September 20, 2024, 10:52:47 AM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46118 times)

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Updates on album?
« Reply #270 on: January 09, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.

It's classic STP.  
-Their website was always behind on info, tour dates, and everything else.  
-It took them forever to get a merchandise page going let alone other stuff.  
-They're one of the only bands that doesn't release some kind of live album, DVD, or anything else.

And the worst part of it all.... is that there are tons of unreleased songs, B-Sides, live tracks, and concert footage to make DVD's/albums and it's all sitting around in storage somewhere.  (Which is all a waste in this digital era of music where they don't have to waste money on the physical production process anymore.)
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #271 on: January 09, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.

It's classic STP.  
-They're one of the only bands that doesn't release some kind of live album, DVD, or anything else.

And the worst part of it all.... is that there are tons of unreleased songs, B-Sides, live tracks, and concert footage to make DVD's/albums and it's all sitting around in storage somewhere.  (Which is all a waste in this digital era of music where they don't have to waste money on the physical production process anymore.)
They're either the laziest bastards ever or they need a better webmaster who can tell them what they need to do to adapt to the 21st century.  Their website is without a doubt the worst band website ever.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »

Yes...and they should also jump through hoops on demand and make me  some waffles...tasty golden waffles with hot maple syrup.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 09, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"

Yes...and they should also jump through hoops on demand and make me  some waffles...tasty golden waffles with hot maple syrup.

I prefer mine with bananas and strawberries, and would like to hear them play a medley of still remains, glide, and adhesive while i eat them. Then have eric make me a cup of coffee while scott and dean do an acoustic version of kitchenware and candybars for an encore.
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »

It's classic STP.  

They're either the laziest bastards ever or they need a better webmaster who can tell them what they need to do to adapt to the 21st century.  Their website is without a doubt the worst band website ever.

Do you recall what William Shatner told the trekkies to do in a classic SNL episode from the late 80s?  Do that.

Seriously.  This is just a rock band.  There are much more important things to worry about.  This conversation is beyond old at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t7Ld7fs ... re=related
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:39:47 PM by Sledgehammers of Truth »

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
I don't want any updates except for a release date.   I like not knowing about it  because it makes it seem more mysterious.

benwalton

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »
I never go on the STP website.

It crashes my computer which also thinks it's 1965.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »
Quote from: "Slither"
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"

I prefer mine with bananas and strawberries, and would like to hear them play a medley of still remains, glide, and adhesive while i eat them. Then have eric make me a cup of coffee while scott and dean do an acoustic version of kitchenware and candybars for an encore.

Robert would be in the corner churning fresh butter for said waffles.  

I bet Eric makes a great cup of coffee.

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2010, 01:59:59 AM »
just saying as a "positive" business standpoint for them i would think that it probably would help business sales a bit if they would show people that they are still around and working , thats all, not necessarily jump thru hoops or anything

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2010, 02:05:22 AM »
just an opinion thats all, as a fan i would like to see them go double platinum and be the biggest band in the world, i want them to be bigger than soundgarden, pearl jam, alice in chains, cuz they deserve it and i know they can , but o' well :-

bigemptycreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
it kidna comes down to management. I'm not exactly sure how much direct involvement Metallica or PJ or Britney Spears have on their official web pages and how much involvement they have in terms of 'lets sell this' or 'lets make that' they are musicians and musicians are usually flaky and at least somewhat dysfunctional when it comes to just about anything other than music, so they hire managers who hook this shit up so that people buy it and the band makes money so they can, of course, make more music.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »
Quote from: "Sledgehammers of Truth"
Do you recall what William Shatner told the trekkies to do in a classic SNL episode from the late 80s?  Do that.

Seriously.  This is just a rock band.  There are much more important things to worry about.  This conversation is beyond old at this point.

I don't think people are necessarily worrying...

Last I checked, this is a STP forum where fans come to discuss and comment on STP related topics/other things.  So aside from your post, everyone pretty much had the right idea.  I guess we could talk about "more important things" in the world, but that wouldn't really belong in this thread... would it?
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2010, 11:21:05 PM »
Quote from: "Sledgehammers of Truth"

I don't think people are necessarily worrying...

Last I checked, this is a STP forum where fans come to discuss and comment on STP related topics/other things.  So aside from your post, everyone pretty much had the right idea.  I guess we could talk about "more important things" in the world, but that wouldn't really belong in this thread... would it?

I don't think he/she's talking so much about the discussion of the album, as much as the fact that there are a LOT of people who are saying "The album will never be released!" or things to that effect.

Discussing the album is ok, but the people who say they don't respect the band because they give us too little news need to chill out.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2010, 02:58:27 PM »
Thank you Blue.  That's precisely what I'm saying.  This is an STP forum so the topic will come up which it should.  But the people who act like STP owes the fans something really irritate me.  That's when you take it from being a fan to something very ugly.  There are people here who are almost frightening.  Yes we are all fans here to talk about the band.  But there's also a great deal of trashing of the band from people who supposedly love them.

It's kind of like the people who insist they love George Lucas, but trash him every chance they get for the prequels.  But I guess that's just the nature of the internet.

The bottom line is the band owes us NOTHING.  They'll update us when there's something to update.  Scott did update us very recently saying he's working on the album.  What more do you want?  I don't think you're going to get a personal, guided tour of the recording studio.  I've been a fan of this band since '92.  And I've learned to be patient over the years.  

I'm just happy they're recording another album.  I don't need them to send me updates like, "Dean just broke a string while doing a solo on track 5 titled, "        ", and Robert decided he'd rather use such and such a bass for the track.  Weiland will tweak the lyrics from ______ to ______ in verse two of ________.  It'd be cool, but why should they do that?  Don't you appreciate the mystique of the band?  They do things the way bands used to and I appreciate them for that.

Sledgehammers of Truth

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

Here's a perfect example of what I'm saying.  This guy "loves" STP and follows every little thing they do (which is great).  But saying things like this?

I understand this is the internet so when somebody types something it's hard to get the tone of what they're saying.  But I take this as trashing the band.