September 19, 2024, 11:49:43 PM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25951 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
then go listen to your suburban modern music and make another petition cuz you obviously dont know what the fuck you're talking about stonetemplebrat
OK you're obviously a moron who has resorted to lame personal attacks since you ran out of legit arguments since everybody knows Scott belongs in STP and has far more on stage chemistry with them in 2008 then he ever did with VR.  I'm sure if Scott posted here he'd agree with me (He'd also put bags of dog poo in front of all of our houses for talking shit about Paz.), and he would know better than any of us.  What does my petition have to do with this you idiot?  Scott said to write, so I'm doing it to support Scott.  Also what does it have to do with the topic of this thread?  Don't you realize there's another thread to talk about that?  Are you mentally retarded?  Are you Matt Sorum?  You're a troll and you should be banned.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2008, 02:15:04 PM »
Enough with the personal attacks. Keep it civil.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2008, 04:06:04 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "Shangri"
I lost the ponit of the topic... ???

I  miss VR, yes, and I miss it so bad, but I'm not sure about a come back, it's not the moment and it's not the moment to leave STP... if I wanna see VR together again? yes, sure... as much as most of you wanted to see STP... but I don't know... ::)

Now, we are comparing both bands when they are completely different, one point in common: Scott , but we can't compare them just because of that, Scott is other person in every band...
VR will never play again with Weiland and there's no point for them to.  They were a flash in the pan with 1 hit album, the rock listening public would rather see Scott with his REAL BAND STP, VR hate Scott and Scott hates VR, and they'd never get the big money offers to reunite like STP did.  Scott seems to be thinking a lot about his legacy and VR is bad for his legacy, continuing his TURE band STP and releasing some solo albums on the side is far better for it than some sellout supergroup.  No offense to people who like VR, but they were a cock rock joke to most people and very one dimensional musically.  Whenever they'd write a ballad it'd sound dated (The Last Fight) and they just didn't work.  The original Guns N Roses and Stone Temple Pilots are both far better bands than Velvet Revolver.

I know, I didn't say it was a chance...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
I know Brett I know. It's just it's one of my favorite shitty photoshop pics and I want to make SoCool jealous!
Back for another one

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »
matt sorum???

there's a difference between being a fan and someone who can also realize things instead of an obsessive fan who cant comprehend things, Scott doesn't owe you anything, STP doesn't owe you anything and i've met Scott  multiple times 2002 ,2004, 2007, 2008 when did he look the happiest to me? 2002 with stp whe did he look very happy? 2004 velvet revolver, in 2007 he only said hi and left cuz of vr problems and in 08 he was a stuttering cadaver see you dont understand Scott doesnt "belong" anywhere both bands are great (although u dont agree cuz u dont like velvet revolver or its members which is why you're causing temper tantrums) Scott mentioned on yahoo music that this will possibly be the future of his career and if STP do make a record mark my words it will be their last, thats what usually happens when something's done for money and for fans instead of the band itself. stp didn't get mostly bad reviews for their successful tour for nothing, do i still like them YES,  are they still my favorite band? ABSOLUTELY, but are they the same STP? NO.  Scott is turning into more of a Bowie and he has said it himself! LODGER HEROES LOW! BERLIN ERA! this is what you're gonna see from Scott in the future and if people wanna be stupid and " not buy his albums or anything from his clothing line"  cuz STP wont be very active or around then it just proves how much fans make and kill.
If you only knew..

Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=127989536
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »
Of course STPs next album will be their last. Yes STP looks happy that they are back together but its all about the money now. AOA crashed and burned, Robert and Dean are lucky with the 10 cents a month they get with that album. VR had a bad ending leaving Scott in the dust. And us, the STP fans, will never be happy. We get a new kickass album... We are going to say: Great! When does the new one come out?... STP just put out the longest tour of their careers, theyre tired, have families, and are middle aged. We should be lucky if we even get another album.
Sin makes me strong.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »
Quote from: "Sin"
Of course STPs next album will be their last. Yes STP looks happy that they are back together but its all about the money now. AOA crashed and burned, Robert and Dean are lucky with the 10 cents a month they get with that album. VR had a bad ending leaving Scott in the dust. And us, the STP fans, will never be happy. We get a new kickass album... We are going to say: Great! When does the new one come out?... STP just put out the longest tour of their careers, theyre tired, have families, and are middle aged. We should be lucky if we even get another album.
You never know if it will be their last.  With this band you never know what the future holds.  The next album could be their last, but they also could make 5 more albums for all we know.  We'll see.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »
I actually miss him with VR. I probably will not be seeing those boys again if Scott's not with them.

Now, before I get bashed here for sounding like I love VR more then STP, hold up. I didnt say that. I love both bands pretty much equally. Just cuz I have VR tatts, does not mean I have less love for STP. My devotion lays with Mr. Weiland & where he is at any given point.

And I had a rule, I was not going to just put autographs I got off ebay or somewhere on me just to have them, it just so happend that I got VR's all in person (with the exception of the one I REALLY wanted, but I had help & I know it's Scott's real autograph) BEFORE STP got together again.

In my perfect atmosphere I would have it all. He would rotate between STP, VR, & his own music.

He gets to express himself in each perfomance the way he wants. And do the kind of music he wants to. I dont think he would stay with VR for a long time and that may be a good thing for him.

I fell in love with STP first, but never got to see them till this last tour.

VR was the 1st time I got to see in person Scott on stage.

So I liken it to picking your fav parent in a way. If you can understand that analogy. I love both my parents, for being different from each other, or how they are. They have their strengths.

I love STP & VR for different reasons. But kind of how & why I love my parents.

I have actually been having a hard time listening to VR lately because I have started missing them together. I go through spurts like that, then I'll go listen & celebrate what they accomplished together.

But to be 100% honest, I never expected them to last for more them 3 cd's. Scott does not NEED them, like you can relpace a guitar player, but to replace a singer... I think they need HIM more then he EVER needed them. Im not saying Scott in general is more important (though in my biased opinion he is) then another band member. But if you have no singer... Uh what do you have really?? Nada. You got a band with no voice. Not really a lot to go brag about.

ok. I'll shut up now.

go ahead, send me to the plank to walk off after being shot at. bring it on, I can take it.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
you knows Scott has said millions of times how proud he was of being in that band, VR died not just cuz of egos but excessive touring that Scott had a hard time dealing with, all these guys are a lot older now you can sit there and expect all these things from them, its questionable if there will even be a record coming out the band says they will be recording and this and that i belive that it will come out but! it WILL also be their LAST.
If you only knew..

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
They have no singer.
They don't have a label.
They are done.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »
^^^^^^^^

They just don't want to admit they're done.  It's a pride/ego thing.  It's the same reason AoA never released an official "break up" release.  They don't want to admit they failed.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2009, 01:57:23 AM »
its not really an ego thing bret they are accomplished musicians they did it with axl they did it with scott im sure they can do it again but im not gonna keep talking about vr stp or aoa with you since ive realized you're only 16 and have no life experience.
anyway i was reading the interview where dean and robert officially say that stp was broken up http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... split.html its from a while back obviously but i really hope Scott can keep himself clean and if any of you believe he is then go and think that since he only seems to admit to things once hes completely sober coke binge my ass, i just hope i never see an interview like that one again
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2009, 03:44:05 AM »
17, and age is irrelevant.  If it's not ego then it's pride.  The bottom line is both VR and AoA never really had the nads to say it was over when it really was.  I saw the 2003 STP break up interview.  They were able to make up because they had been friends since the 80s and also there was actually a demand for them to reunite.  With VR Scott didn't have much of a history with any of them and their break up was even uglier than STP's, and there's no demand for a reunion.  They only had one hit record and they were a supergroup.  You're not responding to any of my points.  I understand you are a fan of Velvet Revolver but a reunion is not likely to happen.  Bottom line is it won't happen.  Also Scott is clean right now.  He never lied in 2007 about not being on coke/drugs at the time, he even said, "I'm no choir boy," but he appears to be clean right now.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2009, 03:55:47 AM »
Scott weiland is not clean the worst thing a heroin addict can do is drink and scott def isnt clean you're not clean when you drink ! and he's on opiates! why do you think he didnt take medicine for his disorder??????? he didnt wanna fall back on addcition dont tell me age is irrelavent!
If you only knew..

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:14 AM »
Artie Lange from Howard Stern has taken a similar opiate blocker and he also still drinks,  he has relapsed a time or two, but it never seems to last for more than a week.  Scott is clean from hard drugs like Coke and heroin, according to him he's taking Suboxin and bipolar meds.  He's definitely not sober, but he is clean from hard drugs.  I've seen the guy live a lot recently and even met him and even though he did talk slowly he seemed pretty normal to me, if anything he just looked tired.