September 19, 2024, 07:34:14 PM

Author Topic: The Softdrive Show  (Read 14980 times)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Softdrive Show
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 02:05:46 AM »
Good to see some VR, but it doesn't have the right energy to it. I think they should have gone with You Got No Right.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 02:54:32 AM »
i'm kinda tired of hearing scott not hit the notes he hits on the fall to pieces chorus on the record, its like a half-assed "I'm", i still think his voice works for him, but i think he should stop performing that song, just my 2 cents
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"
i'm kinda tired of hearing scott not hit the notes he hits on the fall to pieces chorus on the record, its like a half-assed "I'm", i still think his voice works for him, but i think he should stop performing that song, just my 2 cents

What's your opinion on Scott's current vocal performances of Core and Purple songs?
Bleeda blooda

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 07:16:24 AM »
I think this version of Fall To Pieces is better than original.
I my opinion, the way he sings "I'm" fits the mood of this new version very well.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »
I enjoyed seeing the 2 videoes. He seemed very quiet in the videoes, but maybe he was having a bad day? Who knows?

The white extensions gotta go though....Dark hair suits him way better...and shorter hair.
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
Aww I heard FTP again!! ;D ;D  ;D  I give a fuck if he hits the notes or not  :P
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

otisroom

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
I'm trying not to post on these forums much because it only gets me in trouble (haha). But I read this thread and I have to say and take it from a guy that knows the signs by heart. Scot's speech issues are not because of cocaine or heroin. Believe me because I know when dudes doing either. I have seen all permutations. My opinion is it's the bi-polar meds. They are kind of strong but when he doesn't take them he gets really depressed and uncomfortable and then he does start with the illegal drugs and you all know what that leads to... much worse things. So it's a question of the lesser of two evils. I personally would rather him be a little mush mouthed from his meds then out shooting dope and maybe dying or getting arrested or shot or some shit.

And just a word about the episodes. You guys are going to see some stuff you like and maybe some stuff you don't like. But we are just trying to give a really intimate view (poop jokes aside) of what goes on around softdrive. We thought that people would be interested and it's a way to give something back to the fans for free and (lets be honest) promote the label and the bands. So far the response has been a hundred percent positive and I thank you all for that.

PS this version of FTP was just a special one off for that gig we did. The version that we may or may not be playing out on tour is louder and more like the OG though still different.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 06:38:59 PM »
Woah, teh DG is back in the house!   :D

#1 - Thanks for the report on our main squeeze!  I'm glad that the "speech issues" are due to an Rx medication rather than something horrible.  I certainly hope Scott is able to wrestle his deamons and live happily and most importantly, HEALTHY.

#2 - The Softdrive Show rocks.  You know it.  We know it.  And everyone else knows it.  It's nice to catch a little glimpse of what goes on inside the world of SDR.  Very cool - keep 'em coming!

#3 - That shiney suit?  I think it should make a comeback for Round Two of the Weiland solo tour.  Seriously.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »
I'm with Jessie on all points. Good to hear from someone close to Scott that he is on the straight and narrow (or close enough).  The lot of us here really care about his health and well being.  

As for the webisodes and Softdrive shows, we LOVE EM!  Its great seeing all the behind the scenes stuff.  

I do hope, Doug, that you are able to provide us with that live recording from the last tour.  I know I speak for all of us when I say we are very excited to hear it.  

Take care, and keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing.  We're eating it up.  

-Aaron

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
Quote from: "otisroom"
I'm trying not to post on these forums much because it only gets me in trouble (haha). But I read this thread and I have to say and take it from a guy that knows the signs by heart. Scot's speech issues are not because of cocaine or heroin. Believe me because I know when dudes doing either. I have seen all permutations. My opinion is it's the bi-polar meds. They are kind of strong but when he doesn't take them he gets really depressed and uncomfortable and then he does start with the illegal drugs and you all know what that leads to... much worse things. So it's a question of the lesser of two evils. I personally would rather him be a little mush mouthed from his meds then out shooting dope and maybe dying or getting arrested or shot or some shit.

And just a word about the episodes. You guys are going to see some stuff you like and maybe some stuff you don't like. But we are just trying to give a really intimate view (poop jokes aside) of what goes on around softdrive. We thought that people would be interested and it's a way to give something back to the fans for free and (lets be honest) promote the label and the bands. So far the response has been a hundred percent positive and I thank you all for that.

PS this version of FTP was just a special one off for that gig we did. The version that we may or may not be playing out on tour is louder and more like the OG though still different.

The Softdrive Show is probably the coolest thing going on with Scott in a long time. I love how it's not just a minute and a half of random clips, but it's actual information, and talking. Doug, you're awesome. Thanks for doing what you do.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »

Thanks for the post Doug.  I think Scott's behavior with the bi-polar meds has startled some of us because he acted pretty normal from 2004-2006 and it's sad to see him struggle through sentences (that's why I thought he might be on more) but I'd much rather have that then him being on coke or heroin.

Yeah I like the Softdrive Show a lot, serves a purpose and gives us a cool behind the scenes look, and like I said way better than the pointless Crash Webisodes.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »

Thanks for the post, Doug :) It's nice to hear from someone close to Scott how he's doing. I'm not surprised it's his meds which is slurring his speech, my meds do it to me too so if Scott is anything like me he's probably annoyed by it, but we have to take it for obvious reasons.

Personally I like the Crash Webisodes, it was nice to see various footage of Scott like that :) I do enjoy the softdrive show too, nice to see how it all works back stage and stuff :)
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
Now...

CAN EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT "ASSUMING" TO KNOW WHAT HE IS OR IS NOT ON & WHAT IS MAKING HIM ACT ANY KIND OF WAY!!!

As I always said, none of you KNOW him or are in his everyday life, so how the hell can you say hes all strung out & doing drugs again?? You're all just as bad as the people who interview him & can't ever seen NOT to mention his past issues.

I hope that you guys will stop jumping the gun with what Scott is doing & just be loving fans.

You just heard from his partner & one of his closest friends. Now SHUT IT!!!!

Before I cut all of you negative nancy's!!!

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:38 PM »
No need to get all upset over things in the past.  People have reacted to Scott's behavior with predictable results.  

It was great hearing an explanation from Doug, and it is a valid and believable one, IMO.  However, because of Scott's past every time he acts differently drugs are always going to be brought up.  Not saying its fair, but it is a natural and understandable reaction considering his lifelong public battle.  Lets also not forget there have been a lot of times where Scott has pledged that he is sober, when he was in fact not (12BB tour and a couple others being ripe examples).

I do agree with you, however, and choose to believe Doug's confirmation of Scotts sobriety.  I want nothing for the best for one of my idols and (IMO) the best performer/frontman.  I'm so very glad he is staying clean and away from cocaine/heroin.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »

WOW. Thats honestly great to hear. I was hoping him hitting his 40th birthday a couple years back would be kind of a milestone for him, and it looks like it has been, even if the bipolar medication makes him seem not himself. And we dig the softdrive youtubes keep em comin
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.