September 28, 2024, 06:24:18 PM

Author Topic: Album reviews/opinions  (Read 23772 times)

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Album reviews/opinions
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2008, 06:38:11 AM »
Nope...not really at all
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »
I wouldn't consider "Hyper-Fuzz-Stupid-Title" to be a hard-rocker really. More like a fast paced gasoline-guzzling rocker.

But yeah, no other songs like it on Disc 2.
Back for another one

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »
Quote from: "MacCausland"
I found the deluxe edition in my garage, getting it for christmas  ;D

but besides Hyper Fuzz Funny Car, are there any rockers on disc 2?

Congrats and happy XMas. Eventhough the album (Deluxe Ed) isn't 'heavy', you're gonna love it, wait 'till you hear Pictures and Computers.  ;)

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
i'm just damn happy that it finally got delivered to my house after it had been on backorder.

btw - and not to interrupt the bitch fest or anything about pricing (if it's too much, don't buy it) - my husband LOVES this cd which is very unusual for him. i think cause it's more mellow than what he's used to me listening to.
Born free. Now I\\\'m Expensive.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2008, 07:09:41 PM »
Mine does too surprisingly.  I didn't even know he was listening to it.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Mine does too surprisingly.  I didn't even know he was listening to it.

i still refuse to take him to the concert, though, as he will find a way to bitch the entire time about something. he also hates crowds.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
I'm lucky because mine loves going to concerts as much as I do.  He even waits in line for GA hours before with me.

tatiana

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
my husband is a little older than me so he gets impatient and his "back starts hurting"...waaaaa. evidently it's hell getting old.

i just know how he is and i'd rather not torture myself.

Casual

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »
I was just listening to it cuz I got it today from that Amazon special.   I really like it a lot.  I wasn't sure if it would be good, but there are lots of cool songs on there.   I really like Blind Confusion, Paralysis, She Sold Her System, Killing Me Sweetly, Big Black Monster, Beautiful Day(much better than the U2 song), Arch Angel  I like it just as much, if not more, than VR's Libertad.   It seems Scott was able to do a lot more, with less, here.

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2009, 01:55:45 AM »
It's no 12 Bar Blues, but it's damn good anyway.
Missing Cleveland was not on my favorite list at first, but it grew on me.
Paralysis was great and still is.
Tangle With Your Mind was another one I didn't love right away, but it grew on me. Banjos? Goug Grean has been here.
Blind Confusion is my favorite on the album. Gotta love Weiland's new Wave Revival.
She Sold Her System is like Pink Floyd asking Weiland to sit in on a song with them. And it's great.
Blister On My Soul is what Weiland has claimed inspiration from British rockers the Libertines. I love the Libertines, so naturally this song was up my alley.
Fame is.. interesting. It's not bad, but it's not what I was expecting. Paul Oakenfold took over this track 100%. I do love the background "What's your name!" throughout.
Killing Me Sweetly is Weiland's ode to latino based bossa nova. We've seen a lot of songs like this throughout his career, especially late STP ballads.
Big Black Monster was recorded shortly after 12 Bar Blues and boy does it sound like it. Weiland throws back to the late 90's.
Beautiful Day is a pretty song to end the regular edition to the album. It's got a little hymn at the end which is, to be quite frank, rather irritating.

Great album, overall. Can't stop listening to it. Everyone I've introduced it to has loved it as well. Doug Grean's work is top notch. A perfect fit for Scott.
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »
Quote from: "WhenTheItchGetsBad"
Tangle With Your Mind was another one I didn't love right away, but it grew on me. Banjos? Goug Grean has been here.
Blind Confusion is my favorite on the album. Gotta love Weiland's new Wave Revival.
She Sold Her System is like Pink Floyd asking Weiland to sit in on a song with them. And it's great.
Blister On My Soul is what Weiland has claimed inspiration from British rockers the Libertines. I love the Libertines, so naturally this song was up my alley.
Fame is.. interesting. It's not bad, but it's not what I was expecting. Paul Oakenfold took over this track 100%. I do love the background "What's your name!" throughout.
Killing Me Sweetly is Weiland's ode to latino based bossa nova. We've seen a lot of songs like this throughout his career, especially late STP ballads.
Big Black Monster was recorded shortly after 12 Bar Blues and boy does it sound like it. Weiland throws back to the late 90's.
Beautiful Day is a pretty song to end the regular edition to the album. It's got a little hymn at the end which is, to be quite frank, rather irritating.

Great album, overall. Can't stop listening to it. Everyone I've introduced it to has loved it as well. Doug Grean's work is top notch. A perfect fit for Scott.

63 posts in one day?  Dude - way to spam the flying fuck out of the boards for all us regular members this morning!  I LOVE when that happens!!!  Douche.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »
i know I was like HOLY HELL there are a lot of new members and a lot of old threads being brought up..oh wait it is just 1 douche
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

63 posts in one day?  Dude - way to spam the flying fuck out of the boards for all us regular members this morning!  I LOVE when that happens!!!  Douche.

There's the Jessie I know and love  ;)
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

WhenTheItchGetsBad

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

Ha. So I made an account for the first time and found a lot of places to let my voice be heard. You're right, I'm a total douche for enjoying conversation about bands that I enjoy listening to.
Half of the threads I went on hadn't been touched in months anyway, so what are you crying for?
Bees Only Thrive When The Honey\'s There.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »

Ha. So I made an account for the first time and found a lot of places to let my voice be heard. You're right, I'm a total douche for enjoying conversation about bands that I enjoy listening to.
Half of the threads I went on hadn't been touched in months anyway, so what are you crying for?

Alright back on topic in here everyone (myself included).  

All future posts regarding WhenTheItchGetsBad's post explosion can go here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4427

This thread is for discussing "Happy in Galoshes Reviews".  Stay on topic, please.