October 04, 2024, 06:34:57 AM

Author Topic: Inside Out???  (Read 8977 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Inside Out???
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »
Also Duff relapsed on pills or something, he admitted it in an interview.  Scott also said that every VR member except for Dave relapsed on something.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
whatever duff "relapsed" on couldnt have been that serious cuz like someone else said, he'd be dead...also is it not possible that scott at one point considered dean, eric, rob, slash, duff, dave, and matt ALL his brothers? why is that so hard to believe? i've never heard him refer to the VR guys as "brothers" personally, but he does speak of them highly, comparing a relationship with people to that you'd have in a gang is pretty high praise, as elementary as a comparison as it is. clearly they had a falling out and now he views rob eric and dean much more favorably as he should, but lets not argue about who his best friends are
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"
also is it not possible that scott at one point considered dean, eric, rob, slash, duff, dave, and matt
Sounds like the Octomom's family to me.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »
sorry bret, it's actually true. he called them that when i met them and i have seen it in interviews, he has said that they had his back and they have suffered like he has, if it wasn't for drugs, death, wives, and the media it probably would have worked out i mean they all let their success get to their heads and they all felt young again. great band for this decade and times STP's back together which is great just to bad that nobody else cares.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Quote from: "hello,its late"
Scott was like the happiest he's ever been on that and he says it too! it's amazing to see the first performance and the after

Yup. He's said it many times.
I finally got the documentary the other day. Scott was actually humbled by the 4 guys from VR. He ALWAYS referred to them as his brothers.
What does that tell you?
No he didn't.  I've never seen him say it, and if he has it's not every time.  He's always called Eric, Dean, and Robert brothers and even during break up periods he's referred to them in a very positive manner.  He said with the VR guys they used to be a "gang" but that's the most he's said positively about them, he also said he got along with Slash, but he didn't call him a brother.  There was an obvious disconnect in VR, they only seemed to get along during the Contraband era.  The VR guys did help Scott in the beginning get off drugs which is great but don't act like they're godsends, everybody in VR except besides Dave relapsed during the band's run.

Dude, why are you so in denial of the fact that Scott was happy in another band that isn't STP? You're mindlessly devoted to these guys to the point of pure delusion.

1. Scott has said multiple times that he has never been happier than he was with VR and that that band are his brothers, but how would you know that? You don't dig through VR archives and find all of the interviews we've seen.

2. There are plenty of videos from the Libertad era (pre-late 2007) where they're all getting along fine. Yeah, there was disconnection in Libertad, but they had to follow up Contraband. With expectations that high, nothing they could've put out would've been up to par.

3. Slash and Scott Relapsed. If Duff had relapsed, he would've been dead.
Scott was happy in 2004-2006 with VR, I said that, but things got bad by the time Libertad started up.  Find me the quote where he says they're his brothers.  Also, if he really considered them brothers you'd think he'd have spoken to them since the breakup, he's only spoken to Dave, who seems to get along with everybody.

You can pretty much search youtube and find a bunch of interviews where Scott has said it. The big one was the VR documentary on VH1 where he says it multiple times. He talks about it on the Howard Stern interview. It's pretty much everywhere, man.
HelloItsLate met them, so I mean I'm pretty sure he'd know better than any of us anyway.
You're in some insane state of denial about this. Why is it so damn hard for you to believe Scott was happy without STP?
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »
Scott was like the happiest he's ever been on that and he says it too! it's amazing to see the first performance and the after

Yup. He's said it many times.
I finally got the documentary the other day. Scott was actually humbled by the 4 guys from VR. He ALWAYS referred to them as his brothers.
What does that tell you?
No he didn't.  I've never seen him say it, and if he has it's not every time.  He's always called Eric, Dean, and Robert brothers and even during break up periods he's referred to them in a very positive manner.  He said with the VR guys they used to be a "gang" but that's the most he's said positively about them, he also said he got along with Slash, but he didn't call him a brother.  There was an obvious disconnect in VR, they only seemed to get along during the Contraband era.  The VR guys did help Scott in the beginning get off drugs which is great but don't act like they're godsends, everybody in VR except besides Dave relapsed during the band's run.

Dude, why are you so in denial of the fact that Scott was happy in another band that isn't STP? You're mindlessly devoted to these guys to the point of pure delusion.

1. Scott has said multiple times that he has never been happier than he was with VR and that that band are his brothers, but how would you know that? You don't dig through VR archives and find all of the interviews we've seen.

2. There are plenty of videos from the Libertad era (pre-late 2007) where they're all getting along fine. Yeah, there was disconnection in Libertad, but they had to follow up Contraband. With expectations that high, nothing they could've put out would've been up to par.

3. Slash and Scott Relapsed. If Duff had relapsed, he would've been dead.
Scott was happy in 2004-2006 with VR, I said that, but things got bad by the time Libertad started up.  Find me the quote where he says they're his brothers.  Also, if he really considered them brothers you'd think he'd have spoken to them since the breakup, he's only spoken to Dave, who seems to get along with everybody.

You can pretty much search youtube and find a bunch of interviews where Scott has said it. The big one was the VR documentary on VH1 where he says it multiple times. He talks about it on the Howard Stern interview. It's pretty much everywhere, man.
HelloItsLate met them, so I mean I'm pretty sure he'd know better than any of us anyway.
You're in some insane state of denial about this. Why is it so damn hard for you to believe Scott was happy without STP?
He was, didn't you read my post?  Seriously, I just said he was happy with VR from 2004-2006.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »
As I understood it, EVERYONE (with the exeption of Dave) relapsed in some way durring Scott's time with VR. It doesn't mean HARD DRUGS, but any kind of a slip for an addict is considered a replase, pills booze, whatever. An adict is an addict, and a slip of any kind is a scary one for them.

Thats why it was so chocking & unfair that they seemed to all point the finger at Scott as he was THE addict of the band & they all kept Matt's rehab silent (including Scott) for respect of his privacy... till they threw Scott under the bus. Then the truth came out that Dave was the only one that did NOT have a slip up.

If I have my facts straight...

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 10:53:16 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
As I understood it, EVERYONE (with the exeption of Dave) relapsed in some way durring Scott's time with VR. It doesn't mean HARD DRUGS, but any kind of a slip for an addict is considered a replase, pills booze, whatever. An adict is an addict, and a slip of any kind is a scary one for them.

Thats why it was so chocking & unfair that they seemed to all point the finger at Scott as he was THE addict of the band & they all kept Matt's rehab silent (including Scott) for respect of his privacy... till they threw Scott under the bus. Then the truth came out that Dave was the only one that did NOT have a slip up.

If I have my facts straight...

Well assuming that they did in fact all relapse, they didn't let it affect the music. It was pretty apparent that Scott did, listen to his vocals on the later VR concerts. Slash, Matt and Duff have always been able to play fucked up, they kind of had to with GNR lol. We all know Scott can't, look at his days with STP when he was using, his voice suffers, man.
I think they didn't necessarily point the finger at him for using, it was more they all knew they had relapsed but they were still able to fulfill their obligations in playing. Scott was not able to do that.
But that's just my point of view.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
i dont belive that whole thing Scott said AT ALL i have aclassic rock magazine interview with the band after libertad's release Scott is the first one to say he relapsed on oxys and he went to rehab there was no reason to hide Matts theyre all a bunch of fuckin addicts in denial Slash said Scott was talked to multiple times when he relapsed but he just kept going the wrong way then scotts recent classic rock interview he says that he thinks its funny that Duff said it was his relapse because he hasnt done heroin in 6 yrs... yet he doesnt  say "yea duff was talking about my coke binge" showing up late and not showing up at all for any band ur in is shit and these guys had to do that through axl why do it again?? yet they did.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »
i dont belive that whole thing Scott said AT ALL i have aclassic rock magazine interview with the band after libertad's release Scott is the first one to say he relapsed on oxys and he went to rehab there was no reason to hide Matts theyre all a bunch of fuckin addicts in denial Slash said Scott was talked to multiple times when he relapsed but he just kept going the wrong way then scotts recent classic rock interview he says that he thinks its funny that Duff said it was his relapse because he hasnt done heroin in 6 yrs... yet he doesnt  say "yea duff was talking about my coke binge" showing up late and not showing up at all for any band ur in is shit and these guys had to do that through axl why do it again?? yet they did.
You're doing the cliche Scott/Axl argument.  You didn't even respond to the fact that Slash's relapse postponed Libertad's recording and release by many months and that Matt had the first AU tour canceled.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »
Well, Matt was the reason they had to postpone one of the tours overseas, so it effected them in that way. Im not saying Scott is a saint. Just when all the VR crap went down they all seemed in the media (either be media made, or howt really was with them at that point) to be acting like he was the only one who had troubles durring the course of the band. No one is any less guilty or better in that subject.

Its a band of recovering addicts. And addicts have periods of sobriety & periods where they slip. Its a life long journey. They just happen to be in the public eye unlike all the rest of us.

Scott is always going to be the "junkie rockstar" to the media, so it doesn't take much for them to atack him. He sneezes wrong or is sick with a cold & they say hes a all strung out. He's use to it though.

A weaker person would just give up or hide. Hes obviously a fighter.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 11:07:41 PM »
it's not cliche clich is to compare stp to pearl jam, im just being realistic about Scott just cuz he's on the top 3 of my heroes doesnt meat he's a fuckin angel he's actually less than that to me.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 11:09:35 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Well, Matt was the reason they had to postpone one of the tours overseas, so it effected them in that way. Im not saying Scott is a saint. Just when all the VR crap went down they all seemed in the media (either be media made, or howt really was with them at that point) to be acting like he was the only one who had troubles durring the course of the band. No one is any less guilty or better in that subject.

Its a band of recovering addicts. And addicts have periods of sobriety & periods where they slip. Its a life long journey. They just happen to be in the public eye unlike all the rest of us.

Scott is always going to be the "junkie rockstar" to the media, so it doesn't take much for them to atack him. He sneezes wrong or is sick with a cold & they say hes a all strung out. He's use to it though.

A weaker person would just give up or hide. Hes obviously a fighter.

Scott made his bed, now he's gotta lie in it.
They see him as a junkie rockstar, it's because he made himself that way.

hello,its late

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »
Layne Staley wasnt even like that and he was a big junkhead lol the media didnt treat him that way cuz he didnt ask for it and AIC was less pop than stp, theres been plenty of junkies but to get busted like that?? lol c'mon Scott u know u wanna be the cliche rockstar lol not anymore though he's finally more mature.

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
Scott made his bed, now he's gotta lie in it.
They see him as a junkie rockstar, it's because he made himself that way.

But hes CLEAN...

Ok let me put it THIS way:

My brother, is an addict, has been since I was about 5, in & out of jail too because of it. So thats over 30 years of him doing his yo yo dance.

I see how some of my family treats him, how they CONSTANTLY throw his past in his face, he can be clean & not go to jial for the REST of his life from this point on... But because they think they are sooooooooooooooo much better the he is because they dont understand the turmoil he has had or goes through, its sickening to be around.

So to SEE someone who has his mistakes thrown into his face so easily at family gatherings, every time hes around... hell even when hes NOT around, its not right.

And it seems that addicts in the public eye have it in their face forever too & it doesn't make it right!!

Scott could aslo be clean till hes an old man & they will still do the same slams in articles.

Yes, he did what he did. He can't take that back. But does it make it right to just write him off like that?/ no.

I don't like it when its doen to my brother, I can just imagine how Scott feels. And you WONDER WHY he is not so friendly to the media... I wouldn't be either.

It just seems unfair at times. Like no matter HOW good or how long he'll be clean, it means nothing to the masses And so, weaker people would just give up & say "They already call me a junlie, so I must be one, why not just go use."