September 20, 2024, 03:44:07 PM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46168 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Update from Doug Grean
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
If the album is coming in January then there should be a single sent to radio in November, so we are most likely only a couple months away from hearing new STP!  Also I'm sure they'll play a new song or two during next month's tour.

See i'm thinking that too but knowing STP they can release a single a day before the album comes out lol maybe we'll see behind the music and then they'll premiere something right after
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2009, 12:01:19 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
If the album is coming in January then there should be a single sent to radio in November, so we are most likely only a couple months away from hearing new STP!  Also I'm sure they'll play a new song or two during next month's tour.

See i'm thinking that too but knowing STP they can release a single a day before the album comes out lol maybe we'll see behind the music and then they'll premiere something right after
Bands never release lead singles right before the album comes out, usually you are closer to the second single at that point.  All bands release their lead single like a month and a half to two months before the album is out.  We will most likely be hearing a studio version of the single in November, December at the absolute latest.  I'm sure they'll be playing a new song or two on the new tour also.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2009, 01:18:01 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"

Bands never release lead singles right before the album comes out, usually you are closer to the second single at that point.  All bands release their lead single like a month and a half to two months before the album is out.  We will most likely be hearing a studio version of the single in November, December at the absolute latest.  I'm sure they'll be playing a new song or two on the new tour also.

I know this Brett, it was a joke.
If you only knew..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
Re: Discussion about the next STP album
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »
Read this off of Q101.com

Stone Temple Pilots' North American Tour Announced

Stone Temple Pilots will tour across North America this fall. The tour will kick off at Alabama's Bayfest in October and take the band through the Southeast, Southwest and Canada. The group is also reportedly working on a new album that they are hoping to release in early 2010. According to Blabbermouth.com, the album is being held up by a contractual dispute between singer Scott Weiland, drummer Eric Kretz, and the band's label, Atlantic Records.

I think this is old news, but I know some people were talking about a possible release at the end of the year.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
Old news, they've settled with Atlantic.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
I just wish Brendan O'Brien was producing it..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2009, 08:25:36 PM »

That's what I was thinking. Thanks.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 25, 2009, 03:13:18 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"

On Atlantic Records' website, STP is NOT listed under artists.

There's a chance they'll release it for Atlantic, but until we have an album in our hands and we can look at the record label on the back of the CD case, everything anybody says is just speculation.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #233 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:09 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"

There's a chance they'll release it for Atlantic, but until we have an album in our hands and we can look at the record label on the back of the CD case, everything anybody says is just speculation.
Atlantic sent out a press release recently promoting Scott's clothing line, that's pretty much the give away that they're still with Atlantic.  Also Scott stopped bitching to the press about them.

STP aren't listed because they haven't release any sort of album since the greatest hits album Thank You in 2003.  Once there are new album details I am sure Atlantic will put them on the site.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 25, 2009, 03:27:35 AM »

Atlantic sent out a press release recently promoting Scott's clothing line, that's pretty much the give away that they're still with Atlantic.  Also Scott stopped bitching to the press about them.

STP aren't listed because they haven't release any sort of album since the greatest hits album Thank You in 2003.  Once there are new album details I am sure Atlantic will put them on the site.

They haven't released an album for Atlantic, and they have all said multiple times that if they had to release an album for them, there wouldn't be an album.

Like I said: There's a chance they'll release it for Atlantic, but until we have an album in our hands and we can look at the record label on the back of the CD case, everything anybody says is just speculation.

There are bands that are broken up and haven't released albums in several years on Atlantic's artists page, however STP is not listed, and if you search their site, you will find nothing about them.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 25, 2009, 03:28:37 AM »

Scott LITERALLY said they were making it for Atlantic in several interviews this year.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Scott LITERALLY said they were making it for Atlantic in several interviews this year.

I'd like some links to those interviews.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2009, 04:38:38 AM »
They haven't released an album for Atlantic, and they have all said multiple times that if they had to release an album for them, there wouldn't be an album.
Scott was bluffing.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
Scott was bluffing.

See Brett now you're saying Scott's comments in the media are erroneous, but you pick his vague public comments about a new album as gospel. You're formulating a lot of opinions based on what you believe is true and untrue coming out of Scott Weiland's mouth with a microphone and camera in his face. That's a really dangerous game to play, man, and I think you need to be careful because you're setting yourself and a lot of people on here up for major disappointment. The best policy with STP is the wait and see approach. Trust me, I'm older than you and I've been a fan for much longer. A lot of these mid/late 70's, early 80's born people will tell you the same thing. The key with STP is cautious optimism and you are not being cautious.

I can't tell you how many times I set myself up for a HUGE letdown when I was younger with that same attitude. I'm not trying to put you down but you're very assertive in your posts and I think you're taking a lot of risks with some of your comments, and I doubt all of what you preach is 100% factual. Especially if you're going to run a site and build grunge report - the #1 thing as a reporter/news breaker is credibility. Ultimately if you trust too much of what is said in the media by Scott Weiland (who may or may not be high at the time he says it) you're playing with fire and you could get burned.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2009, 09:27:14 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
Scott was bluffing.

See Brett now you're saying Scott's comments in the media are erroneous, but you pick his vague public comments about a new album as gospel. You're formulating a lot of opinions based on what you believe is true and untrue coming out of Scott Weiland's mouth with a microphone and camera in his face. That's a really dangerous game to play, man, and I think you need to be careful because you're setting yourself and a lot of people on here up for major disappointment. The best policy with STP is the wait and see approach. Trust me, I'm older than you and I've been a fan for much longer. A lot of these mid/late 70's, early 80's born people will tell you the same thing. The key with STP is cautious optimism and you are not being cautious.

I can't tell you how many times I set myself up for a HUGE letdown when I was younger with that same attitude. I'm not trying to put you down but you're very assertive in your posts and I think you're taking a lot of risks with some of your comments, and I doubt all of what you preach is 100% factual. Especially if you're going to run a site and build grunge report - the #1 thing as a reporter/news breaker is credibility. Ultimately if you trust too much of what is said in the media by Scott Weiland (who may or may not be high at the time he says it) you're playing with fire and you could get burned.
I'm 100% confident that the new album will be out in January, best case scenario December.  I'm not basing it solely on Scott comments.  STP's webmaster Matt even hinted a week ago about January, Scott has talked about it being December/January countless times, also they have a bunch of tour dates which they wouldn't be doing if the album wasn't finished.  Also there are new photoshoot photos surfacing.  The album is coming.