September 24, 2024, 10:31:09 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland...Pinups!  (Read 4940 times)

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland...Pinups!
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:06:40 PM »
I'm sure it has been discussed in the past...but, if Weiland were to release a collection of cover songs...what would you like to see on it? Bowie released such an album in the 70's called Pinups.

Here are mine...

Lady Grinning Soul (David Bowie)
Hello, I Love You (The Doors)
Cars (Gary Numan)
Waiting For The Man (Velvet Underground)
Sweet Jane (Mott The Hoople)
Just Another High (Roxy Music)
Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd)
Dear Prudence (The Beatles)
Major Tom (Peter Shilling)
The Kids Are Alright (The Who)
Space Age Love Song (Flock Of Seagulls)

Those are just some that i have always wondered what it would sound like with Weiland's twist.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
Re: Scott Weiland...Pinups!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »
I am so excited that someone asked this question..l have been sitting on a list for years and have been adding to through the years.. and yes i have an actual list.. so to rattle off a few off the top of my head.. here ya go..   ::)

1.tomorrow never knows (beatles)
2.im only sleeping (beatles)
3.big love( fleetwood mac) with a 12bb taste
4.paint it black( rolling stones)
5.nights and white satin (moody blues)
6.comming to life ( Pink Floyd)
7. Run to you ( Brian Adams)
8  Rebel Rebel ( david bowie)
9.People are strange ( Doors)
10. Over now( Alice in Chains)
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »
Quote from: "SoftVinyl"
I'm sure it has been discussed in the past...but, if Weiland were to release a collection of cover songs...what would you like to see on it? Bowie released such an album in the 70's called Pinups.

Here are mine...

Lady Grinning Soul (David Bowie)
Hello, I Love You (The Doors)
Cars (Gary Numan)
Waiting For The Man (Velvet Underground)
Sweet Jane (Mott The Hoople)
Just Another High (Roxy Music)  

Have A Cigar (Pink Floyd)
Dear Prudence (The Beatles)
Major Tom (Peter Shilling)
The Kids Are Alright (The Who)
Space Age Love Song (Flock Of Seagulls)

Those are just some that i have always wondered what it would sound like with Weiland's twist.
id have to say that dear prudence would be a prize piece if he did it also have a cigar and hello i love you.. but im sure id like the rest but i cant think of how any of them go right now ha ha
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

Bonneville

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:20:23 AM »
I say just a full out the Doors cover album by Mr Scott Weiland......LA woman, the Changeling, Alabama Song  ;D , Touch Me, The Wasp......list goes on.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
1.Only Happy When it Rains (Garbage)  - He hummed/teased the crowd with this tune years back at one of the last STP shows I was at.

2.TVC15 (Bowie) - Also, teased with a little TVC during STP's last tour.

3. Angie (Stones) - He covered this with VR, but swapped Mary for Angie.... although a better recording would be amazing.

4.Across the Universe (Beetles) - He sang one line during the Grammys a few years back, and it sounded amazing...  it really blew everyone else away who was on stage with him.  (Esp Billy Joe from Green Day)

5. Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith) - Scott sang it with them on stage yeeeeeeearrrrs ago, but it's be nice if he did his own studio cover version.  It would suit him perfectly.

-------
6. Last Dance w/ Mary Jane (Tom Petty) - either one would be cool to hear him do.
  Running Down a Dream

7.  Waiting (George Michael) - Kinda obscure, but I'd be curious to hear Scott do one of his songs.

8. Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynrd) - would be AMAZING!

9. Paint it Black or Wild Horses (Stones) -  more awesome...

10. Love me Two Times (Doors) - But just like Bowie, and the Stones, there are a ton of Doors songs I'd love to hear him cover.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
'I say just a full out the Doors cover album by Mr Scott Weiland...'

Wwell...if we were to choose a 'covers' album of just one artist to do, i would pick Weiland to do Bowie. There is more of a varity of styles in the Bowie catalog.

Here is my Scott Weiland 'Bowie' project...

Lady Grinning Soul
Scary Monsters (and super creeps)
Life On Mars?
Diamond Dogs
Ashes To Ashes
Hallo Spaceboy
Young Americans
Quicksand
TVC15
Loving The Alien
Rock And Roll Suicide
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
1.Only Happy When it Rains (Garbage)  - He hummed/teased the crowd with this tune years back at one of the last STP shows I was at.

3. Angie (Stones) - He covered this with VR, but swapped Mary for Angie.... although a better recording would be amazing.

4.Across the Universe (Beetles) - He sang one line during the Grammys a few years back, and it sounded amazing...  it really blew everyone else away who was on stage with him.  (Esp Billy Joe from Green Day)

5. Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith) - Scott sang it with them on stage yeeeeeeearrrrs ago, but it's be nice if he did his own studio cover version.  It would suit him perfectly.

-------
6. Last Dance w/ Mary Jane (Tom Petty) - either one would be cool to hear him do.
  Running Down a Dream

7.  Waiting (George Michael) - Kinda obscure, but I'd be curious to hear Scott do one of his songs.

10. Love me Two Times (Doors) - But just like Bowie, and the Stones, there are a ton of Doors songs I'd love to hear him cover.

I love each and everyone of your choices.. !!!

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »

-------
  Running Down a Dream

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »
Quote from: "Vasoline*Val"

-------
  Running Down a Dream

Thanks. Just tried to think of songs that would suit him, on top of the 5 songs he's teased crowds with in the past.  I kinda wish he did some more covers like he did with VR... like every album would have 2-3 covers attached as bonus songs or whatever, it was great.  (Full album + bonus covers = AMAZING  :o )
"Hey there... how's your steak?"