September 19, 2024, 07:27:41 PM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25946 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »
whatever kid
If you only knew..

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2009, 04:32:20 AM »
Scott and Velvet Revolver, it won't happen. Scott has said countless times he likes doing the solo thing. If STP falls apart again, he'll return to making solo tunes. There is NO reason for him to return to Velvet Revolver. Army of Anyone has a bigger chance of getting back together than Velvet Revolver. A MUCH bigger chance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:38:44 AM by The Action Girls »
Back for another one

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2009, 04:34:04 AM »
I'd agree with that, even though I see an AoA reunion highly unlikely due to the lack of commercial success, there is a much better chance of that then VR reuniting with Scott.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2009, 04:43:36 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'd agree with that, even though I see an AoA reunion highly unlikely due to the lack of commercial success, there is a much better chance of that then VR reuniting with Scott.

Thing is, with AoA, I get the feeling they don't care about commercial success nearly as much as VR. I can see Rob and Dean getting together with Ray and Rich to make another record should STP split. They all seem like they're still on great terms with each other, it's just Richard wanted to return to his work with FILTER.

I don't care what anyone says, Velvet Revolver is done.
Back for another one

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2009, 06:44:32 AM »
. >:D
If you only knew..

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2009, 06:59:29 AM »
VR I don't think is done... No matter who their singer will be, they will do fine.  Anyone will sign them, they would be crazy not too. All the GnR Slash Duff(hell even sorum) fans, not to mention the VR fans that accumulated over the last 4 years would buy a new record. With guitar hero all it would take is one of those songs to make the game and they would reach new fans instantly.   I don't think they are done...they may be bigger than before if they do it right.  I personally don't care, because I was in it for scott, but I will miss VR too
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2009, 07:19:13 AM »
yup
If you only knew..

otisroom

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2009, 07:39:21 AM »
I think that STP is going to make a record in the next 6 months. Probably won't come out for 9 months, maybe the begining of next year. They will tour it and by the end of the tour they will probably be kind of sick of each other. You'd all be sick of each other too after that kind of grueling work.

Then perhaps some company will offer VR some big money to get back together and by then the bad stuff will have been forgoten and they will. For a while.

In between all this I think Scott will probably do little solo runs and make another Solo record in pieces here and there like the last one but hopefully not 10 years.

And then the whole thing will start all over again.

In the past I've made it seem like it was all based on money but that's not entirely what I think today. I think it's a combination of money and love. They did have a good time in both bands and the bad memories fade over time and the good memories are what stays. It's called euphoric recall.

So that's my insiders opinion on what will happen in the future. I'm not trying to bum anyone out or anything like that.

DG

The Action Girls

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2009, 07:48:08 AM »
It's good to get an expert's opinion on the situation, thanks Doug.

I disagree with VR getting back together, but nobody can truely tell. If STP does indeed disband again, I'm betting my lucky stars that Army of Anyone will amalgamate to make another record and a supporting tour.

My two cents... again.
Back for another one

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2009, 08:06:28 AM »
Quote from: "otisroom"
I think that STP is going to make a record in the next 6 months. Probably won't come out for 9 months, maybe the begining of next year. They will tour it and by the end of the tour they will probably be kind of sick of each other. You'd all be sick of each other too after that kind of grueling work.

Then perhaps some company will offer VR some big money to get back together and by then the bad stuff will have been forgoten and they will. For a while.

In between all this I think Scott will probably do little solo runs and make another Solo record in pieces here and there like the last one but hopefully not 10 years.

And then the whole thing will start all over again.

In the past I've made it seem like it was all based on money but that's not entirely what I think today. I think it's a combination of money and love. They did have a good time in both bands and the bad memories fade over time and the good memories are what stays. It's called euphoric recall.

So that's my insiders opinion on what will happen in the future. I'm not trying to bum anyone out or anything like that.

DG
I just don't think that there would be much demand for a VR reunion from promoters since they only made one hit record and Libertad the album and tour bombed.  I could see a one off maybe for a Southern California KROQ show but otherwise it would just be strange.  I just can't imagine a supergroup reuniting.  I'm not even speaking from an STP fanboy perspective, I'm thinking on a business level right now.  Would it be a theater/club reunion tour?  I just really don't see it happening, VR ran its course and was fun while it lasted, but ended at the right time imo.  If Scott wants commercial success he can do it with his STP buddies (STP are a far more bankable act than VR at this point in time and likely still will be in a few years, there's no way VR could ever sell out the Hollywood Bowl) and if he just wants to do fulfilling artistic stuff he can do solo stuff with you.  Of course I'm not Scott but I'm just speculating.

If Scott finds the every 2 years solo album cycle too strenuous because of STP business you guys should release EPs or singles on his site or on iTunes, that'd be pretty cool.  Also somebody should leak Scott's full version of the song "Happy" on here  ;)

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
thanks for proving my point doug
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
He didn't prove a point.  This is all opinions.  You will only be proved right velvetlongfly if they actually do reunite.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »
Well Brett, my dear, I love ya like my kid brother I never wanted (HA!).

But really... Why do you think those VR boys were CONSTANTLY on tour??

Cuz they were making fucking cash!!!! Its probably where it all went wrong, but they certainly took advatage of the position they were in & toured till... well till they couldn't anymore.

ESPECIALLY overseas!!! They have a RABID following overseas, and if no promoters were smart enough here in the states to get behind them again, they could just keep touring Europe & all the other countries that LOVE that kind of RNFR that they crave.

Hello... anyone see the footage that came with Libertad?????

But promoters would be fools not to see the potential here in the states. I never went to a VR show that was not sold out. And to get a band that had been to Vegas soooo many times in... what 3-4 years & STILL sell out, is quiet a feat. I only saw them once in Cali, but that was for Yahoo's Live Sets show, and that was a show where you couldn't even SCALP tix for, so I can't say how it was outside of my town, but everyone I personally know that live in different states, are diehard VR (80% because SCOTT was in the group) fans.

And we all would love for a reunion.

Scott is NOT Axl. He is not going to throw away the potential to go and do what he does best which is go perform. And to reunite with VR is something I would put money on WILL happen... PROBABLY EVEN BEFORE A GNR REUNION EVER WILL!!! Axl... hes just a stubborn dumbass who has fucked himself out of MILLIONS of dollars. Kinda karma in a way for screwing the GNR's boys out of the rights & stuff, but then he fucks them again too.

What I mean is Scott is not going to hold up a reunion... gig, tour, whatever if given some time away. He is a smart buisness man & he knows what to do.

Plus, he seems to be proud of the work they did together, and he'll want to celebrate the music one day...

Again, before Axl gets off his stubborn ass to do so for the GNR fans.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »
You can't say "we all would love for a reunion."  You would love for a reunion, I wouldn't and many here wouldn't.  This is a Stone Temple Pilots fan board.  Most people here would like to see STP stay together for years to come.  Also if you were just were referring to you and your friends as "we all" then please disregard what I just said.  But adding to that, most Scott fans prefer him in STP.  It is his true band.  I'd like to see Scott stay with STP, but if after the next STP record he decides he's done with STP I would hope that he would focus on solo stuff with Doug rather than going back to VR.  In response to you statement talking about their touring, VR were not capable of headlining/co-headlining major festivals in the United States.  I know they did do well overseas though, but it's not like they played Wembley Stadium or anything.  Also if those fans want "RNFNR" then they'll hear it when STP hopefully finally tour over there once the new album comes out.  They were subheadliners, and not even usually second to last to go on during festivals.  STP were pursued to headline Coachella in 2008 (according to Scott) and headlined Rock on the Range 2008 which is a major festival in Ohio.  They also played a major tour that drew a lot of fans, including selling out the Hollywood Bowl.  VR obviously made money touring, but not the kind of money that would warrant a big time reunion tour or a concert promoter to throw them big cash to reunite for their show/festival.  I just don't see it happening, and you can quote me on this, I don't think I'll ever be eating my words.  There's too much animosity between Scott and the VR guys and also a lack of history between them for him to ever go back with them, and I doubt there'd be enough money thrown around to make up for it.  Also does anybody remember that story from May or June where a fan asked Scott to sign her Velvet Revolver CD and he laughed and said "Velvet Revolver ewwwwww" and got into his taxi?

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
stop crying bret you got told by DG AGAIN!
If you only knew..