September 20, 2024, 09:59:03 AM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46117 times)

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Updates on album?
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »
Quote from: "Sledgehammers of Truth"
Don't you appreciate the mystique of the band?  They do things the way bands used to and I appreciate them for that.

That's why the internet and the new mediums like Twitter and Facebook are like a double edged sword. We want everything NOW NOW NOW. Privacy is a thing of the past.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.

Honestly Brett I can list tonnes of bands that don't even give a flying rat's ass about their fan base or talking to them........... Number1 money grubbing snobs with no communication were the ChilliPeppers.
  At least Scott says hi from all over the place and it's actually no of our business when and where and how this album is gonna be created.   I'm just glad that Scott's still has it in him and is by far the best in the world.
 Hawk.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
The album will be ready when the album is ready. I don't mind that we aren't receiving constant updates or "vlogs".

But on the topic of unreleased/b-side type stuff, STP definitely should consider a box set type deally (i.e. Music Bank) with tons of unreleased music and photos, and what-have-ya.
Back for another one

Comatose Commodity

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
do you think Da Vinci showed the world Mona Lisas left boob until the painting was finished?  ;)
I had the midwife naked and alone

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »
Very good points, people. Scott has also said on a number of occasions that he's upset that artists these days don't have a mystique about them anymore because of the fact that everyone is using the internet to find out every tiny little detail about everyone and shit
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2010, 06:59:58 PM »
Quote from: "The Action Girls"
The album will be ready when the album is ready. I don't mind that we aren't receiving constant updates or "vlogs".

But on the topic of unreleased/b-side type stuff, STP definitely should consider a box set type deally (i.e. Music Bank) with tons of unreleased music and photos, and what-have-ya.

It's funny cuz when i talked to Dean last yr he mentioned how he would love to do something like that and a live album would also be neat.
Sometimes i wonder if it's Scott's fault lol I mean VR were gonna put out a live album and DVD which eventually got leaked and this was all planned even before Libertad and it never came out. Ironically STP and VR don't have a live album but Scott has one coming out soon lol.
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
Very good points, people. Scott has also said on a number of occasions that he's upset that artists these days don't have a mystique about them anymore because of the fact that everyone is using the internet to find out every tiny little detail about everyone and shit

yea but mystique shouldn't be involve when a band needs to let the whole world that they are making an album, my brother in law loves them and he didn't even know that they were in the studio cuz the Weiland solo stuff kinda overshadowed the reunion. They all know what the internet is and i think we will see vlogs but rather close to the album's release.
If you only knew..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Scott has also said on a number of occasions that he's upset that artists these days don't have a mystique about them anymore because of the fact that everyone is using the internet to find out every tiny little detail about everyone and shit

He's one of the few artists that I feel still have a mystique, or an aura about them. Not that I don't mind bands that are down to earth and so personable that you can sit down and have a beer with them, but I don't hold them in the vain that I would a Scott Weiland, Jim Morrison, or IMO Lenny Kravitz even. Those guys ARE rock stars. Those guys and others have that mystique that I wouldn't mind shoveling out $50 to see them perform.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

ejsme

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
I don't get how Robert and Dean were so fan-friendly and good about communicating when Army of Anyone was coming out, but now you don't hear anything from them.

You could practically have a conversation with Robert on the AOA forum and now they never check in or anything.

Whazup

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2010, 12:23:32 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Scott has also said on a number of occasions that he's upset that artists these days don't have a mystique about them anymore because of the fact that everyone is using the internet to find out every tiny little detail about everyone and shit

He's one of the few artists that I feel still have a mystique, or an aura about them. Not that I don't mind bands that are down to earth and so personable that you can sit down and have a beer with them, but I don't hold them in the vain that I would a Scott Weiland, Jim Morrison, or IMO Lenny Kravitz even. Those guys ARE rock stars. Those guys and others have that mystique that I wouldn't mind shoveling out $50 to see them perform.

Axl Rose is another who has a certain "mystique"

nomis

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »
Axl Rose is another who has a certain "mystique"[/quote]

Axl Rose has a certain SOMETHING !!!

cwisely

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion about the next STP album
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2010, 07:04:46 PM »
I am really excited to hear the new sound STP is gonna be bringing this year.  Hopefully they come back to Tampa for a concert!
C Wise

OnlyDying

• Co-Pilot
  • "Purple Flowers Ease The Pain..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
Going on the 23rd, better not be the 'Thank You' album on shuffle... Am very much expecting to hear atleast 4-5 new songs, if not I will be heavily dissapointed... But, O am optimistic they will bring it, I think they're bored with the old stuff live, very bored... O0
"Adhesive Love"

Lanegan7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2010, 01:20:39 AM »
They don't have to keep playing old stuff anyway, There's plenty on No.4 and Shangri that they rarely if ever play.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2010, 01:34:01 AM »
Quote from: "OnlyDying"
Going on the 23rd, better not be the 'Thank You' album on shuffle... Am very much expecting to hear atleast 4-5 new songs, if not I will be heavily dissapointed... But, O am optimistic they will bring it, I think they're bored with the old stuff live, very bored... O0

Hate to be the pesimist, but judging from recent history (SLDD, No. 4) I think we can expect at most 3 (but probably only 2) songs from the new album in the first couple of shows.
Grab the hate and drown it out...