October 02, 2024, 05:21:38 PM

Author Topic: Dr. Drew on Scott.....  (Read 11069 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Drew on Scott.....
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »
Scott was the healthiest during VR just all those interviews they had was shocking too see how well he was doing but his ego was just getting bigger and bigger all the axl attacks and bullshit i just pretty much knew that the bigger his ego gets the harder he will fall and he did once his brother passed, you know once you finally detox you shouldn't have sex or drink AT ALL but addiction creates delusion and denial, i have said it many freaking times Scott isn't just drinking the american music awards appearance didnt help him either he just wouldnt go on some show drunk for the hell of it he knows he has kids and a career his problems are much more deeper than alcohol, and when it comes to celeb rehab the only reason why he wouldnt go on that isnt just cuz of the fact that he is private but the fact that it would be a bad career move. i respect all the people on that show for doing it,and  not because of the awareness cause. he just really needs to stay off the road for a while.
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 01:20:33 AM »
What's his ego have to do with anything?  Most likely after this solo tour he won't need to play live again until October/November 2009 at the soonest, which is when the promotion of the new STP album could start happening.  I think the next STP tour shouldn't be 7 months long like this one, I think a 3 month Spring 2010 tour promoting the new STP album would be best for Scott.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
cuz big ego's dont play a very good part in drug addiction i used to see that crap all the time from working  at a rehab facility lol , Scott probably shouldn't worry about when the STP album's gonna be recorded he just needs to take a break and clear his freaking head 2010 springs does sound very good but with him you never know and sadly to say who knows what his condition will be in 2010 :-
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 02:31:29 AM »
He'll be fine if he was dying he'd look like Layne Staley did during AIC's 1996 shows and he wouldn't be capable of touring anymore at this point if he really was on life threatening junk.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:34:10 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
He'll be fine if he was dying he'd look like Layne Staley did during AIC's 1996 shows and he wouldn't be capable of touring anymore at this point if he really was on life threatening junk.

Scott's always been a functioning junkie though.

Just look at the youtube videos of him completely messed up and unable to string a sentence together during his between-song interludes, and then when the song starts he hits every word perfectly.

Musicians are good with that. Even when Dave Mustaine was a heroin addict, he was still playing fucking thrash metal.

DELEO

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 07:45:23 AM »
Dude if Scott does this show that would officially make him a "has-been"
I hope Scotts smarter than doing this show......Its a cool show but not for people who still have careers.

-Chase

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 03:24:53 AM »
Again. Scott HAS been to see Dr. Drew before. So Dr. Drew does actually know him a bit & how he is. His concern for people & addicts is genuine.

I grew up listening to Love Lines on KROQ.Dr. Drew has been in my head & my life for like over 20 years. Hes not just trying to get ratings, but yes, the bigger the star, the bigger the ratings. He really wants people to beat their addictions. And it takes a very special person to be in that line of work for SOOOOOOOO LONG & to still ahve the same passion & concern for people to do well & get well.

All that said. I dont want to see Scott on that show. Though its a fav show of mine, I dont really want him to be in it. I would watch it, I watch it anyways.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29:04 PM »
Ick, I'm feeling all weird about him mentioned to be on that show.  Makes me nauseous thinking about it.  It would not be a good move for him for sure.  He has been a patient of Dr. Drews and actually I believe they both were on the Oprah show years ago...I have it somewhere..
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »
Quote from: "Album 2 Track 5"
Ick, I'm feeling all weird about him mentioned to be on that show.  Makes me nauseous thinking about it.  It would not be a good move for him for sure.  He has been a patient of Dr. Drews and actually I believe they both were on the Oprah show years ago...I have it somewhere..
I dont know about Oprah, but they were definitely on Politically Incorrect w/ Bill Mahr several years back.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I dont know about Oprah, but they were definitely on Politically Incorrect w/ Bill Mahr several years back.
I remember Scott being on PI (twice actually) but neither was with Dr. Drew....I don't think...
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z1ed_25lqs

here is the 1 at the playboy mansion
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Scott was the healthiest during VR just all those interviews they had was shocking too see how well he was doing but his ego was just getting bigger and bigger all the axl attacks and bullshit i just pretty much knew that the bigger his ego gets the harder he will fall and he did once his brother passed, you know once you finally detox you shouldn't have sex or drink AT ALL but addiction creates delusion and denial, i have said it many freaking times Scott isn't just drinking the american music awards appearance didnt help him either he just wouldnt go on some show drunk for the hell of it he knows he has kids and a career his problems are much more deeper than alcohol, and when it comes to celeb rehab the only reason why he wouldnt go on that isnt just cuz of the fact that he is private but the fact that it would be a bad career move. i respect all the people on that show for doing it,and  not because of the awareness cause. he just really needs to stay off the road for a while.
Actually not to mention any exact times or anything but they were all using especially Scott by the end of 2005. If you watch the Japan DVD damn was he high on either morph or oxy's. Take it from experience.   The habit he was talking about kicking was injection not getting high on a synthetic variation.
 I'm not going into detail but it wasn't heroin because needles and tar are a thing of the past but there's just as strong opiates that are legal.
 You are right Since VR he hasn't put a needle in his arm and I'll leave it at that. Some fellow users in this forum know what I'm talkin about.  
 Actually around half way through the STP tour and finding a new love ,etc. The night he first didn't take his shirt off was a sign of being healthy because of the mini belly. You hit opiates hard for one week and that belly is down to the stomach muscles. It's a rock think especially for people that like to get half naked on stage.
 The best picture of Scott believe it or not is the one when he's leaving the dressing room with a beer and a smoke in his hand. I know it sounds stupid but when your using opiates you fuckin hate alcohol. Beer especially.
 It was good to see and I'm very proud of ya Scotty.
 Hawk.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
Quote from: "Aaron"
I remember Scott being on PI (twice actually) but neither was with Dr. Drew....I don't think...

He was on PI with Dr Drew.  I'm positive.  Scott wore a black turtleneck and a blue scarf.  Dr. Drew even spoke of seeing Scott when he was in the "throes of his addiction".  I'll see if I can dig up a link.

EDIT:
http://dailybruin.ucla.edu/archives/id/3070/ (scroll halfway down)
Transcript of show:
http://www.schaler.net/addictionisachoi ... script.htm

EDIT #2: How the hell did I find that?  lol.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 11:39:28 PM »
HAHAHHA, I dont know dude... HOW THE HELL DID YOU FIND THAT???  ???

Awesome though!

CORI!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!! I NEVR saw that show & I couldnt seem to find it!! YOU BOTH MY HEROS today. Ineeded a great pick me up with the shitty day I have been having, THANK YOU!!!
 :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

hockeyman2295

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »
i think media and everyone including fans like us should give the man a little privacy over his life..I once saw him in a detroit bar after his VR show at the fillmore and he wouldnt talk to all the idiots going up to him...he looked really depressed