September 28, 2024, 04:25:57 PM

Author Topic: Album reviews/opinions  (Read 23766 times)

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Album reviews/opinions
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 11:18:14 AM »
Fame sounds like something off the Mighty Joe Young demo tapes.

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »
seems like a pretty mellow album overall (judging from the clips)

It seems like "Fame" is just a remix of the version he recorded a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping this is the just the standard release, and there will be deluxe verison with a second disc of new songs :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

Curtis1158

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2008, 01:28:17 PM »
I ws surprised to see the samples posted on Amazon. First, this doesn't look like a double disc's worth of material as has been reported. As was posted, maybe a double disc with bonus tracks will be released. Second, no "The Man I Didn't Know" and "Happy". If this is a concept album of the evaporation of Scott's marriage, then I can understand the omission. I liked the sample of Happy that was posted on Softdrive some time ago. More of an upbeat tempo. I also really like TMIDK. Even though we got a sample along with the Happy sample, I was really interested to hear how this song turned out in the studio.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »
I like tangle with your mind and crash so far..i think i need to hear the rest to make an "educated" decision.  I am dying for new music so hopefully it's as good as we all hoped
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
Tangle With Your Mind and Killing Me Sweetly...........Fuck! I'd kill just to listen them fully.
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

SacriNoire

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2008, 03:15:09 PM »
I like this samples but I'm depressed because I think a new album will be double :(

"Killing Me Sweetly" - I want to listen this track fully!!! Magic song!
We grew writh the speed of light
But crashed in the night

So hold on to something still...

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »
Crash seems like it could be great. Nothing on the others really struck me but it's only 30 seconds. No judgement yet...
Take it.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »
Loving the clips can't wait to get the album

"Big Black Monster" is my fav, love it
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

capt_caveman

• Maver
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Take A Load Off
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zooind.tumblr.com
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
Awesome song clips, can't wait to hear the full album... Tangle With Your Mind is tops for me on first listen, sounds like Bob Dylan.
Cause she could play the six string better than those macho pendejos

GreenCheetah

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
Those clips make me really excited for the album. I think my favorites might be She Sold Her System and Be Not Afraid..  I'm very excited about Be Not Afraid, it's actually a Catholic church song.  I'm not a religious person, but I was raised Catholic and I remember singing it in church.  It was always one of my favorites and still has significance for me, guess it was one of Scott's favorites as well growing up.

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »
ha...  I was wondering if "be not afraid" was that "be not afraid."  great church song!  i can't wait to hear the full version.

ok, these clips have definitely got me interested again.  I was a little worried with the first ones we heard. 

King

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2008, 10:28:15 PM »
I'll be honest, Killing Me Sweetly is the only one I even like.

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »
I've been waiting almost a decade to hear the rest of Big Black Monster...I can't wait.  I like the album so far..I was just hoping it to be more synth-pop/experimental like 12BB...so far it definitely has a Shangri-La vibe

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2008, 11:38:51 PM »
I'm liking the samples a lot, i'm so excited for this album. As others have said 'Killing Me Sweetly' definately sounds like the standout track here, I also liked the sound of 'Crash'. I'm all for mellow songs in the same vibe as SLDD, that's my joint fav STP album along with Purple. I think this album is going to be much more accesible than 12BB whilst sill being experimental to some extent. Whilst I like 12BB and can appreciate it's diversity (I'm a fan of all things Scott), a lot of my friends who are STP fans disregarded it as 'a noisy mess of an album'.
It is indeed dissapointing that the album is going to be one disc as we know Scott has been working on this project for such a long time and has many more songs, I don't think we will get a 2 disc version either or a second disc 6 months down the line, probably just a few bonus songs at best on the itunes and european releases.

On a side note could someone please share the 'Paralysis' video with me, it's been taken off youtube and I can't access the downloads section here due to not having enough posts?
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

adhesive-love

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2008, 03:18:35 AM »
Ok so I'm listening to the previews on his new album, it is great and all but I just think his voice sounds too sweet.  I just wish he could go back to his Purple/Core days.  I know that may be asking for too much but I want some manly singing!!!
I know I want what\'s on my mind.