September 20, 2024, 05:13:28 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland certainly raised a lot of eyebrows.  (Read 8551 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland certainly raised a lot of eyebrows.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 03:29:15 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "UnclePeppi"
if you two don't think fox news is biased then you're in serious denial too

EVERY news channel/paper/online source is biased. Except for The Onion. Because that's just hilarious.

There are times when I find the Onion more credible then the others news sources.

I remember my first experience with The Onion. I was probably 10 or 11, hanging out in Boulder, Colorado with some relatives, and I found a copy on a bus stop bench, and I thought it was called "The Union."

And I was shocked because the first article I saw was "Human gets mouse heart transplant" and I couldn't tell if it was real or not.
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 04:27:34 AM »
He was talking slow and mumbling and losing his train of thought last year at one point during STP's tour. I dunno if that was when he was doing coke or not, I couldn't tell if he said that was during VR or the beginning of STP. He seemed okay when I saw him April 7th, then I think it was early May when he started falling into Eric's drum set and stuff. Then we all remember his PSA about how people should vote. It was either crappy editing or I dunno what.

Didn't we just decide it was the bi-polar meds?
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 04:52:44 AM »
He was talking slow and mumbling and losing his train of thought last year at one point during STP's tour. I dunno if that was when he was doing coke or not, I couldn't tell if he said that was during VR or the beginning of STP. He seemed okay when I saw him April 7th, then I think it was early May when he started falling into Eric's drum set and stuff. Then we all remember his PSA about how people should vote. It was either crappy editing or I dunno what.

Yeah but I'm thinking it's bullshit.  I hate to think it and I hope it is bi-polar meds TRUST ME I do but Scott's been acting the strangest he ever has.  Hopefully it's just booze that's making him act weird.  I think he's just on too much meds.  I don't say this to rag on him I say it because I genuinely care about the guy.  By acting strange I don't mean he's acting like an asshole or anything he's still very nice and cordial like when I met him, but his brain seems fried or something, he can't seem to put a sentence together.  Just compare his interviews now to his ones from 2000 when he was clean from all drugs.  

I doubt it's heroin fortunately, when you're on heroin you actually talk very relaxed, just watch any Perry Farrell interview from the 90s.  Also I think he would either be dead by now if he was back on heroin again or somebody close to him professionally like Dean, Robert, Eric, or Doug would get him to go to rehab again.  The good thing about Scott is he always has a good support system around him and he wants to live a long life for his kids, that's why he's not a Layne Staley story.  Layne didn't want to die, but he didn't feel he had much to live for anymore.  He gave up sadly unlike Scott.  Scott's a fighter so whatever problems he may or may not be having right now I think he'll be okay.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
Quote from: "peronim"
God forbid any research is done, (you know, like the PEW study done that showed Fox gave the most balanced coverage of the Presidential candidates

I'm usually not in to the whole political scene but since you opened the can of worms...I did do a little research (actually it was when I was in college and heard about this PEW "non biased group".) It is actually funded by a multibillion dollar trust conveniently named by the same name- The Pew Charitable Trust, which even more conveniently was headed by a ultra conservative by the name of Joseph Pew who consistently bashed liberals. Please dont try to lecture people on this forum when you, too, are using biased information to support your claim.

(Just another reason why I don't like to talk politics-nobody is ever right and you can argue until the end of time, just resulting in talking in circles)

Let's be fair: I didn't bring up the legitimacy of Fox news, several other people did.   However, most people just dismiss them because people say they should, not because they've actually watched or watch many news broadcasts.

I used but one example from a research group that is actually well-respected.  Since you didn't mention it, Joseph Pew died 40-some years ago.  The thing is, what many people consider to be "conservative" isn't really conservative.  Pew's ideology was more libertarian, which is much more in line with how the US Constitution is written.  The Trust you speak of is actively involved in projects which could be placed on both sides of the political spectrum.

So, please, your gotcha isn't a gotcha.  And we're not talking politics, we're talking journalism, which I am happy to discuss.  I never said Fox was completely balanced.  I argue it is the most balanced, and LOOKS biased towards the right because of the other news outlets leaning left.  I know I am on a lonely island with my stance.  But just because of lot of people say one thing doesn't make it right.

Fear 2 Stop

• Rightous Bald Dude
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

Yeah but I'm thinking it's bullshit.  I hate to think it and I hope it is bi-polar meds TRUST ME I do but Scott's been acting the strangest he ever has.  Hopefully it's just booze that's making him act weird.  I think he's just on too much meds.  I don't say this to rag on him I say it because I genuinely care about the guy.  By acting strange I don't mean he's acting like an asshole or anything he's still very nice and cordial like when I met him, but his brain seems fried or something, he can't seem to put a sentence together.  Just compare his interviews now to his ones from 2000 when he was clean from all drugs.  

I doubt it's heroin fortunately, when you're on heroin you actually talk very relaxed, just watch any Perry Farrell interview from the 90s.  Also I think he would either be dead by now if he was back on heroin again or somebody close to him professionally like Dean, Robert, Eric, or Doug would get him to go to rehab again.  The good thing about Scott is he always has a good support system around him and he wants to live a long life for his kids, that's why he's not a Layne Staley story.  Layne didn't want to die, but he didn't feel he had much to live for anymore.  He gave up sadly unlike Scott.  Scott's a fighter so whatever problems he may or may not be having right now I think he'll be okay.
It very well could be the meds. Look at what happened to Brian Wilson. He was as much of a junkie as Weiland, but it was when he started taking high doses of anti-depressants that his speech went to shit. There's an interview online from the early 90s where he sounds so much like Weiland that it is scary.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:13 PM »
I saw Brian Wilson in concert a few years ago and he could barely finish sentences. It seems like his only way of communication is through songs. And he got up and walked off stage like a minute before his band was done playing.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
Quote from: "Fear 2 Stop"
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"

It very well could be the meds. Look at what happened to Brian Wilson. He was as much of a junkie as Weiland, but it was when he started taking high doses of anti-depressants that his speech went to shit. There's an interview online from the early 90s where he sounds so much like Weiland that it is scary.
The good thing is Brian is still alive so that's a good sign for Scott.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
Just reading some old posts and who can honestly say Fox News is politically balanced....haha just one year later anyone making that statement would sound like a complete fool

Silverman Supergun

• Thetan level 7
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Where did Glenn Beck go to college?  How about O'reilly?  How about Hannity?  They must have been Ivy League like G.W. Bush.  If you meet up with STP after a show, make sure and talk about conservative issues and fox news with them.  They will be so impressed!  

For some of you beginners in life.  Never talk about politics and religion in social circumstances.  You will embarrass yourself, get owned, piss somebody off, and just seem like a stupid douche generally.  Save your ignorance for internet message boards.

Scott has always jumbled his words with awkward pauses.  Sober or wrecked.
Trampled under sole of another man's shoes cause I walked too softly.  But in my defense, he was a Macho Pendejo.

VeiledTrickerySTP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
The same people who think FOX News is biased happily watch MSNBC and think its a honest news organization.

Luckily, even though Scott is a misinformed liberal, I can separate his politics from his music.

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 01:52:19 AM »
Bipolar medicine/anti-anxiety medication can't cause oedema, that is probably the alcohol as it can also have a knock on effect for the dopamine levels in the body, if he is taking medication for the bipolar.  Even grapefruit juice and citirus fruit can be an issue if on medication for anything which the medication is either SNRI/SSRI!!!

If you read the literature to the drugs, if you mix drink with them, it has a more sedative effect.  As well as making one podgy with H2O retention.  :(
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

MrKerosene

• Pee Coat
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Drop Dead Sixty - Music Page
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 09:05:02 AM »
video links, anyone? sorry if i cant go off of reports alone.
Do you like STP? Check out my band! We're heavily STP-influenced. http://dropdeadsixtymusic.bandcamp.com/

jjbsn5192

• Pilot
  • 7 Caged Tigers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:13 AM »
to be completely honest scotts always been really nervous on-stage..
its like when the music starts he becomes  something else and he uses drugs to cause him to be very calm

watch the Plush at the MTV movie awards in 93.. and towards the end of the gig he looks as if he's very nervous and kind of acted the same as he does now
sure there have been times where weiland has acted really strange but

i think he has high anxiety on camera but when the music rolls he kind of falls into his place at home
In the Music Realm

but no during many interviews he slurrs in speach and it takes him awhile to fit full sentences or break off of those sentences and just stop talking period.

thats what drugs does to you unfortunately any drug you take in your early years may affect you over a period of time
but also re open later on in your life
who knows when but..

im glad to say that weilands still alive and that i was able to purchase the new STP record may 25th of 2010 it was a very monumental experince for me to have been able to do that..
and enjoy the new tracks

" I have to return some video tapes "