September 20, 2024, 01:00:07 PM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46119 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion about the next STP album
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
A guy on STP's Facebook said he talked to their guitar tech and the album is still being recorded. The instrumentals at Bombshelter, and the vocals at Lavish.

He also said next year for the album and not to expect anything new to be played on this tour.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2009, 11:52:08 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
A guy on STP's Facebook said he talked to their guitar tech and the album is still being recorded. The instrumentals at Bombshelter, and the vocals at Lavish.

He also said next year for the album and not to expect anything new to be played on this tour.

I guess they didn't record it like they planned? I know Scott said they were planing on recording everything together. Maybe now they're just to alternate takes and overdubs?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

I guess they didn't record it like they planned? I know Scott said they were planing on recording everything together. Maybe now they're just to alternate takes and overdubs?

I'm guessing since they aren't recording together, they may just be recording demos right now.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »

I'm guessing since they aren't recording together, they may just be recording demos right now.

I think they are way too far into things to be doing demos. They've been recording for the last 4 months. I think that they already recorded rough versions of the songs, and now they are doing touch ups seperately so Scott can keep managing Softdrive.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »

I think they are way too far into things to be doing demos. They've been recording for the last 4 months. I think that they already recorded rough versions of the songs, and now they are doing touch ups seperately so Scott can keep managing Softdrive.
I agree with this, as of 3-4 weeks ago the record was mainly done but Scott was probably adding backing vocals and other effects with Don Was.  I'll bet as of right now the record is finished, I don't think they would have planned this tour if it wasn't done.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »

Read this after making my previous post.  That's pretty shitty, glad I didn't buy tickets for this tour.  STP are my favorite band but they are terrible at keeping fans in the loop on things, that's why STP's die hard fanbase is 1/5 the size of Pearl Jam's.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »
Unreal!! For the past few weeks, I had this great feeling about the progress of the album due to the fact that anyone in their right mind would not delay this album by two months in order to tour. How the hell will they finish this thing when they have shows scheduled throughout the next 2 months?

That is a horrible idea and really makes it appear so, these guys are cash grabbing. They are not looking to further their careers sucessfully or else this album would be top priority. I can't believe this album is gonna be delayed because of all the Canadian shows they have scheduled in the last few weeks. They would have known that they weren't gonna have the record done at this point in time so why schedule shows!!!! Who wants to see STP play the same shows they have been for the past year! This is not a comeback but simply a reunion and this band is not growing at all. Looks like we get to live in 1994 for another few months. BOOO STP!! Way to alienate your hardcore fan base. Even further, what kind of management and philosophy is that??? The fact that they aren't even creating in the same room is also proof that this album is far from #1 priority. This could be one of those albums that drags on forever if it ever see's the light of day.

I mean seriously, what type of musician gets any joy out of playing the same exact songs night in and not out. There is hardly any variation and not one tune of their last album. It appears to be all about money and a complete buisness move. Shame on STP for being so far from the likes of the bands that have a conscience!! Nothing like ripping off your diehard fan base on another tour so you can hear Wicked Garden and Big Empty one more time. No wonder the band sounds tight, they play the same shit every show!!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2009, 04:28:16 AM »
I think we have to slow down a little...

well they're not playing new stuff but they're playing, the reasons behind are not our business. If you don't wanna pay for the same set list don't do it. You have to feel pleased and satisfied you can choose go or not, that you can "get bored" of STP shows. This tour is giving some people the chance to see them live by FIRST TIME! does anyone think those people care which songs they play?
As for the new record, waiting is not that hard, the time will come when it has to.
Music is a business, as in any business the goal is making money, release a record is not the way, tours are. Musicians have to pay bills, food and clothes too.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »
I still haven't been able to see them live. When I finally am able to, I won't give a shit if it's the same set as july. Hell, I'd piss myself just from 7CT. And no one ever said the new album was postponed. They are probably just recording overdubs and retakes of stuff they recorded last month.

Autopilot

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 06, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »
when they release the new record, they'll probably get back into the swing of things and start playing stuff from the 5th album and the new record its all going to work out, just hang in there fellow fans! good albums take time id rather the band take their time and deliver an album that we fans are expecting with some surprises then to put out a shitty radio friendly album. Rock on people!
We have Liftoff the pilots are in the air!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 04, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »
Being a big wikipedia nut I noticed that there wasn't a page dedicated to the upcoming album yet...and since there's been a decent amount of press about it, I decided to start one up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temp ... udio_album

Hopefully it lasts and some dumbass admin doesnt take it down for being "irrelevant." That happened to me with a Mighty Joe Young page I created...it had all the info I could find about the demo tape and STP's origins and I had references and everything but it was deleted after 6 months or so :(
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2009, 06:12:52 AM »
They canceled dates so we they can finish the new record.....it's still not finished.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=130645
If you only knew..

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Updates on album?
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2010, 06:36:14 AM »
I feel they should give some kinda update, promo photo, teaser samples of new music, to keep with their momentum from their last tour and excite people so noone forgets about them. Wut do you guys think?

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Updates on album?
« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »
Everyone here thinks so, lol.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Updates on album?
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2010, 08:13:42 AM »
They're the most retarded band ever when it comes to fan communication.  There's a reason nobody follows Scott's Twitter, all he does is shill his record label shit on it.  They should be doing V-logs, or at least a few updates on their website, which is the shittiest band website ever.  STP still think it's 1965.