September 24, 2024, 10:32:18 PM

Author Topic: Screaming STP at Scott Shows (Douglas Grean)  (Read 12691 times)

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
Re: Screaming STP at Scott Shows (Douglas Grean)
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2008, 03:52:25 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna go see him and I won't be chanting. I'll be digging the music. But as an entertainer he needs to start interacting with fans a little more, and not by cussing at them like he usually does.

Do things like take a few  suggestions from the crowd or something. Make them feel like part of the show and those drunk idiots who do chant will probably shut up.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2008, 03:55:50 AM »
I guess I have been super lucky. With all the VR & STP shows I've been too, I dont recall one incident of him cussing at anyone. Hes always in a good mood & happy, smiling & interacting very well with the crowds.

Whazup

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
I still think that Barbarella is his strongest song!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I guess I have been super lucky. With all the VR & STP shows I've been too, I dont recall one incident of him cussing at anyone. Hes always in a good mood & happy, smiling & interacting very well with the crowds.

You have been super lucky!!  I've seen Weiland pissed as all hell with STP.  

Some asshole kept tapping their arm, like to get a vein.  Total drunken retard.  Scott was talking shit to him from on stage, but after a few songs eventually got into the crowd and in the guy's face.  He was like "You want to do heroin?  Heroin almost killed me and almost killed this band.  Party on rockstar" or something like that.  Regardless...

And I still have no idea what he was upset about in Chicago.  But he slammed that mic down and walked off - not a happy camper.

Damn.  Is it wrong that I like when he's pissed?   >:D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Quote from: "weilandfan"

You have been super lucky!!  I've seen Weiland pissed as all hell with STP.  

Some asshole kept tapping their arm, like to get a vein.  Total drunken retard.  Scott was talking shit to him from on stage, but after a few songs eventually got into the crowd and in the guy's face.  He was like "You want to do heroin?  Heroin almost killed me and almost killed this band.  Party on rockstar" or something like that.  Regardless...

And I still have no idea what he was upset about in Chicago.  But he slammed that mic down and walked off - not a happy camper.

Damn.  Is it wrong that I like when he's pissed?   >:D

Nah, we like fire and passion in a person.
If it's wrong that you think it's "hot" when he's pissed then it's totally wrong that I think he's mug shots are sexy.  ;D
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »
My take on all this is that Scott put a lot of time and effort into this double disc for us fans and yelling STP at a Scott Weiland solo show is a kick in the balls.
He was really pist in Chi-Town but it did not effect his performance what's so ever he still threw his self all over the stage and made it a unforgettable show.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

cubsof89

• Cubsof89
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • check me out on the book of faces
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2009, 01:05:11 AM »
The very first STP show I ever went to he told the crowd we suck then slammed the mic on the ground and stormed off stage too.  I'll never forget it. Robert and Dean just kind of stood there looking around like "where did he go?"  

He came back out after about 2 or 3 minutes then asked if we "want a f'ing rock show?"

"Then act like we're at a rock show!"

The music was great but his tantrums are lame.

I just picked up Nirvana's unplugged performance on DVD.  Having only listened to the cd before, and watched the show on MTV I never knew that the last 3 or so songs were all picked by the crowd. They just kind of asked what they wanted to hear, discussed it with the crowd then played it.

Weiland needs to learn how to interact, to become a better known entertainer.
If you give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. But if you SET a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Bonneville

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
here's a cool interview with scott and doug.....sorry if it's already been posted http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHerY-5nlc&feature=related