September 19, 2024, 08:49:08 AM

Author Topic: Atlantic Records  (Read 9062 times)

army of ants

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
what record company are they with now
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »
i went on atlantic records web site but no stp is listed as one of their band???????

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: what record company are they with now
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
I think technically they're still on Atlantic, but are still dealing with the lawsuit trying to get out of it.

Some people have said the band has said they're going to release it on Atlantic, but in all of the interviews I've read they've said "if the album has to be released on Atlantic, there isn't going to be an album."

We're just going to have to wait and see, anything anybody tells you is just speculation, because nobody knows but the band.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
I think technically they're still on Atlantic, but are still dealing with the lawsuit trying to get out of it.

They wouldn't have recorded the album if they hadn't ironed out the details on the record deal yet.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 02:54:43 AM »
Quote from: "Blue"

They wouldn't have recorded the album if they hadn't ironed out the details on the record deal yet.

Did the band tell you this? Did someone in their management tell you this?

Because if they didn't, you're just assuming.
Bleeda blooda

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
Quote from: "Blue"

Did the band tell you this? Did someone in their management tell you this?

Because if they didn't, you're just assuming.

First, Scott and Dean both said they would work out the details with the record company BEFORE they would record the album. Second, anyone who assumes a band would just go ahead and record an album with no means of distrobution worked out is really mistaken.

Who do you think STP are, by the way? They're not some teenage band from Fort Worth, Texas. They are not making a demo tape. You just don't begin working on an album like this unless you know you have a means to release it.

Plus, if they intend to release the album outside of Atlantic, then they wouldn't start recording the album until after they negotiated out of Atlantic. Otherwise, Atlantic could have a legal stake in the songs they record while they are still in the deal.

The deal is worked out, PERIOD. Just because Scott hasn't given us any specifics doesn't mean things are still in limbo. They're either with Atlantic, or not.
Grab the hate and drown it out...