September 12, 2024, 03:46:18 AM

Author Topic: Setlist Discussions  (Read 86934 times)

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Pick-a-set/Setlist discussions
« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2009, 05:20:48 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"
How about these apples?

1.   Dead And Bloated
2.   *New Song*
3.   Vasoline
4.   Wicked Garden
5.   *New Song*
6.   Hollywood Bitch
7.   *New Song*
8.   Sour Girl
9.   Lady Picture Show
10.   Days of the Week (electric)
11.   Glide
12.   Creep
13.   *New Song*
14.   Plush
15.   Lounge Fly
16.   Interstate Love Song
17.   *New Song*
18.   *New Song*
19.   Seven Caged Tigers
20.   Army Ants
21.   Down
22.   *New Song*

23.   Only Dying
24.   Sex Type Thing
25.   Trippin
26.   *New Song*

A little unweildy, but it's 26 songs just like when they first did a show for Tiny Music. Plenty of new song, deep cuts AND singles to keep everyone happy. On the downside side they'd obviously only do this set ONCE and probably take a week or two off after it. But in a perfect world they'd record it and for once they'd actually release it one DVD!

Glide live = Awesome

If we're lucky, maybe the re-recorded version of Only Dying will be included on the new album.

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2009, 04:23:17 AM »
I would only want them to play 1 or 2 new songs on the tour. Like in the Core Tour when they played Lounge Fly. I'd rather hear the new songs on the record rather than them being played live before the album drops.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 23, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
Quote from: "STP92"
I would only want them to play 1 or 2 new songs on the tour. Like in the Core Tour when they played Lounge Fly. I'd rather hear the new songs on the record rather than them being played live before the album drops.

Actually this setlist is for after the album drops.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love their old stuff I'd find it really annoying if they did a SLDD on it and played only a few songs off of the album regularly.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 23, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "STP92"

Actually this setlist is for after the album drops.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love their old stuff I'd find it really annoying if they did a SLDD on it and played only a few songs off of the album regularly.

Oh, I see now. Now it's a perfect set list!  ;D

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2009, 04:53:54 AM »
Fox Theatre, Oakland, CA 20 October 2009
October 20th, 2009    Oakland, CA
Still Remains
Big Empty
And So I Know
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Art School Girl
Adhesive
Ride the Cliche
Seven Chaged Tigers
Pruno
No Way Out
Glide
I Got You
Coma
Black Again
Hello It's Late
Too Cool Queenie
Regeneration
Bi-Polar Bear
Transmissions From A Lonely Room
Long Way Home

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
No excuses stp fans
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »
No excuses man...

Is ridiculous see the band play AGAIN and AGAIN the same set-list night after night. I dont care if they dont play any new song, ok, i understand this. Maybe they want to wait spring/summer...anyway

But they have recorded 5 albums and more or less 70 songs.........what serious band play the same thing over and over again? i am shamed say that my favorite band is stp...

this seems st money p!!!!

i think that they forgotten like to play other songs....
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: No excuses stp fans
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »
Last year, everybody heard that the DeLeos knew more songs than they would be able to play, but it was somebody else in the band that wasn't showing up for rehearsals.

I think there's at least one member who's heart isn't completely in the band.
Bleeda blooda

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Last year, everybody heard that the DeLeos knew more songs than they would be able to play, but it was somebody else in the band that wasn't showing up for rehearsals.

I think there's at least one member who's heart isn't completely in the band.

thank u andrew and as much as this may piss anyone else off Scott did retired his hard rock career with VR
If you only knew..

kazuality

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
I only say that when playing alone scott also repeats the set-list AGAIN and AGAIN ...

an artist always wants to risk .. no money
Look I just want to go out sometime you know.  Like normal people, spend time together and enjoy each other's company. Like best friends.  Like lovers that care.  Who actually respect the relationship you know?"

robschmidt

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Since We've Been Talking About Set Lists......
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
Hey guys- with all the disapproval/approval of the stagnant set list for this new tour I was wondering what everyone thought would be their ideal, but REALISTIC set list. STP plays and 18-song set, but what would be your "perfect" set list? The only catch here is that you have to be realistic- for example, you can't leave out songs like Plush, ILS or Vasoline or any of the other big hits. Basically I'm asking what songs you wanted to be switched in this new tour.... 18 is REALLY HARD, so lets keep it between 18-20 songs

Here's mine:

Big Empty
Wicked Garden
BBB                   ------------------- I loved this trio on the 2008 tour
Naked Sunday
Army Ants
Vasoline
Still Remains
Art School Girl
Sour Girl
Crackerman
Plush
ILS
Unglued
Too Cool Queenie
Seven Caged Tigers
No Way Out
Sex Type Thing
------------------
Down
Adhesive
Trippin'
--Rob--

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »
Welcome to an argument that's well over 10 years old.

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Welcome to an argument that's well over 10 years old.

QFE
Back for another one

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
Quote from: "kazuality"
I only say that when playing alone scott also repeats the set-list AGAIN and AGAIN ...
Not really...
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

shapy

• nice to know me
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »
eh...i know this a touchy subject, and pretty much at the forefront of all STP topics (sans the new album) but i mean are we being a bit too critical and selfish? don't get me wrong, i'd love seeing a new set every show, every other show, or every few shows, but the fact is, nearly 7 years ago did anyone really believe they'd be together? touring? making a new album?

for those who say STP is their favorite band of all time- just take solace in knowing that your favorite band is still alive and touring for your enjoyment. i saw STP 7 times before the break in '02. i was truly saddened when i realized my favorite band was no more. had you asked me back then if the only way i could see STP ever again live in concert was if they played the same 10 or 12 songs all the time -- i'd say fuck yea!

i really really love this band. their music encapsulates my life growing up all the way to present day. there's nothing more rewarding, thrilling, exciting to me than a live concert from STP.

going back to what i said about seeing them 7 times before '02 - there were 2 songs (among many more) that i always wished i could've seen/heard live. those songs are silvergun superman and army ants. STP hadn't played those songs since the mid-to-late 90's. granted, i got to see some rarities from them such as the only performance of long way home @ rolling rock and i got you @ the norva in NJ.

flash forward to early 2008 and we, STP diehard fans, find out the band is back together and touring. the greatest news in the world! i saw them 3 times in '08. And all 3 shows i saw, i expected that i'd finally get to experience silvergun superman for the first time, as i had read they were playing that song at some shows. but alas, i didn't. at all 3 shows i attended, they didn't play it. but you know what? it's cool i said. i still saw my favorite band 3 times and i never thought that would happen again anyway.

i tried to catch them this past summer but that's a long long story and i didn't see them. i've been kicking myself in the ass since early july cause i missed the 2 songs i dreamed of seeing STP perform live. Dammit! well, thankfully, my favorite band is indeed touring again, and it seems to me that it's pretty much the same setlist from this summer. GREAT! no problem with that at all, if you ask me. i'm gonna see them this Friday in VA and Saturday in PA. I'm hoping they play SS and AA at least at one of the shows. As for the other songs that they always seem to play- well big deal. it's STP and they're my favorite band and i'll rock out to anything they play.

sorry if this seems like a rant or criticism of any of your own thoughts/ideas about the band right now, but my point really is just it seems some of us have to have cake and eat it too. the reviews that are coming in - since the tour in the summer - have been great! i realize some of us don't want to, or financially can't attend every STP show and don't wanna spend the money on something you've already seen. well i have no problem spending 50 to 60 bucks to see my favorite band cause one day i know i won't be able to.

i'm all in favor of mixing the setlist up and hearing rare/unheard songs. but if that's not the case, then i'm not going to complain. the only thing i feel STP fans should complain about is the lack of STP... and i don't think there's any room for that right now. so with that said, just stop bitching about the setlists -- for now.
have fun, have fun, have a whole lot of fun!

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2009, 06:42:25 PM »
i fully agree-my headache is that if a song becomes popular they squeeze everything out of it-sex type thing is one song that should be played less.
they never seem to put out live albums or dvds-its limited for what a fan get hold on,
i remember back in 2001 when atlantic records web side and the dean explained every album to their fans on a web cam and deleos mentioned before nr4 camer out they had 40 unreleased songs in the vault..............................you do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
it is a shame they dont put out more albums,its a shame