September 12, 2024, 03:49:41 AM

Author Topic: Setlist Discussions  (Read 86935 times)

zjt228

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Your Dream Stone Temple Pilots Setlist
« Reply #570 on: July 14, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »
1. Unglued
2. Wicked Garden
3. Between the Lines
4. Dead & Bloated
5. Huckleberry Crumble
6. Interstate Love Song
7. Still Remains
8. Big Empty
9. Transmissions from a Lonely Room
10. Adhesive
11. Seven Caged Tigers
12. Take a Load Off
13. Vasoline
14. Dumb Love
15. Down
16. Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
---------------------------------
17. Crackerman
18. Plush
19. Sex Type Thing
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:12:35 AM by zjt228 »
6/4/08 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore (Red Wings win the Cup); 7/7/09 - Lansing, MI - Common Ground Festival; 8/19/10 - Grand Rapids, MI - Deltaplex; 8/26/10 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre; 4/20/11 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore; 8/18/12 - Pontiac, MI - Silverdome

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 14, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »
I don't have a dream setlist. Dream setlists are usually absurd, irrational and basically make no sense at all.
I do however have a list of songs I want to hear live in person to make my life complete:

Piece Of Pie
Sin
Army Ants
Lady Picture Show
And So I Know
Atlanta
Hello, It's Late
Wonderful
Bi-Polar Bear
Huckleberry Crumble
Bagman
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Setlist Discussions
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2011, 12:24:57 AM »
I forgot one last one: Bi-Polar Bear

How long have they been playing this one live?
This is good.
Since this tour leg has started, two or three shows ago
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

bonebroke

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2011, 04:33:54 AM »
Nice. Thanks!
That's awesome. I checked setlist fm on whim and saw Bi Polar stuck in the middle. Did a You tube check to confirm.
Dean sounds great and I appreciate Scott willing to let it out.

mrmojorisin

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 18, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »
my would be an additional 30 min to the show and some acoustics added as well
Too much walkin shoes worn thin  Too trippin and my souls worn thin

sharky

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2011, 04:14:53 AM »
Nice setlists guys...

But as far as I'm concerned, if they would play as many songs that yall have written down in those lists I would be happy, regardless of which songs.

aclock114

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 19, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
Here's the link to Bi-Polar Bear being played in Reno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5myokjwg1M

stpfan31

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 19, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
Here's the link to Bi-Polar Bear being played in Reno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5myokjwg1M

much better performance this night! thanks alot!

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 20, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »

much better performance this night! thanks alot!
Seems like he was trying to break out and sing it more like the record at the end. Almost like he was testing himself? Or does he sing it this way at every show, where he changes it at the end?
adhesive love

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 18, 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
In the last year, I have seen STP four times(Pittsburgh, Indiana PA, Eastlake OH, and then Pittsburgh again). The Pittsburgh shows were at two different venues and almost exactly a year apart.

Pittsburgh August 2010- 19 songs
Pittsburgh August 2011-  15 songs

2010- Cinnamon, Dancing Days, Pretty Penny, Huckleberry Crumble, Dead & Bloated- these songs were all played at this show but not at the 2011 show

2011- Big Bang Baby was added (Bi Polar Bear was not played at this show however)

The rest of the songs that were played at both shows were played in the exact same order in the set list.

So, a year later, we lost five songs and added one.  << This equals a net loss of four songs. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at all four shows(and the guys have been sounding great) but speaking just to the Pittsburgh shows, I can see where some fans look at these set lists and are a bit disappointed. When you are doing touring cycles that include the same market loop within a year, mixing it up to keep things fresh is a good thing. Cutting four tunes off the set list(including two new album songs off the album that you are supporting) is somewhat odd. In today's environment with the economy(and ticket prices) and competition for your entertainment dollar,the band needs to start paying some attention to some of these setlist/market issues IMO.

CritterTypeThing

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 22, 2011, 06:00:23 AM »
I've said it elsewhere.  I don't know why they pulled out the acoustic set of the shows.  If these are all because of "stamina" then the acoustic set is a nice breather to slow the pace do some gentler songs and then bust out another plugged in set. 
I mean they do rock it straight through the set each time I've seen them lately, so i can't complain about the value of the show, but yeah when you see that Paul McCartney & Bruce Springsteen are out on tour doing nearly 3+ hours a show you just kind of scratch your head a bit (I know it's a different pace of a show, but still, they find a way).

I dunno.  I have more to say re: the lack of depth in song selection than I do about the length of the show, but I suppose they sort of go hand in hand.
Hold me closer.....closer.....let me go!

My STP Concertology:  6/22/01, 10/26/01, 4/21/02, 4/23/02, 5/18/08, 5/26/08, 5/31/08, 8/6/08, 8/8/08, 8/10/08, 7/17/09, 5/18/10, 9/3/10, 9/4/10, 7/25/11, 7/26/11, 9/10/11, 9/1/12, 5/6/18

RailBrews

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:04 PM »
I've said it elsewhere.  I don't know why they pulled out the acoustic set of the shows.  If these are all because of "stamina" then the acoustic set is a nice breather to slow the pace do some gentler songs and then bust out another plugged in set. 
I mean they do rock it straight through the set each time I've seen them lately, so i can't complain about the value of the show, but yeah when you see that Paul McCartney & Bruce Springsteen are out on tour doing nearly 3+ hours a show you just kind of scratch your head a bit (I know it's a different pace of a show, but still, they find a way).

I dunno.  I have more to say re: the lack of depth in song selection than I do about the length of the show, but I suppose they sort of go hand in hand.

It would be good to see an acoustic set. Saw an acoustic set in 1996 and 2001 and both times, the set sounded  very good and was a very memorable part of the show. They could probably push their show to a one hour and 45 minute show (at least) by doing this with out taxing the band much. 

live2cd

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.
« Reply #582 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:48 PM »
"So, a year later, we lost five songs and added one.  << This equals a net loss of four songs. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast at all four shows(and the guys have been sounding great) but speaking just to the Pittsburgh shows, I can see where some fans look at these set lists and are a bit disappointed. When you are doing touring cycles that include the same market loop within a year, mixing it up to keep things fresh is a good thing. Cutting four tunes off the set list(including two new album songs off the album that you are supporting) is somewhat odd. In today's environment with the economy(and ticket prices) and competition for your entertainment dollar,the band needs to start paying some attention to some of these setlist/market issues IMO. "

Hence why I have skipped 3 possible shows I could have attended this year (Detroit, Eastlake and the upcoming Cincy). I refuse to pay for the same thing I already saw last year minus 4 songs, and IM a hardcore fan. They even dropped the only interesting song, "BPB"... lol.
-Dewey

Unglued812

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Jim Morrison is my God
    • View Profile
    • www.ungluedremains.blogspot.com
« Reply #583 on: August 23, 2011, 02:58:58 AM »
@live2cd

Big bang baby its a song that i still consider interesting among the others in the setlist.
Seems like you left me when you broke down

jerry0503222

• Arrival
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh setlists upcoming?
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:56 AM »
Its a logic thought, i guess you are right. I mean, i HOPE you are right! i would love to hear some Tiny music and SLDD live :(