September 20, 2024, 06:56:44 AM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25968 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott doesn't say no to VR...
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »
i dont think it was a blog i heard a radio  one where he said he has and how him and dave were down the street from where scott had his solo gig
If you only knew..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: Scott doesn't say no to VR...
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2009, 06:08:19 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
i dont think it was a blog i heard a radio  one where he said he has and how him and dave were down the street from where scott had his solo gig

yeah, must be, 'cause I read most of Duff blogs, but there's a possibility I missed it
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

kernaljoe

• Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: I hope Scott gets back with VR one day.
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »
I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see the point.  It would be like trying to revive a dead body that hasn't had a pulse since spring of 2008.  I don't even remember the last time I heard a VR song on the radio, so what interest is there?  Also I wouldn't want it at the expense of scott doing stp and solo related stuff.

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2010, 12:51:17 AM »
seriously people...IT'S OVER.
There is no VR.
Done.
Stick a fork in it.
Duff basically said it.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=138094

VELVET is in a period of downtime right now, and perhaps we will one day get a new singer. For now, though, I have to look at opportunities when they are presented
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2010, 12:54:51 AM »
Quote from: "MacCausland"
Not full time, but if people like Josh Homme could handle being in Queens of the Stone Age, TCV, and Eagles of Death Metal all at the same time, I think Scott can find some time to occasionally play with Slash and the rest. He seems to be okay with everyone in the band except Sorum, and since Slash just said that VR is getting back in 2011, I really can't see Velvet Revolver with a different singer using the same name. Its not VR without Scott.

Like I said, not full time, but it wouldn't hurt to occasionally play a festival or have a short tour and new album.

I am a much bigger fan of STP compared to VR.  Scott just needs to stick with Stone Temple Pilots.... Dean, Robert, and Eric are more professional than the members of Velvet and Revolver.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

Silvergun92

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2010, 01:35:36 AM »
I hear Fall to Pieces regularly on the radio. SBQM is on there sometimes too.

Humble Kidney Pie

• Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Hold on to something still.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2010, 01:39:54 AM »
If it any way takes away from STP then I would have to vote no on a VR reunion.
Picked a song, sang a yellow nectarine.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2010, 02:19:05 AM »
No, it would kill STP.  There cannot be both.  Both are full time band things, and it's not like all of the members are friends like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.  It would never work, and I hope it never happens.  I also think Scott knows STP is a more profitable live act than VR and money seems to be a big motivation behind him doing bands.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2010, 02:20:47 AM »
Quote from: "kernaljoe"
I wouldn't mind it, but I don't see the point.  It would be like trying to revive a dead body that hasn't had a pulse since spring of 2008.  I don't even remember the last time I heard a VR song on the radio, so what interest is there?  Also I wouldn't want it at the expense of scott doing stp and solo related stuff.
I also NEVER hear VR on the radio on KROQ in LA, last time I heard anything by them was maybe "Get Out the Door" one time in late 2007.  Not one song since.  STP on the other hand have been one of the top played bands on KROQ for years, even when they were broken up.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2010, 02:38:56 AM »
I vote "NO" on a him getting back with VR.

IMO, they don't deserve Scott.  They had his back as long as they were making money, and then trashed him as a musician, and personally as soon as it started to fall apart.  He's the best frontman in rock right now, and wrote all their songs, so trying to replace him was a joke.  

I loved his work with VR, it was a nice chance of pace from STP, and his solo stuff... but it was just a side project that burned out too quickly.  It was great that they banged out 2 albums and a ton of bonus tracks, and I certainly wouldn't mind more.... BUT I'd much rather have more STP & solo Scott instead.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2010, 02:40:25 AM »
As much as I Loved VR, I dont think it would be a good idea.  I think there would be bad blood betweeen the bands and that Scott would get exhausted!  Now a Reunion show would be cool.  Just not for any extended period of time
May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2010, 02:42:27 AM »
Quote from: "MacCausland"
Not full time, but if people like Josh Homme could handle being in Queens of the Stone Age, TCV, and Eagles of Death Metal all at the same time, I think Scott can find some time to occasionally play with Slash and the rest. He seems to be okay with everyone in the band except Sorum, and since Slash just said that VR is getting back in 2011, I really can't see Velvet Revolver with a different singer using the same name. Its not VR without Scott.

Like I said, not full time, but it wouldn't hurt to occasionally play a festival or have a short tour and new album.

VR was all about being the last surviving rock band. What's the point if they only one 3-month tour a year? VR will never be Scott's primary band again, and from the looks of things it won't be Slash or Duff's either. So unless Matt and Dave want to get together with a new singer, bassist, and lead guitarist then it looks like VRs pretty dead.

Slash just said that VR is getting back in 2011, I really can't see Velvet Revolver with a different singer using the same name. Its not VR without Scott.

1.) Slash said they were closing in on a new lead singer in 2008. You see how that turned out?
2.) Just because it won't be the real VR won't stop the so-called "core members" from whoring out the title for some extra cash if they ever do decide to get together with a new singer.
Grab the hate and drown it out...

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2010, 03:45:07 AM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
seriously people...IT'S OVER.
There is no VR.
Done.
Stick a fork in it.

x2. Game over. Done. Goodnight. VR never again. It's time to let it go.

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »
Two things.

1. I think MacCausland was referring to a Maynard (APC/Tool) type of co-existence? I could see that. I think Scott is the type of artist that gets bored easily with routine, so he may opt to do this, that and the other. It would perhaps keep each project fresh because he would have a chance to miss it.

Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I also think Scott knows STP is a more profitable live act than VR and money seems to be a big motivation behind him doing bands.

2. Maybe in the US, but I think that in places like South America, Europe & Japan, VR may be the bigger money maker. They love those ex-gunners over there. VR was playing ridiculously huge places in support of their FIRST record.

I personally would choose STP first and foremost, EVERY TIME. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy VR and AoA.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

foou33

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2010, 04:39:04 AM »
i'd pick stp over VR too, but if for whatever reason there is no stp, i'd be glad to have VR, i mean when VR was touring and recording, what other solid rock bands were out there? they are in short supply these days