September 19, 2024, 06:38:52 PM

Author Topic: do you remember where you were 13 years ago?? 3 26 96  (Read 11696 times)

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
Re: do you remember where you were 13 years ago?? 3 26 96
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 09:54:50 PM »
i dont remember what I was doing on 03-26-96, I was only 8 and hadn't really dipped into STP just yet...not till sometime that summer.

My first STP memory was that summer of '96 and my friend and i were banging on trash cans with sticks and playing air guitar and singing just random songs or whatever. I think we were mimicking the nick show 'Doug'  :D  All of the sudden he started singing....

"I got a girlfriend, she goes to art school..."

I remember I stopped and asked what he was singing and he said Stone Temple Pilots. He told me his dad was playing the album he got a few months ago. We went in a little later and his dad put the album on for us. I remember feeling a sense of excitement the first time i listened to Tiny Music...I remember loving every song.

If I can remember anything from my child hood that is one memory that I can remember everything.

Plus I pride myself getting into STP by not hearing a radio hit first  ;D
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 04:02:31 AM »
Quote from: "ArnoldLayne"
I remember going to a local record shop (I guess just a few days after the release date) in the begining of April 1996. I was already familiar with the band, loved Core & Purple. The shop owner played me some samples of the songs and I remeber the pure excitement when I first heard "Trippin' a hole in a paper heart". That's when I knew I had to buy that album. It sounded so good.

Tiny Music is my favorite STP record. It's a wonderful collection of songs. Such a great variety in them and the overall production is excellent. There's a nice segment on the Thank You -dvd where they're recording "Big bang baby". Would like to see more of that!

me too--i love seeing bands record their music, especially a band like stp that will leave the studio and just record in some house where they're comfortable and screw around in between recording sessions. and i love how they put eric out in the yard while they recorded his drum parts. the whole process is just so cool.

clyde frog

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »
i told my third grade teacher when she asked us individually what we wanted to be when we grow up that i wanted to be a junkie,thinkng it as a joke from that old early 90s anti drug commercial with the kid who says he wants to be a junkie when he grows up. didnt know what a junkie was, but she took me seriously and i got in BIG trouble. I cant decide whether the teacher was incredibly stupid for taking an 8 year old seriously about that comment or just being a total frigid bitch.
some dads are not your dad

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 07:11:42 PM »
I had just turned 16 about a month earlier. I remember having gone to my grandparents' house to spend spring break there. My older brother and I went downtown and we each bought a copy of Tiny Music... I think I spent the next year trying to be Scott Weiland, haha!
Karma schmarma.

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »
I cant remember buying it but Im surei bought it the day it came out.  What I remember most was when BBB was premiered on the radio and how blown away I was with it because it didnt even sound like them.  I taped via audio cassette and wore that tape down with constant rewind and playback, and of course I that the video was great as well.

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »
I remember it was the start of my college career. 1st semester. Started going to a lot of clubs and watching a lot of bands perform in NYC. Ah, those were the times.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »
It's a delayed post, but I remember being a very shy and quiet person, who spent days at school and nights watching Duckman, despite the fact that I was underaged according to the TV rating.  >:D
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...