September 19, 2024, 11:56:39 PM

Author Topic: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?  (Read 25952 times)

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
lots of recent interviews sound like theres no bad blood i have also messaged doug grean and he told me:

"They'll do the VR thing again.

Be patient.

DG"

you can MESSAGE HIM YOURSELF! :) But lets be honest.....Scott's voice really is getting worse  if you have the velvet revolver texas show from 2004 or 05 not sure.. you know the one that looks like it was suppose to be a dvd?! he sounds exactly like he does on contraband and when all his current issues came up during libertad the band actually tuned down their instruments so he could hit the notes which he also struggled with....during the stp tour ppl question why sour girl sounded off? cuz its the only song that they tune down for and why  he sings big bang baby the way he does ......CUZ HE DOESNT HAVE THAT TYPE OF VOCAL ABILITY( you know that one where he sings whispery soft?) thank god he still has his falsetto which he hear on killing me sweetly and very shitty on big black monster live....LETS FACE IT SCOTT WANTS TO BE A SOLO ARTIST NOW...but sometimes i question.....think about the fact that velvet revolver was the band where he maintained clean and also looked and souned very happy with his ego flowing! haha (not in a bad way) and i was thinkin what if they decided to call each other .. i mean its sad to hear the fact that stp was done for money....no fan interaction during sex type thing and remember that "choose the set list" thing for the fans BULLSHIT! Robs interview where he says he doesnt know what scotts condition is but as long as he shows up?!?!? Dean saying that hes not gonna sit there and tell you that the planets align and the fact was that they wanted to make more money......during libertad Scott was erratic on stage yeah he was but they also shouldnt have stopped talking to him but then again when youre traumatized for years by something called AXL ROSE what can you do?
I would love to hear some new stp but i will also want scott to be where he is the happiest and if its solo then so be it but right now it sure as hell isnt STP (that part was hard to type)
If you only knew..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Should Scott Get Back With VR ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
lets all hope he does good tonight
If you only knew..

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
Scott needs to do what makes him happy be it STP, VR, solo or ?

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:09:56 PM »
or? haha
If you only knew..

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:38:17 PM »
WHen VR broke up DG sent me an awesome reply. It is all about money & music buisness as he said "is a BUISNESS" and they will get back together one day for that reason alone. He said if G&R were smart, they'd get back together now & make a shit load of cash while they could too. But honestly I'm GLAD he left VR because they had been putting off his solo cd & the work.

And to be honest, the VR boys would most likely drive him nuts right now with everything hes personally going through. He went on his coke binge while in VR, I think he needed to break away from them. It probably saved his life.

DG is awesome. He has always writen me back. But I cant say if 200 people write him, he has the time to write everyone back personally.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »
you're right
 his coke thing was pretty crazy toooo!

things that ruined VR

junkism (including u slash who decided to do drugs again while the band was sober lol)

wives (what else can i say in johnny lydon's words "if you bring a butterfly into the bird's nest dont expect the nest to hold the rest"

MEDIA (saying that scott doesnt fit in and BLAH)

DRUNKEN EGOS (Matt with his nude groupies around scott's kids)

GUNS N ROSES (the  band being asked constantly about guns right in front of scott)

AXL ROSE (his alleged visit from slash  and the statements made which pissed off the band)

DEATH (the last thing that added more stress inot soctt and matts relationship was the sad lost of their brothers)

Bipolar disorder (if you're not aware at the fact that this condition can sometimes make you feel like the world is against you sadly scott probably feels that if he hadnt offered his brother junk then he'd probably be alive.....it must be horrible to deal with that)

INDUSTRY HEAVIES AND THE MEDIA AGAIN! (FOR CONSTANTLY TRYING TO REUNITE THESE BANDS AT THE WRONG TIME !!!!!)
If you only knew..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:25:45 AM »
I think Scott is a perfect fit for the guys in VR, and I would love nothing more for them to re-group after STP makes an album.

Scott's group is definitely STP, but he fucking rocked the stuff that the guys in VR wrote for him. I love every single song by them, and I think now that they've got another album's worth of stuff that was written without Scott, it should be a lot more like Contraband. Harder than Libertad, but not too hard.
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »
You guys saying you want Scott back in VR are untr00 fans.  I want STP to be together until they're in fuckin wheelchairs still doing "Dead & Bloated."  I really can't believe there are such unloyal STP fans here.  Any of you who want Scott back in VR are total WHACKOS and luckily it'll never happen because there is ZERO demand for him to go back.  I'm sure he'd rather satisfy STP fans than Slash/Sorum fans.  It'll never happen, supergroups DO NOT reunite.  Will Audioslave ever reunite?  God no.  You guys are totally nuts. (not you weilandfan you are simply relaying information)

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
STP is my favorite band, no question about it. I am completely dedicated to the fans and the music. I own all 5 albums and listen to at least 2 or 3 or them a day. Wicked Garden is my favorite song to listen to when I'm playing Halo 3. I drove for to LA and spent 250 dollars on tickets to see them perform together. Don't call me unloyal.

Velvet Revlover released 2 kickass albums that were good from start to finish, and they had a vibe that not a lot of bands these days have. Called "not acting like a bunch of pussies. Wah, I'm an All American Reject."

I wouldn't mind Scott working with Velvet Revolver again, and here's why:

His band released an album in late 2007 and toured pretty consistently with them until March 2008. Then from April to Octoooober there was that tour with STP. Then we get the solo album in November, the tour til February, and then there's the new STP album, due sometime late in the 2009.

He's got time to sing for VR somewhere in there.

I am totally going to bed now.  O0
Bleeda blooda

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
Luckily it will never happen because most people don't want it and more importantly he doesn't want it.  It'll never happen.  It's not worth even discussing.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
I would rather see Scott become a lounge act in Vegas before I would want to see him in that cluster fuck of egos again.

period.
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
No, hopefully there will be no more VR with Scott. It was nice while it lasted, but he's back in a band that's a million times better than VR. Plus, according to some articles, VR wants to sound more like their old selves a.k.a. Guns N' Roses. If they want to be stuck in 1987, let them, they're just not gonna drag Scott down with them.
Back for another one

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
I would rather see Scott become a lounge act in Vegas before I would want to see him in that cluster fuck of egos again.

OH YES YES YES!!! I would be in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  O0

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
You guys are totally nuts. (not you weilandfan you are simply relaying information)

Hahahhaa, thanks. I almost smacked you. LOL!!!  :-*

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
Velvet Revolver is dead! I thought it was an awesome ride (music wise)...but it's over as far as i'm concerned. I LOVED both Contraband and Libertad. Both were killer releases. I have desire to see them ever get together again. It's history. I will always listen to the 2 releases...but, Scott should never look back now. I think he moved on to brighter things.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'