September 21, 2024, 01:30:13 AM

Author Topic: 2009-07-11 - Sarnia, Ontario, Canada - Sarnia Bayfest  (Read 12264 times)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-07-11 - Sarnia, Ontario, Canada - Sarnia Bayfest
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 03:00:20 AM »
I already have the exact same Speco ER-370model that the big man uses. It's in the back seat of my car and goes everywhere I go.
 Hawk.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
I already have the exact same Speco ER-370model that the big man uses. It's in the back seat of my car and goes everywhere I go.
 Hawk.

i'm laughing out loud after that one... and as painful as it is (laser surgery in my mouth), I'll probably continue, despite the emerging cracks in the scabbing....

Clearly it's times like these that contribute to the expedited emergence of the bottom of my prescription bottle...

better throw the grinder in the back seat too...

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 03:21:22 AM »
I love the bottom of prescription bottles as long as there is a couple left for me down there.
Hawk.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 03:36:21 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
I love the bottom of prescription bottles as long as there is a couple left for me down there.
Hawk.

always helpful for slowing the train down as the sun begins to rise...

should not be a problem.

just make sure to grab me an extra ticket to ride.

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 01:27:49 AM »
LISTEN UP EVERYBODY  I'll BE IN THE LOT  by noon. Call my buddy's cell and ask for Hawk code word BelowEmpty    5194371607

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 03:21:55 AM »
the only thing that I have to say to you STP-crazies is:

you better bring some asbestos to Sarnia, because Scotty, Robert Dean & Eric are on fire this time around...

here's a SCREEN shot from my video recording... the multi-cam, pro-shot, live feed merged the backdrop screen (flames) with the front-of-the-house view of Scott during the chorus of "Wicked Garden"

as you can tell, they burned the venue in Cinci down to the ground...

see you all in Sarnia.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:28:05 AM by andrewivanhayes »

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 03:42:31 AM »
I'll see you crazy boys tomorrow!!  Andrew-you gotta help me meet the Deleo bros so we can get some cool pics and a great story to share with the board!!  

I have an idea for the next tour.  I think we should have some below empty t-shirts made so that board members can wear them to the shows and we can figure out who each other is more easily.  I always look around at the shows and wonder if anyone from BE is there.  Just a thought.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 04:29:53 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I'll see you crazy boys tomorrow!!  Andrew-you gotta help me meet the Deleo bros so we can get some cool pics and a great story to share with the board!!  

I have an idea for the next tour.  I think we should have some below empty t-shirts made so that board members can wear them to the shows and we can figure out who each other is more easily.  I always look around at the shows and wonder if anyone from BE is there.  Just a thought.

i didn't even know it... but VC & I were surrounded by BE community members, at the Cinci show...

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 06:16:44 AM »
I'm psyched for tomorrow!   but does anyone have any idea what time STP are "scheduled" to go on?   Hope to see some of you there.

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »
BTW  if anyone see's  a guy with a goatee, wearing a  backwards black STP hat  thats me!  say hi!  I'll be there with my GF and its her first STP show... my twenty somthingth.  See you all tomorrow.

DrGONZOakaRaoulDuke

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »
FYI... i called  bayfest...  Our Lady Peace  @  8:45  (everyone should definitly check them out!)   STP @ 10:15

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
Last night's show was incredible once again.  After taking 3 hrs to get there with all road construction, detours and the car searched at the border we made it.  We even got on the rail right in front of Dean.  The guys sounded great!  Same set list minus Piece of Pie.  They seemed like they were getting along really good.  Not that they weren't in Lansing the other night but they were joking around and stuff tonight.  Scott said that they were working on a new album and said maybe we should play a song for everyone tonight and he asked Dean what do you think?  I'm like no fucking way!  Then they started Plush.  Dean and Scott were laughing for a couple minutes.  The highlight of the show was towards the end I think before Unglued, Robert and Scott were standing by the Eric and Robert leaned over and kissed Scott on the head.  LOVED it!  They even did a little impromptu jam that they didn't do the other night.

Our Lady Peace was awesome too.  I forgot how many good songs they have.  Clumsy is one of my favorites.  The lead singer was pretty entertaining too.  

I got to meet Andrew (andrewivanhayes) after the show.  That was really cool too.  I'll let him fill you in on his bad experience with his camcorder.  Crazy drunk Canucks!!  Sorry that I missed you Hawk!!

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
posting from my motel room...

Note: the picture of Christie & I was taken shortly after the following series of events took place... you are NEVER going to believe this one.... trust me.

i'm staying at this crazy rundown motel with a totem pole in front of the property that serves as a landmarker. this place definitely has a mystique about it, such that, at any given moment there could be a drug-deal, an abduction or perhaps even a murder going on the next room... perhaps that explains why I got such a good rate in comparison to the peer hotel/motels in the area...

to say that BayFest was out-of-control is to put things mildly...

ran into HAWK & Christie... unfortunately was not able to meet up with Dr.Gonzo.

snuck the tripod & cam into the show... was sitting at the very back of the venue up on the hill just in front of the perimeter fence that served as a boundary to the outside world... i chose to shoot the screen... everything was going great... made it through the first 10 songs perfectly... started shooting the 2nd half of the show (ILS...7CT...etc) and noticed that this roided-out, meathead jock who appeared to be all coked up had returned to the area... had a bad feeling about this guy since I first saw him.... he was about 5'8", 225-250lbs, chiseled, with these crazy-looking tattoos all over the place... of course it is important to reference the fact that I am about 5'8", 175lbs. and sitting completely by myself at this show... so there I am filming the show... he comes running by and almost knocks over the tripod & cam... and is outrageously yelling, to the point where it is impacting the show, and has no idea what STP song it is (or what day of the week it is for that matter)... so out of concern, I said to him, "hey buddy, I'm shooting the show for the purpose of giving a copy to the band... can you watch out for the cam & tripod... and try not to yell right near where I'm sitting"... now it is important to note that the upper lawn is vacant... there is NO ONE even around me and this guy is just being an enraged, roided-out, drunk, fucking whacked out douche bag... so I said what I said to the guy and even told his friend... and his friend says "okay man, no problem"... and I walked back over to my spot about 50 feet away... and just then, this crazy fucking lunatic rips his shirt off, starts yelling "What, what, what... I'm at a fucking concert... do you hear me.... Do you want a show... I'll give you your own personal show right now".... and at that moment, he began running after me bak to my chair and grabbed the tripod & cam and threw it over the boundary fence... I could not even believe what was happening... for the moment, I forgot about the camcorder and realized that at this point is was more of a safety issue than anything... so i did not say a single word out of fear for my safety... I looked at the kid who was sitting about 20 feet to my left, with his girlfriend... and he said "let me use your chair to go get the tripod and cam"... so i gave him the chair and he hoped over the fence... fortunately the tripod was stuck in a tree and did not hit the ground, so the cam was not damaged at all... he hoped back over the fence with my gear and I began to set up again... and then at that moment the crazed lunatic came running over and pulled out his 'junk' and goes... "let's go another round... this time I'll give you a personal show for the band"... and at that point, I had enough and cut the video file, packed up my gear and headed down to the VIP section to finish watching the last 30 minutes of the set...

following the show, I phoned VC to tell him about what had happened and also spoke to Christie (& Dennis) about meeting up and also talked to Dr.G.... while I was walking out of the venue, I noticed the roid-lunatic sitting on a picnic bench with shirt off and chiseled frame waiting to dismember me in an instant upon recognition.... at that moment, I put my sweatshirt jacket hood up and darted out of there as I ran back to the parking lot in hope of seeing Christie and her husband, Dennis...

once I retuned to the car, I checked out the footage... and fortunately, he did not cause any problems until the beginning of down, which meant that i captured a perfectly clean video recording through the end of SEVEN CAGED TIGERS... which was my primary focus... as I was watching you could see the cam & tripod being tossed as the cam continued to record... and then hear it get stuck in the branches...

thank God that I didn't get into a fight... and to think, I bought the "UNLICENSED" ticket because I thought that it would be more calm away from the drunks... who would have thought that hanging on thew sober side would have caused me so much grief...

after all of the madness simmered down... HAWK Dillinger made his way to my motel and we tore up the town for several late night hours...

what a night....

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 05:17:54 PM »
Wow dude that's fucking ridiculous! Crazy story...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »
WOW no kidding.  What a night.  Hopefully you and Hawk painted the town red to forget all the problems with the roid-raged douche.  I imagine partying with Hawk would be a pretty kick ass time.  

Can't wait to see the good footage.  Most importantly though, glad you are back in one piece.