September 17, 2024, 09:20:18 PM

Author Topic: Mighty Joe Young topic  (Read 19651 times)

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: MJY - Plush Demo?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
my kids still can't use wikipedia as a source for high school and middle school reports but it's good in a pinch for quick info.

i have a mjy demo that i bought about five years ago...
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

STP76

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »
i really like the vocals on "only diying", would love to have seen that one played live

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009, 02:02:24 AM »
Yeah me too!
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

STP76

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Joe Young topic
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »
Thank you so much for putting those up, i have been without them for so long since i only had it on tape, which was broken a long time ago!

jwarr5150

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Mighty Joe Young demos...
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 02:05:21 AM »
I unfortunately can't download from MegaUpload,can someon help? I can download from rapidshare. Help Please!??!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Joe Young demos...
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 02:34:32 AM »
You need to get 50 meaningful posts first. Then people will be willing to help you probably.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 04:25:43 AM »
Quote from: "jwarr5150"
I unfortunately can't download from MegaUpload

Why not?
Grab the hate and drown it out...

jwarr5150

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 01:22:42 AM »
To the 2 people who responded to my MJY demos request-
1)I understand what you are saying,but I shouldn't have to post 50 times when it's available for free,as long as you can download off MegaUpload.
2)It's something to do with my computer security setup,need someone to look at my settings. I can't figure it out.BUT,I can use RapidShare.
Was just hoping someone could help out.

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »
isnt it right in the downloads section? i havent done 50 meaningful posts and i think i got it from this site. check there i guess, unless they moved it to the restricted section...

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: MJY Demos
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
Quote from: "army of ants"
hi folks

i am having an argument with a bloke and we are trying to find out if stp is a copycat of other bands,like soundgarden,pearl jam etc

dean deleo said and i cant find it that the song meatplow is from his early teens ,long before stp got together,soundgarden started out in 84, i was kind of hopeing i can beat him in this by saying its earlier then 84
any ideas

no way, i dont really see any similarities to soundgarden besides the heaviness on their first album, which isnt exactly a trademark of one band. i realize that one part of "plush" sounds a lot like "even flow" by pearl jam, but people who think scott copies eddie vedder have obviously only heard that one part of their one song. the only band who i can say they probably copied was alice in chains, scotts voice and their general vibe on core sounds A LOT like aic's facelift. i think they were more influenced by aic than ripoffs of them though. i dont know why they got shot down as copycats, just because they didnt come from seattle. they were around way before pearl jam anyway.

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »
Now that we're getting new STP soon, I'm definitely listening to more STP and of course more MJY as well. Can't wait to find out if the new Fast As I Can will sound like the MJY version! They definitely had some potential to be a funk band. I know one of their influences was James Brown. The beginning of Dirty Dog sounds like the short jingle to Seinfeld. lol I love that mysterious sound in the beginning of Spanish Flies. Anywho, always a HUGE fan of all the MJY demos!  ;D

O0

John

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
Wow.  It's been a while since I've posted.  Who missed me?

I was thinking about taking another stab at remastering (it's been a few years since I did the original remasters and I have some new tricks) a few tunes off the original tape that Rik got.  I was looking around my drive today and I still have the originals.  

I suppose I'm asking for suggestions.  Only Dying is a given because it melts faces.  

Perhaps I can take a stab at a few if I have the time.  I'm guaranteeing nothing here, just to be clear. :)  Also, the original tape was not the greatest, so don't expect any incredible miracles.  I might be able to make them sparkle a little more than the last time.

I'm also not guaranteeing that we may or may not have another surprise up our sleeves.

powernoize

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
I was under the impression it wasn't the same Fast As I Can , as the MJY demo. But, if it is the same it will sound interesting.

disasterami

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »
Quote from: "powernoize"
I was under the impression it wasn't the same Fast As I Can , as the MJY demo. But, if it is the same it will sound interesting.

Just waitin to listen to Fast As I Can to see if theyve changed it :) The bit in Spanish Flies had two lines (She said she'll be my woman, she said she'll be my man) that became Lounge Fly in Purple eventually.

I'm just thinking wat if they completely change Fast As I Can too! ;) But since theyre stickin by the name maybe itll just have minor changes :)

zackrandal

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »
Quote from: "John"
Wow.  It's been a while since I've posted.  Who missed me?

I was thinking about taking another stab at remastering (it's been a few years since I did the original remasters and I have some new tricks) a few tunes off the original tape that Rik got.  I was looking around my drive today and I still have the originals.  

I suppose I'm asking for suggestions.  Only Dying is a given because it melts faces.  

Perhaps I can take a stab at a few if I have the time.  I'm guaranteeing nothing here, just to be clear. :)  Also, the original tape was not the greatest, so don't expect any incredible miracles.  I might be able to make them sparkle a little more than the last time.

I'm also not guaranteeing that we may or may not have another surprise up our sleeves.

cool! my suggestions would be "fast as i can", "spanish flies", and "where the river goes". i still like parts of the "where the river goes" demo better than the one on core and it might sound good remastered.