September 20, 2024, 04:34:43 AM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25965 times)

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott doesn't say no to VR...
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2009, 04:10:38 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Quote from: "weilandfan"
You can not POSSIBLY expect for Scott to know THE DATE a cd will come out... especially when THEY ARE NOT DONE RECORDING IT!! making music is not a 9 to 5 thing. Some days you just aren't very creative, or a song can take much much longer then others. MAYBE it will be out in December, but Im not going to cry if it comes out in Feb. Give me a friggen break.

And "IF" Scott had told me PERSONALLY, I STILL wouldn't belive it till I saw it. Sorry, but Im sure the intentions for it (the cd) were there to be out before Xmas, but not eveything is that cut & dry.

And VR, I will always wish they get back together ---at leas for a few shows. Just to see them one more time. But I can learn live without it. I've kinda moved on to loving the solo work & seeing his perform solo with a passion.

lovely words Mel.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2009, 04:25:51 AM »
I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be shocked if it happened eventually. There was a time when STP seemed dead & bloated. ;) I'll (obviously) take STP over VR any day, but I wonder. I'm sure Scott may feel like singing those songs again one day.

But seriously, would you say that VR may be a bigger act outside of the States (based on the GNR association alone)? Or is that a crazy statement?
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2009, 04:28:01 AM »
Quote from: "Sklashboombash"
But seriously, would you say that VR may be a bigger act outside of the States (based on the GNR association alone)? Or is that a crazy statement?
Can't judge that until we see STP tour their new record overseas.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2009, 04:52:55 AM »
Quote from: "Sklashboombash"
I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be shocked if it happened eventually. There was a time when STP seemed dead & bloated. ;) I'll (obviously) take STP over VR any day, but I wonder. I'm sure Scott may feel like singing those songs again one day.

An STP record cannot make up for the people in VR. records don't sell specially overseas, people went crazy when VR played in south america GNR and Metallica are almost a religion overseas. STP's record will be out right after christmas  or maybe a single at least  just like Slash's album then they'll both tour and after that Scott will probably have another solo album and maybe another STP record if not....more solo, VR will happen eventually maybe wayyy later or maybe sooner than we think
If you only knew..

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2009, 11:35:48 AM »
people went crazy when VR played in south america

I can assure you that people went wild too when STP played here last year even not having GNR linked with them.
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »
Did STP play in Brazil too?
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Quote from: "STP"

I can assure you that people went wild too when STP played here last year even not having GNR linked with them.

I believe people go wild for rock music over there wasnt it their first time anyways?
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2009, 11:14:05 PM »

I believe It people go wild for rock music over there wasnt it their first time anyways?
If you only knew..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »
Quote from: "NoMemory_Sin"

no, they didn't. They were going but the date was cancelled  ???

South America goes crazy for any quite big name band coming, and it has do to with the fact they don't do it very often. VR "craziness" seemed bigger because there were more people "out of curiosity" around them (and a DVD always helps  ;) ). If we look at VR as a whole band, I dare say STP has more hard fans here.

About the video, I think what Scott did was give a gentleman's answer, if he says "no" it brings the "why?" question and the response may be not very nice. Just to avoid a misunderstanding. Although I'd love see them together again, only to take it out of my system.
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2009, 04:18:34 AM »
Quote from: "NoMemory_Sin"

No dude, I meant South America when I said "here".

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2009, 04:24:52 AM »
I believe people go wild for rock music over there wasnt it their first time anyways?

You're right. But I can assure you too that I'd go anywhere in South America and how many times if they come. And I believe that there are at least 20,000 diehard fans here that would do the same.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2009, 06:04:05 AM »

You're right. But I can assure you too that I'd go anywhere in South America and how many times if they come. And I believe that there are at least 20,000 diehard fans here that would do the same.

Yea i saw Axl and friends for free in rio which was basically of all south america gathered up lol i havent seen people freak out the way they do, i've been there enough times and there isnt one time when i dont see metallica or gnr spray painted on a wall lol oh huge manson fans over there too! they love their rock! and are actually appreciative of it!!
If you only knew..

gravedancer

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2009, 12:59:08 PM »
I don't think it will be anytime soon that they get back together, if at all. However, I was reading one of Duff's columns for the Seattle Weekly and he posted in the comments that he had talked to Scott a few weeks ago. So at least some of them are talking.
STP Shows: 05-25-08 - Wallingford, CT, 09-23-12 - Sacramento, CA
SWB Shows: 03-07-13 - Boston, MA, 06-07-13 - San Francisco, CA

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »
Quote from: "gravedancer"
I don't think it will be anytime soon that they get back together, if at all. However, I was reading one of Duff's columns for the Seattle Weekly and he posted in the comments that he had talked to Scott a few weeks ago. So at least some of them are talking.

I heard some radio interview and Ian Astbury was a co-host and they called Duff and he was like "oh hey Ian YOU GOT SCOTT TOO???" lol and they were like no no just Ian lol
If you only knew..

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2009, 03:37:16 AM »
Quote from: "gravedancer"

do you remember which blog and when?
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"