September 27, 2024, 09:17:57 PM

Author Topic: New STP "Best of" Album?  (Read 13564 times)

JohnnyWuFei

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
New STP "Best of" Album?
« on: November 14, 2008, 01:33:02 AM »
In the Best Buy "Black Friday" ad, they have a STP ablum called "Buy This." Its lumped with the other "best of" albums. Has anyone else heard of this?

Link to the ad http://http://bfads.net/Adscans

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
Re: New STP "Best of" Album?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 01:56:20 AM »
Crazy whack funky...

Good eyes dude!  I had to open like 20 jpegs to fing the damn thing...and no, I haven't heard anything about this "Buy This" album.

It looks like its got a date on it...June something, maybe a live show???
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127989536
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:01 AM »
It looks pretty legit, but it says on the website:

"Please note that the posting of these scanned advertisements in no way confirms the advertisement is official. We have seen faked scanned advertisements before, so unless explicitly stated, the advertisements below are to be regarded as nothing more than a rumor."

Plus STP usually gives us cool album names and backgrounds. That looks and sounds lame. I also think the album would be announced before it hit a best buy product magazine.

I do hope to god that it is real though, how cool would that be if its a new, real, legit album!
Sin makes me strong.

steven28174

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »
I'm sure there is something to it.  Scott and Eric would love to release something to maybe fulfill that contract obligation and wasn't there some word about a Christmas song?  It's real but I'm sure it's not what I think.  I mean look in the same add.  There is an add for a Weezer album called six hits or something.

-Steven

Cotton

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:24:24 AM »
Also it costs only 6 bucks? Weird.
Sebastián

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:20 AM »
We all need to NOT BUY IT so Atlantic think that STP is worthless and can't sell records!

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:13 AM »
http://i36.tinypic.com/bf0qch.jpg
Maybe this is where the Christmas song will be released?  That and 5 of the hits maybe.  Good sign though, maybe it's to help fulfill the contract.  The name is pretty funny though, "Buy This."

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 05:53:31 AM »
It says June on it somewhere, we need a blown up version of the cover so we can see the writing on it.  Maybe it's a live disc?

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »
There at least 4 other cds there that have only 6 songs on them, so that is probably what it is, a mini-greatest hits.

But it would be nice if the rumored Christmas song were on there.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
I don't know where anyone read "June" - I was unable to decipher any of the writing on the front of the "album" in that ad.  Strange indeed.  I smell on this one.

I'm fairly certain we would have heard something about a "new" album, even if it's another "greatest hits" (doubtful), etc.  Scotty has... how should we say this... a HUGE MOUTH and blabs just about everything.  Case in point - we've been hearing about his "new solo album" for the past FIVE YEARS.  lol.

On top of that, does no one else think that the Weezer "Weezer Six Hits" album looks a little... odd?  I certainly don't follow Weezer to know if they have something coming out or not (do they even HAVE six hits? lol ) - but something about that just doesn't look right to me.  It looks like it was done in MS Paint.

Those all seem to be "Greatest Hits" albums -- STP has  no reason to release another greatest hits disc.  Absolutely everything was covered on Thank You - there isn't any possible material to even put on another greatest hits record.  I find it even more highly doubtful that this is a "lost recordings" album containing unreleased tracks, the alleged Christmas song, or live material.  Plus, if it was a live cd, don't you think it would contain more than six tracks?  And come with a DVD?  The band has always been so very proud of their live performance - as they should be.

Just my $0.02.  What do I know?   :)

Edit:  Here's the album cover in question, cropped out of the original ad posted.  Don't know if anyone else had trouble, but that link took ages to load for me.  Thought this might help if anyone else was having the same issue.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
"Weezer Six Hits" album looks a little... odd?  I certainly don't follow Weezer to know if they have something coming out or not (do they even HAVE six hits? lol ) - but something about that just doesn't look right to me.  It looks like it was done in MS Paint.
[/img]

http://www.lala.com/#album/72339069015691332
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »
Thanks Jim!  I couldn't get that link to work in IE, but it opened fine in FF.  Hmm.  I'll be damned if that doesn't look legit.  I still think the cover looks fishy, though.

"Buy Me" just doesn't look right, either.  There's writing and random fleurons - and the lettering under the large fleuron doesn't even look like it wraps around the logo properly.  If it IS legit, it's VERY poorly done - and this is coming from someone without any type of design or artistic ability!   :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 09:33:41 PM »
Thanks Jim!  I couldn't get that link to work in IE, but it opened fine in FF.  Hmm.  I'll be damned if that doesn't look legit.  I still think the cover looks fishy, though.

"Buy Me" just doesn't look right, either.  There's writing and random fleurons - and the lettering under the large fleuron doesn't even look like it wraps around the logo properly.  If it IS legit, it's VERY poorly done - and this is coming from someone without any type of design or artistic ability!   :D

That's also the only link where I could find another reference to Weezer's "Six Hits".  I don't know, this is all very weird...
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »

It is possible that is all temporary art.

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
I really hope that it turns out to be 5 live tracks from the reunion tour and the new "Christmas" track that has been rumored.