September 20, 2024, 06:36:08 AM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25967 times)

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
Re: I hope Scott gets back with VR one day.
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
Quote from: "Sklashboombash"
Two things.

1. I think MacCausland was referring to a Maynard (APC/Tool) type of co-existence? I could see that. I think Scott is the type of artist that gets bored easily with routine, so he may opt to do this, that and the other. It would perhaps keep each project fresh because he would have a chance to miss it.

Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I also think Scott knows STP is a more profitable live act than VR and money seems to be a big motivation behind him doing bands.

2. Maybe in the US, but I think that in places like South America, Europe & Japan, VR may be the bigger money maker. They love those ex-gunners over there. VR was playing ridiculously huge places in support of their FIRST record.

I personally would choose STP first and foremost, EVERY TIME. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy VR and AoA.
STP are so profitable in North America though that they can constantly tour it and make money, they don't need to do as much international touring because of this.  Also I'd imagine VR playing the same slot as STP at the Download Festival, in my opinion they're equally popular in other countries and STP's new album could make them even more popular.  VR could not get headlining slots at US festivals, STP can.  Those are big paychecks.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Pingfah

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2010, 10:19:48 AM »
VR were an OK rock band, unfortunately their sum came to less than their individual parts combined, which is entirely the wrong way round.

I don't miss them, and I do not hope they get back together.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
i agree with what's been said about them never getting back together. i definitely prefer stp. but just imagine you're at an stp show on their upcoming tour, they go off stage at the end of the show, come back on for the encore, and instead of scott breaking out the megaphone as expected for D&B they kick into slither how SICK would that be. it'd only be a one time thing, wud only happen once and idk why i thought of it but i feel like the roof would come off the arena and itd be a fucking site
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »
Scott in VR has added some popularity to STP for sure!  Helped a younger generation get into STP
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

kshamrock20

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »
The name of this thread is my worst nightmare.

Bugaha

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
Scott in VR has added some popularity to STP for sure!  Helped a younger generation get into STP

As a GNR fan, I though of it the other way around.

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
Quote from: "Bugaha"
Quote from: "CMCracker"

As a GNR fan, I though of it the other way around.

yeah thats what happened with me...i'm 20 and knew of stp before VR got together from the radio and obviously knew plush, interstate, sex type thing but watching scott kill it with the GNR guys REALLY got me into stp and made them into the favorite band of mine they are today

i'd say VR helped a younger generation get into GNR and STP both equally
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Bugaha

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
I vote "NO" on a him getting back with VR.

IMO, they don't deserve Scott.  They had his back as long as they were making money, and then trashed him as a musician, and personally as soon as it started to fall apart.  He's the best frontman in rock right now, and wrote all their songs, so trying to replace him was a joke.  

I loved his work with VR, it was a nice chance of pace from STP, and his solo stuff... but it was just a side project that burned out too quickly.  It was great that they banged out 2 albums and a ton of bonus tracks, and I certainly wouldn't mind more.... BUT I'd much rather have more STP & solo Scott instead.

Would you care to explain what you mean by "VR trashed him as a musician"? Scott only wrote the lyrics and vocal melodies for Contraband. He really wasn't involved in the writing of the overall song structure because they were already written before he joined the band. But he did have control of MOST of the songwriting in Libertad but that happened to be their weaker album.

VR was not a cash-grab. Scott started to pull the same shit as he has been pulling lately with STP. Showing up late, showing up drunk, alienating himself from the band, and that got him FIRED!!! The DeLeo's might put up with that shit but Slash and Duff were not going to put up with another Axl.

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
Okay I have had enough with this topic. No need for another topic like this when it has already been discussed.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

dml5089

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
Re: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« Reply #204 on: May 27, 2010, 04:20:03 AM »
maybe he will perform with slash at the download fest

nroma05

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
stay with stp and can play some shows

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=140876

new interview with the national post where Scott once again won't rule out the possibility of VR reuniting...
All I have to say is why, why continue to ask this question with every single interview the man does?!? More questions about the new STP album would be nice dicks!
If you only knew..

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »
Wow how many times has this topic been brought up?

I really hope he doesn't reunite with VR..they were good when Contraband was released but Libertad while still a good record I found to be a bit mediocre at times. I think it's Scott's worst album release to date. Matt Sorum was the reason why Scott relapsed on coke..Slash was talking s**t behind Scott's back too.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »
Quote from: "HeavenandHotrods87"
Wow how many times has this topic been brought up?

I really hope he doesn't reunite with VR..they were good when Contraband was released but Libertad while still a good record I found to be a bit mediocre at times. I think it's Scott's worst album release to date. Matt Sorum was the reason why Scott relapsed on coke..Slash was talking s**t behind Scott's back too.
Did you just blame someone else for Scott's relapse?!?!? LOL
If you only knew..

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
Quote from: "HeavenandHotrods87"
Matt Sorum was the reason why Scott relapsed on coke.

I did not realize Sorum killed Scott's brother. He should probably go to jail for that.
Grab the hate and drown it out...