September 19, 2024, 11:44:09 PM

Author Topic: The early change in Scott Weiland (Core - Purple)  (Read 20545 times)

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
Re: The early change in Scott Weiland (Core - Purple)
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »
I agree - Scott and blond hair do not mix.  Scott with red hair and velvet revolver get up however does!

Excuse me whilst I rapidly faint looking at them pics!

Sorry to say, but I think the healthy Scott is the best Scott.  And that was in the Core Era and now the Stone Temple Pilot Era.  He looks much better now than he did in the last decade.  Looking at photos of him before the reunion, shows me that he was probably close to death, health-wise.  I liked him when he had the blonde hair in the STT music video.  He had a little eminem flavor.  When he had the red hair, it just reminds me of how unhealthy he was.

When I think of his red hair, I picture him in the Core era where he was healthy. During the Plush video perhaps.

I'm talking about his red long hair.  He had red short hair in the Core Era.  And when I say healthy in the Core Era, I mean he looked great.  He had plenty of muscle on his bones and great energy on stage.  Once the cocaine began to really hit him hard, he changed pretty fast in the Purple era.  In the No 4 era, I think he was a bit too skinny.  He had built up pecs, but his arms were way too thin.  He was probably doing something then too.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

timryanokane

• Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »
So would I be correct in saying that most people on this thread prefer Scott vocally and physically from Core - Purple Era as opposed to later?

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »
So would I be correct in saying that most people on this thread prefer Scott vocally and physically from Core - Purple Era as opposed to later?

I can't speak for everyone, but personally my favorite Weiland is from 1994-1996.

SourBeagle

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »

Vocally that is my favorite era for him; physically it's 96 onward.

“The news reports said I’d torched $10,000 worth of Scott’s clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: ‘Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,’ he said later.”

Chewals

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:29 PM »
I'd take the No. 4 voice over his Core voice anyday.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »

Nope for me
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 02:37:26 AM »

Nope for me

Nope for me too. No. 4 and SLDD have my favorite vocals on them. Some of the stuff on Contraband as well.
Bleeda blooda

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 02:40:09 AM »

Nope for me

Physically, I like the Core Scott.  Vocally, I think he really began to master all fronts on No.4 and Shangri along with his solo albums.  He got his vocals to range from Morrison to Bowie and everywhere in between. 
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »
I agree - Scott and blond hair do not mix.  Scott with red hair and velvet revolver get up however does!

Excuse me whilst I rapidly faint looking at them pics!

Sorry to say, but I think the healthy Scott is the best Scott.  And that was in the Core Era and now the Stone Temple Pilot Era.  He looks much better now than he did in the last decade.  Looking at photos of him before the reunion, shows me that he was probably close to death, health-wise.  I liked him when he had the blonde hair in the STT music video.  He had a little eminem flavor.  When he had the red hair, it just reminds me of how unhealthy he was.

How do you define "Healthy"? In the early Core era, Scott did a lot of cocaine. And then, in summer of 93, he started on heroin. So Core being his healthy era would be kind of like saying it's healthy to drink rat poison, it's just unhealthy for it to reach your stomach.

Scott's healthiest era was the No. 4 era, I beleive. I'm pretty sure he was stone sober from 1999 into early 2001. NO coke. NO heroin. NO booze.

If Scott was "chunky" in his velvet revolver clobber - somehow red hair and white suit makes me drool uncontrollably!  But you have to remember that fags (he may have been off the diamorphine, the coke and ethanol (i am a drug chemist) but he was still smoking!! The more fags you smoke, the more calories is need as the body eliminates the chemicals in the fags.  So it may not be just the opioids in this sense, it maybe the smoking which is doing this!

Interesting link on nicotine and metabolism (we have nicotine receptors in the brain)
http://web4health.info/de/answers/ed-treat-smoking.htm
"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun