September 19, 2024, 11:46:14 PM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25950 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
ummmm that story was a complete lie i read that and scott wouldnt run away from some little kid or say that about something his proud of who cares about the freaking U.S. a place that beilves hannah montana and the jonas brothers are rock?!?! fuck that! they were doing fine and they never "failed" to healined or sell out places!
If you only knew..

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
Thanks Doug for the input!! I am sure you are probably right
Brett, do you have any idea of what slash's fan base is?  He could probably headine a show himself LOL
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »
Quote from: "otisroom"
combination of money and love.
DG
OR the combination of love of money.

I mean really who doesn't love money.
I do. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

;D
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2009, 03:49:12 PM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I never went to a VR show that was not sold out.
I have. And in a big money market area like NY.
First go around in 04 when they were still "novel" they sold out shows. In 05 and 07 tickets were still on sale up to the day of the show including NYE.
Not to say VR was playing to half packed houses, no. But there were plenty of tickets to be had. The worst I saw was the 07 summer tour with AIC where a entire upper mezz section of Jone Beach was empty. For this summers STP reunion that same section was filled.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Oddly enough, what DG had to say did not bum me out at all...
adhesive love

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
Everyone calm down..

Just because you are an STP fan doesnt mean you cant like VR.  Plenty of people on this forum are Die-hard STP fans that also enjoyed VR's very good two records.  I saw VR 7 times, and loved every show.  

Brett, and some of you seem to be dwelling on non-sold out VR shows, which is a VERY silly argument.  STP has had PLENTY of shows on every tour this decade that DID NOT sell out.  Lets not take VR to the guillotine because they didnt sell out every show.  STP doesnt always do that either.  VR and STP both have waves of popularity.  Both sold hot when the tide was high, and sold "well" when the tide was lower.

If you dont like VR, thats fine.  No need to slag other people or that band because you didnt enjoy them, its simply a matter of taste.  

I for one would definitely go to a VR reunion show (with Scott).  I'd love to see that happen!  Not at the expense of STP, of course.  Just because STP is active doesnt necessarily mean VR couldnt be.  I dont think its going to happen, but I'd love to hear Scott sing those good VR tunes again.  However, I for one, am also plenty happy having him back in STP, which is of course where he belongs.  

All i'm saying is VR and STP dont have to be mutually exclusive, and the OP wasnt saying that they should be.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2009, 08:41:24 PM »
I enjoyed VR when it was going on.  Bought both albums, went to a couple shows, it was fun but I really didn't see it lasting/thought it would last past Libertad.  I just think it ran its course and I have a hard time imagining them reuniting, especially with the circumstances of the breakup.  By the time any of them would even consider it I think GNR will have reunited.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
stop crying bret you got told by DG AGAIN!
I wasn't "told."  He gave his analysis and opinion, but Doug is not a former member of Velvet Revolver.  I would only be "told" if Scott posted here and said, "Oh yeah I miss Matt Sorum and Slash I can't wait to play with them again someday."  None of us really know what will happen in the future, hell Scott could quit the music business tomorrow you never know, just imo I don't see a Scott/VR reunion happening.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2009, 11:47:49 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"

STP has had PLENTY of shows on every tour this decade that DID NOT sell out.  Lets not take VR to the guillotine because they didnt sell out every show.  STP doesnt always do that either.  VR and STP both have waves of popularity.  Both sold hot when the tide was high, and sold "well" when the tide was lower.
that they should be.

Exactly!! They could (both bands) do a 3 month tour, SELL OUT every date... Do a 1 year tour, and then NOT sell out every date.

My last STP show (Jan 2nd) did NOT sell out. Cuz they were here earlier in the year. Maybe being around the holidays had something to do with it, maybe not.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:12 AM »
can't this thread just stop? Scott will not get back with VR. The songs were never that inspired and honestly, no one is going to throw money at VR at this point based on how badly their album flopped. Anyone who makes that same point with SLDD isn't taking into account the massive success their previous records had. Sure Slither and Fall to Pieces sold some Contraband records... but VR was never all that. This thread is stupid. VR will never and more importantly SHOULD NEVER get back together.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2009, 12:19:39 AM »
Dough worked with vr and saw them plenty, ever hear of the stones??????? ever hear of their circumstances????? and they werent together for too long before the drama started they were  broken up while they were playing!!! ever hear of cream??? they are suppose to be the very first supergroup THEY STILL GIG! the bottom line is that you will see vr play again who knows when but it will happen and i could see aoa playing some shows too, whoever says that there was no chemistry in vr has got to be fuckin crazy! and sadly.....you will see audioslave eventually its  not just love or money its the fact that you had something different outside your own band VR was very punk driven yet new wave and blues it was a completely different from their own bands alot of that material doesnt sound like stp or gnr people just rather think that cuz of their past bands slither was written before scott came in yet ppl say its "stp'ish" bottom line is you will see vr and you will see aoa happen.
If you only knew..

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2009, 12:59:10 AM »
Quote from: "VelvetLounngeFly"
Dough worked with vr and saw them plenty, ever hear of the stones??????? ever hear of their circumstances????? and they werent together for too long before the drama started they were  broken up while they were playing!!! ever hear of cream??? they are suppose to be the very first supergroup THEY STILL GIG! the bottom line is that you will see vr play again who knows when but it will happen and i could see aoa playing some shows too, whoever says that there was no chemistry in vr has got to be fuckin crazy! and sadly.....you will see audioslave eventually its  not just love or money its the fact that you had something different outside your own band VR was very punk driven yet new wave and blues it was a completely different from their own bands alot of that material doesnt sound like stp or gnr people just rather think that cuz of their past bands slither was written before scott came in yet ppl say its "stp'ish" bottom line is you will see vr and you will see aoa happen.

Your comparing Velvet Revolver to THE ROLLING STONES?
Sorry but I nearly spit my coffee out.

And Cream? Cream broke up in 1968, then did TWO shows after that 37 years later....2 shows 2004 or 5(?) and last year. Not counting their HOF induction. They are not "touring". And they weren't a "supergroup", your confusing them with Derek and the Dominos or Blind Faith.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2009, 01:15:39 AM »
ummm ever hear of blind faith??  whatever im done in this forum im just gonna laugh when i go see aoa or vr
If you only knew..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »
If you are saying they didn't sell enough records to do another tour, well then there are a ton of bands out there who dont sell what the "industry" would consider enough cds to be a top rated band. Doesn't mean they dont tour their asses off, and it doesn't mean they dont have a legion of fans out there who are dedicated to seeing them play.

Thats one of the probs with corporate music. They care if you sell a billion cd's, and thats about it. Not about the MUSIC they are spitting out.

VR may not have had a lot of radio play. I still today have only heard like 2 or 3 songs from them on the air. But they are veterans of this buisness. And between them all, they gave a big FU to the industry. Yes they are in it to make money, (otherwise they'd do shit for free) but they were in it mostly for the music, and to did what they wanted.

If you thought they would be together 20 years, you were nuts.

And this thread is about VR, not just STP. So everyones opinions are welcome. Its not a STP against VR thread guys. It was just putting out the question if he should get together again with them.

Just chill out. Those who were getting hostile.

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2009, 01:31:14 AM »
I'm not being hostile at all... I'm just saying I wish this thread would stop going this long, because in my opinion it's a ridiculous question. Just my opinion, but I can't see VR EVER getting back together again. EVER. That's my opinion.