September 19, 2024, 07:43:46 PM

Author Topic: Release date of new album  (Read 46108 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: spin.com stp new album
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2009, 11:59:50 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
It would be nice if they'd say something about the status of the album I.E. How far along they are in the recording process, maybe say something official on how far they are from picking a single.

I don't know about this september thing... I mean, best case scenario they're gonna be finished mixing and recording by mid-to-late August, but I don't know if a month is enough time for Atlantic to get a single out the door with proper marketing et al.
I know I think lead single will be out late October/very early November and then a mid December release.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2009, 12:29:17 AM »
I wish Doug produced it :/
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
That wouldn't work, Scott would then have way too much control over the album.  Don Was should be good, he's produced some great albums.  I'd love to hear STP work with Butch Vig at some point too, and I'd also like to hear them reunite with Brendan O'Brien at some point.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:15 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
That wouldn't work, Scott would then have way too much control over the album.  Don Was should be good, he's produced some great albums.  I'd love to hear STP work with Butch Vig at some point too, and I'd also like to hear them reunite with Brendan O'Brien at some point.

I agree with everything but Don Was lol like i said before i like him but idk what he can do with STP it kinda sucks it's not Brendan and i thought Doug since he at least worked with STP before. I'm sure Scott controlling the album wouldn't be the situation...also considering the fact that the Deleos are writting and sending doesn't really concern me much when it comes to the album being produced.
If you only knew..

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Where is the STP coverage?
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2009, 03:16:11 PM »
I am a little miffed at the lack of information made available to the music world when it comes to the new STP recording process. In past years there were ways to keep up with where and when STP was recording, even as recent as Shangri-La when we were given a ton of photos to siff through from the boys hanging and playing music inside the house they rented.

I am suprised we havent really seen any evidence that STP is currently writing today or since there tour has ended. Do we know for sure that they are indeed working on a new record during the month of August 2009? I am suprised there has been no updating or new information in the past few weeks from the band or any music media covering or simply updating the fan base. STP has been a little secretive in the past years but not this secretive. I hope the boys are working! It is very hard in this day and age to be working on a new album as we speak and not really see any tangible evidence of it other then a few words from Scott in a old interview. I just want some kind of proof that this album could possibly drop in '09 thats all. STP rocks!!!!

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Where is the STP coverage?
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
Scott's done a few Twitter updates mentioning working on the album.  Also a couple of interviews.  It's a shame we're not getting any official updates on STP's site though or pictures.  They are definitely in the studio though.

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the STP coverage?
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
Yes, but there hasn't been anything since they finished up the tour.

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
Re: Discussion about the next STP album
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
Quote from: "kshamrock20"
I am suprised we havent really seen any evidence that STP is currently writing today or since there tour has ended. Do we know for sure that they are indeed working on a new record during the month of August 2009?

No, there has been no mention whatsoever that they booked studio time for this month (or any upcoming month, for that matter).

I am suprised there has been no updating or new information in the past few weeks from the band or any music media covering or simply updating the fan base.

The reason is simple, there is nothing to update about.

STP has been a little secretive in the past years but not this secretive. I hope the boys are working! It is very hard in this day and age to be working on a new album as we speak and not really see any tangible evidence of it other then a few words from Scott in a old interview. I just want some kind of proof that this album could possibly drop in '09 thats all. STP rocks!!!!

The next STP album won't be released this year. Yes they have been working on new material. Yes, they are working on new material for a new album. There's currently no information on when the band intends to start/continue/finish recording sessions for the album. All I know is that there is progress and they do intend to keep working on it and they want to release an awesome album when it's done. They don't want to rush things and put an album out just for the sake of it, or for Xmas '09 sales, or for any other reason.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:38:52 PM by Rik »

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »
Well not to discredit your reply but we have only heard the band, more specifically Scott mention the album being completed in "09. He said he believes it will see a release around Christmas. The Deleo's have stated that the album "depends on Scott". Isn't stating that the album will not be released this year as a fact, jumping the proverbial gun when the only thing that we have heard from band member or members is that it could possibly be released within that time frame? If you have more information please share, their hasn't been any news released and you have stated that their "isn't any news". How is it that you have come to the conclusion that there won't be an album, when indeed the little news we have contradicts your beliefs. Just trying to locate some if any news on the current progress of the band.
   Thanks

Rik

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.belowempty.com
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2009, 11:41:47 PM »
Completing the recording process of an album and actually releasing it are two very different things. My beliefs are based upon my experiences with this band in the past 13 years. I too hope that we will see a new STP album rather sooner than later, but I don't see it happening this year. I guess time will tell. Plus, if I got a quarter for every thing Scott said in regards to plans/releases that seemed so plausible and sounded so exciting but that didn't happen in the end, I'd have a large sum in the bank by now...

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »
Quote from: "Rik"
Completing the recording process of an album and actually releasing it are two very different things. My beliefs are based upon my experiences with this band in the past 13 years. I too hope that we will see a new STP album rather sooner than later, but I don't see it happening this year. I guess time will tell. Plus, if I got a quarter for every thing Scott said in regards to plans/releases that seemed so plausible and sounded so exciting but that didn't happen in the end, I'd have a large sum in the bank by now...
This reason I'm hopeful for a Christmas release is Rob was telling fans last month that they are hoping for November/December depending on Scott.  I'm not counting on it, but there is a good possibility the album will be out this year.  If all we had was Scott's quotes I'd be a little more skeptical, but Rob and Dean talking to fans about it makes me more hopeful.  I think at the very least we'll definitely hear a new STP single in 2009.

Also STP could have studio time booked/be in the studio now and we might not even know, because they're not telling us shit about anything.  We didn't even know they had been writing/had a producer until May or June.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »
I think STP is going to surprise everybody and put up their entire album for free, next week on their website.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I think STP is going to surprise everybody and put up their entire album for free, next week on their website.
lol, will never happen, Dean likes to be "paid handsomely" for his services.

Autopilot

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2009, 03:54:36 AM »
hahaha that would be sweet but i also say no way, i like to hold a product in my hands and wont download unless i can't get it anywhere. I had an ipod for a while but i guess I'm a Cd's and records guy. I think downloading is lame in some respects, I like to hold artwork in my hands and read the liner notes and lyrics and stuff. CD's are great. I think the younger generation should stop going for the easy way out with downloading off itunes only to get the hit single and embrace their Cd's if they have them. The ipod is great and handy and its nice to have lots of choices but I guess I'm just a product of the 90's  who likes to have his STUFF in his hands haaha. Cd's aren't so bad people and at least you know the sound quality will be good if its not a product of the noise war. Just my nostalgic opinion. ;D
We have Liftoff the pilots are in the air!

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2009, 05:15:53 AM »
Quote from: "Autopilot"
hahaha that would be sweet but i also say no way, i like to hold a product in my hands and wont download unless i can't get it anywhere. I had an ipod for a while but i guess I'm a Cd's and records guy. I think downloading is lame in some respects, I like to hold artwork in my hands and read the liner notes and lyrics and stuff. CD's are great. I think the younger generation should stop going for the easy way out with downloading off itunes only to get the hit single and embrace their Cd's if they have them. The ipod is great and handy and its nice to have lots of choices but I guess I'm just a product of the 90's  who likes to have his STUFF in his hands haaha. Cd's aren't so bad people and at least you know the sound quality will be good if its not a product of the noise war. Just my nostalgic opinion. ;D

Hey man, I agree 100 %

There is no joy better than popping Purple into the CD player and listening to it while reading the booklet and the case
Grab the hate and drown it out...