October 02, 2024, 05:27:53 PM

Author Topic: Dr. Drew on Scott.....  (Read 11070 times)

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Dr. Drew on Scott.....
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
Dr. Drew as on KROQ LA yesterday promoting Celebrity Rehab and he mentioned how he's trying to get Scott to do next seasons' Celebrity Rehab.  How awesome would that be......

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Drew on Scott.....
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41:05 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Pepper"
Dr. Drew as on KROQ LA yesterday promoting Celebrity Rehab and he mentioned how he's trying to get Scott to do next seasons' Celebrity Rehab.  How awesome would that be......
I have mixed feelings about that.  

It would be interesting to see what problems he still has (if any) and to gain more insight in to the guy.  Supposedly he is off drugs, and is only drinking.  I hope that is the truth.  

However, I would be afraid if Scott accepted they would exploit or make a bad-guy out of Scott.  Scott and Dr. Drew had a good relationship at one point though, so who knows.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
I agree with Aaron - only my feelings aren't mixed.

I think Dr. Drew is a hack.  I think he's out to exploit people with serious issues and is willing to sell anyone he can get his hands on.  And I think Scott in front of a camera on a reality show like that... not. a. good. idea.

I'd rather wait to hear about Scott's "deamons" from the man himself, in the alleged autobiography we're supposed to be getting sometime this spring.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:20:45 PM »
I don't really like the idea of Scott on that show. I don't think it's a bad show or anything but I just don't think Scott would "fit" if that makes any sense...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »
He is too private of a person to ever do that, but if he did, I bet Happy would sell a few more copies
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »
People have joked about that to me in the past. I dont want to see him on that show. Although I watch it. I have said I dont want to see Scott in that way. He doesn't need to be on that show, hes already been a patient of Dr. Drew's and all the stuff that they show on the episodes of what they go through, I doubt Scott would be down with doing that show.

I would watch, I watch anyway, but he doesn't need to be on that show. Seems to be people who are not such a big name in the buisness who are on it. Not knocking anyone on it, but hes just too private of a guy, and too big of a persona to be involved in a t.v. show.

He can do his theraphy in private. I feel people would tear him apart, but maybe in the end people would come away with changed minds.. but still, I dont think he'd do it. And there's already too many jokes about him out there.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »
No way it happens.  He's too private and also he'll be way too busy recording and then touring with STP for the next year and a half.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Eighth Caged Tiger

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »
I've always felt the show was done tastefully, and as someone who has been an inpatient in a psych facility (though not for addiction, thankfully) I think it shines a light on something that needs exposure.  I don't see Scott going on the show, namely because nobody who goes on that show is still a relevant celeb, and I think the fact that he is still successful kind of disqualifies him.   I DO think it would be a good experience for him.  Someone like Drew needs to call him on the fact that he needs to drop the alcohol - addictive personalities aren't picky, and if he doesn't already have an alcohol problem, he's going to.  It's been bittersweet to see him finally beat heroin but still be hanging onto booze.  

I wish you guys could have seen him Tuesday night in KC - he was stone sober, and so alive and happy.  I compare that to the clips I've seen of him obviously drunk during shows on YouTube, and it's night and day.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
if scott wanted to go to celebrity rehab he would care less about finishing an stp album and instead he'd go get healthy, but doctor drew has talked about offering scott to go to the show since the 1st season and Scott just doesnt want to, Dr. Drew said they have had really serious talks before and he also said something about Scott dissing him and how Dr. Drew uses people... idk
If you only knew..

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 12:39:43 AM »
NO...............that's the only thing I can say. The day he shows up on that shit is the day he loses his integrity and self dignity. I don't Scott is in such terrible need of money and/or exposure. I'd like to think he's better than that kind of crap. There's better ways of spreading awareness.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 06:12:07 AM »
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
NO...............that's the only thing I can say. The day he shows up on that shit is the day he loses his integrity and self dignity. I don't Scott is in such terrible need of money and/or exposure. I'd like to think he's better than that kind of crap. There's better ways of spreading awareness.

100% agree.
Back for another one

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 03:49:09 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
He is too private of a person to ever do that

I agree.

Though his legal troubles were public, I can't see Scott making his private troubles public.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

artsyblacksmith

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »
Scott would never do that show. I think the people on that show are....well.............no comment.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
He HAS been a patient of Dr. Drew's from what I was told last yar. How many times?? I don't know.

He can see DD without the cameras.

Six7Six7

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »
Quote from: "Slim Jim"
The day he shows up on that shit is the day he loses his integrity and self dignity.

You'd think one would lose those things after the 8th time they were busted for posession, or the 4th time they spent time in jail, away from their wife and children no less.

Ahhhh, the rockstar ego. So above the need for help.

Just look at Steven Adler. That's Weiland in 10 years if he doesn't get his shit together.

And if that's not scary enough, just look at Staley. That's Scott's possible future as well.

i say put Scott on the damn show and embarrass the hell out of him in front of the world. Knock that ego down 10-20 notches and then maybe he'd stop pulling the "well i still drink because i'm not perfect" bullshit. His drinking is nothing more than ridiculous addict logic. Addicts always find a way to rationalize how getting fucked up in a different way has nothing to do with their addiction to something else. Example: Gary Busey claims to be a coke addict, but still smokes pot. Logic there? NONE. "i can't get fucked up on one thing because i'm an addict, so i will get fucked up on something that i 'don't have a problem with'"......right. doesn't work like that. If you're still getting fucked up, you still have a problem.

Scott needs help.

Rehab as well as psychological.