September 20, 2024, 12:07:30 AM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland @ revived VH1's "Behind the Music"  (Read 23567 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland @ revived VH1's "Behind the Music"
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "Casper"
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Quote from: "weilandfan"
It would probably get better ratings if it was titled Stone Temple Pilots Behind The Music.  They could still discuss Velvet Revolver and even throw in Army of Anyone.

I thought the same thing but STP hasn't been active in a while, Scott has been more in the eye than STP in yrs.

Well I love that its about him. I think he gets the raw end of the deal & most (not us on here) never think anything about him other then being a frontman & all his past drug arrests & such. I was really thrilled to hear it was ON HIM. And maybe as with some of those BHTM, it can shed a light better for those not in the know. I like when those shows focus on just one person mostly, not a whole band, though of course it will have some info on the bands. I get a better sense of a person. Or what they have personally gone through.
Yeah but I'd like to hear about Rob, Dean, and Eric too.  There's not much known about Eric and it would be cool to get more of a back story on him.  Also I'm sure the DeLeo brothers had an interesting life growing up with so many siblings and also Dean had some drug problems so it would be interesting to hear how he beat his addiction.

Yea it would be sadly not enough people would care, Scott's the frontman and Scott's the guy that was in those two big bands in their eye(vh1) he can tell enough of the story.

There is always the possibility that STP was asked and said no. Maybe Scott was the only one interested in doing it since Kretz and the DeLeos like their privacy.
That is a good point.

Yea but again Vh1 and MTV go by the popular vote, they based on what people remember the most and the drama behind it, if Scott said that doing this special was painful then we know what it's gonna be based on, i mean look at the guns n roses one they only played it once and Axl isn't even on it , and now they can't play it anymore because of him threatening to sue. it's like if they decided to do one on the Stooges....they would just call Iggy Pop, thats just how they are.
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »
It would probably get better ratings if it was titled Stone Temple Pilots Behind The Music.  They could still discuss Velvet Revolver and even throw in Army of Anyone.

I thought the same thing but STP hasn't been active in a while, Scott has been more in the eye than STP in yrs.

Well I love that its about him. I think he gets the raw end of the deal & most (not us on here) never think anything about him other then being a frontman & all his past drug arrests & such. I was really thrilled to hear it was ON HIM. And maybe as with some of those BHTM, it can shed a light better for those not in the know. I like when those shows focus on just one person mostly, not a whole band, though of course it will have some info on the bands. I get a better sense of a person. Or what they have personally gone through.
Yeah but I'd like to hear about Rob, Dean, and Eric too.  There's not much known about Eric and it would be cool to get more of a back story on him.  Also I'm sure the DeLeo brothers had an interesting life growing up with so many siblings and also Dean had some drug problems so it would be interesting to hear how he beat his addiction.

Yea it would be sadly not enough people would care, Scott's the frontman and Scott's the guy that was in those two big bands in their eye(vh1) he can tell enough of the story.

There is always the possibility that STP was asked and said no. Maybe Scott was the only one interested in doing it since Kretz and the DeLeos like their privacy.
That is a good point.

Yea but again Vh1 and MTV go by the popular vote, they based on what people remember the most and the drama behind it, if Scott said that doing this special was painful then we know what it's gonna be based on, i mean look at the guns n roses one they only played it once and Axl isn't even on it , and now they can't play it anymore because of him threatening to sue. it's like if they decided to do one on the Stooges....they would just call Iggy Pop, thats just how they are.
No, Stone Temple Pilots Behind The Music would get better ratings than Scott Weiland Behind The Music, and TV networks are all about ratings.  Stone Temple Pilots is a much more well known name than just Scott himself, STP is a band that has sold tens of millions of albums worldwide and have had radio hit after radio hit.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »

That is a good point.

No, Stone Temple Pilots Behind The Music would get better ratings than Scott Weiland Behind The Music, and TV networks are all about ratings.  Stone Temple Pilots is a much more well known name than just Scott himself, STP is a band that has sold tens of millions of albums worldwide and have had radio hit after radio hit.

uhhh yea..as far as that goes STP hasn't been active or caused anything recent to be  the buzz of the music industry this is a rock band that was popular in the 90's  that's not enough for them, they're not some bubblegum act therefore the only ones watching would be us they wanna based this on STP success+band drama then scott's drug+more drug use then VR success+ 10x the drama+ more scott drug use. are you kidding those dirty fucks don't care about the rest of the band theres not enough things to say about them (meaning enough bad things) i could see if they were a part of it and talked about Scott's highs and lows. Bret Michaels got one cuz he's somewhat famous again and same thing for Bobby Brown. and the only thing i pray for is that if the reason of this being  on hold is cuz they wanna add stuff about the new STP album if not thats bullshit.
If you only knew..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2009, 06:12:34 AM »
I agree. I wish they'd just play it.

Scott personally has had WAYYYY more drama then the band has collectively. Sure Dean has his addictions, but he never really was in trouble (or even in the media for it like Scott was).

And I love that it's just Scott. Sorry, I am. I can't help it. Between is drug battles, being jailed, his issues with Mary... theres just a lot they could cover.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
TV audience changes, today most people who watch VH1 don't know STP (or don't know they're together again) but know VR so know Scott. (this is how I see it HERE, don't know there). STP mention is inevitable, it's about Scott so they can talk about VR too (what audience knows better) which became a big drama.

I love it will be about Scott, it will help people watch him as a solo artist too.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

tumbleintherough

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2010, 07:07:20 AM »
im excited to hear about this when will it be aired i know this topic is from a few months ago but still im looking forward to this anybody know the details on this?

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2010, 07:55:42 AM »
His episode has been shelved for some unknown reason. Hopefully they decide to air it soon!

nola51

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2010, 03:25:59 AM »
I hope they take it back off the shelve and put it on for us all to see!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2010, 09:44:34 AM »
Maybe they were waiting till the new cd comes out & tie it together for bigger ratings... I hope. I just wish they'd play the damn thing already. So frustrating!

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2010, 05:29:50 PM »
I don't think you'd want to air an episode that would be only 10 minutes long after editing out all the "uh's" and "um's".
Back for another one

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
Has this episode been shelved permanently? anyone know for sure?

sfgiants_stp

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
no one when this is going to show???

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »
You know since the new STP album released I was hoping that they would take this off the shelf and actually air it.

Did anyone actually find out why it never aired?

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:19 PM »
My guesses as to why it was shelved:

A: Scott was reluctant to talk about certain subjects, thus giving them very little to make a show out of.
B: Certain ex-bandmates were reluctant to discuss certain specifics about break-ups/relapses, leaving a huge hole in the episode.
C: The end result was less flattering than Scott had hoped, so he refused to let it be released.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
My guesses as to why it was shelved:

A: Scott was reluctant to talk about certain subjects, thus giving them very little to make a show out of.
B: Certain ex-bandmates were reluctant to discuss certain specifics about break-ups/relapses, leaving a huge hole in the episode.
C: The end result was less flattering than Scott had hoped, so he refused to let it be released.

one other key element you left off....

There's a book coming. Why would anyone want the book if you already saw it on TV. Maybe they'll dust it off the self once Scott's autobiography is released
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)