September 19, 2024, 11:43:55 PM

Author Topic: The early change in Scott Weiland (Core - Purple)  (Read 20544 times)

guitarbutt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: The early change in Scott Weiland (Core - Purple)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
i love scott's styles.  its cool to go from so many different things.  he was borderline chubby on some core era pictures, then with velvet, hes sickly thin, but yet can still pull off that look

Sklashboombash

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 09:13:35 PM »
Quote from: down
Wow, am i the only one that couldn't picture Meatplow on Core?

You're certainly not the only one.
Core and Purple each have its own sound. "Only Dying" could have probably gone on either album though.
STP: 07.31.00 | 08.04.01 | 10.24.01 | 04.23.02 | 10.11.02 | 05.31.08 | 09.05.10
SW: 11.30.11 | 03.12.13 | 08.29.14 | 03.10.15
VR: 05.28.04 | 05.18.07 || AoA: 02.01.07
CheSTP: 09.06.13 | 04.25.15 | 09.20.15 || JeffTP: 07.28.18 | 09.15.19

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »
Quote from: "Sin"
Meatplow could NEVER be on purple. Ever. Core has that distinct Dean DeLeo chorus effect crunch on pretty much every song... meatplow just doesn't have that, neither do any other non-Core songs in STP's career, although I do think Dumb Love comes close.

Uhhh are you sure meatplow could never be on purple????

Garrett

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 01:40:54 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
Quote from: "down"
Wow, am i the only one that couldn't picture Meatplow on Core?

You're not alone. I can see, but I can't. It's easier for me to picture songs from No.4 and SLDD on the first three albums because I don't feel the last two albums had the distinct identity that the first three had.

definitely agree with that.  I hope that if they do come out with a new album, it has its own identity just like the first 3 did.

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott in '94.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
Ok, not to be all sentimental and trippin' down memory lane as if yesterday was all wonderful and so on, but while browsing through the picture galleries here at Below Empty (great work, btw), as I hit 1994, it occurred to me that there was no cooler rock star in the world than Scott Weiland in 1994. Do yourself a favor and browse through the BE galleries, you might see an image or two of posters that used to hang on your wall that you had forgotten about. I know I did.  :)
Karma schmarma.

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scott in '94.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
Ok, not to be all sentimental and trippin' down memory lane as if yesterday was all wonderful and so on, but while browsing through the picture galleries here at Below Empty (great work, btw), as I hit 1994, it occurred to me that there was no cooler rock star in the world than Scott Weiland in 1994. Do yourself a favor and browse through the BE galleries, you might see an image or two of posters that used to hang on your wall that you had forgotten about. I know I did.  :)

I personally prefer the Weiland rock star look of 1999-2002.  But maybe it's because that's when I got into STP.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
I'm actually the same way as you. I loved the way Scott looked in 1994. To me, each look represents each album and he rocked the Purple look. I have tons of the Purple era pictures on my computer so it's cool to see some new ones up on the site. I love the pics from this magazine:

http://www.belowempty.com/pictures.php?do=showgallery&cat=stone_temple_pilots&band=stone_temple_pilots&type=promotional_photos&p=1994&id=636

RCLAR

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 06:22:34 AM »
I'm actually the same way as you. I loved the way Scott looked in 1994. To me, each look represents each album and he rocked the Purple look. I have tons of the Purple era pictures on my computer so it's cool to see some new ones up on the site. I love the pics from this magazine:

http://www.belowempty.com/pictures.php?do=showgallery&cat=stone_temple_pilots&band=stone_temple_pilots&type=promotional_photos&p=1994&id=636

Funny you'd mention that specific gallery. I had the photo 2nd from the right as a poster on my wall back then. He was just so damn cool back then. He still is, but he had a quality back then that I can't put my finger on. He was more bashful, in a way. Then again, he's been on a rough ride since then, a ride that'll strip away your innocence in a heartbeat.
Karma schmarma.

Violet Skies

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »

I've always found Scott to be extremely sexy. Sorry to many, but he owns Brad Pitt and George Clooney.
Water summons wind...wind makes fire dance...

DeathBedMotorcade

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »

I personally prefer the Weiland rock star look of 1999-2002.  But maybe it's because that's when I got into STP.
Scott became uncool to me in those years when he started wearing make up.  I really do miss the Scott Weiland from 1992-1994 there was nobody cooler than.  Just his stage presence and look was just purely bad ass.  Plus I like to think of him then before the heroin.

SourBeagle

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 10:56:07 PM »
I don't have a favorite appearance of Scott's, I find him most "attractive" 96 onward (the bleached blond a few years back, not so much, though), but love the early looks just as much, 94 is sentimental.  I like watching videos in order; he looks so different, sometimes almost unrecognizable to me.  But through all the different looks his eyes are always the same and reflect his personality, kind of ties the appearances together, still the same Scott (pretty much).
“The news reports said I’d torched $10,000 worth of Scott’s clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: ‘Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,’ he said later.”

cosmicpilot

• Flowery Bad Girl
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 12:50:04 AM »
I agree - Scott and blond hair do not mix.  Scott with red hair and velvet revolver get up however does!

Excuse me whilst I rapidly faint looking at them pics!

"Robert DeLeo is right there with him in the pocket, accenting the groove with his thick baselines (while exuding a stage presence midway between CIA agent, Mafia hit man, Latin gigolo and dance instructor, thanks to his slicked-back hair, ever-present shades and fluid moves)"
Darryl Sterdan - The winnipeg Sun

DeadAndNotForSale

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Would you even care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 01:24:12 AM »
I agree - Scott and blond hair do not mix.  Scott with red hair and velvet revolver get up however does!

Sorry to say, but I think the healthy Scott is the best Scott.  And that was in the Core Era and now the Stone Temple Pilot Era.  He looks much better now than he did in the last decade.  Looking at photos of him before the reunion, shows me that he was probably close to death, health-wise.  I liked him when he had the blonde hair in the STT music video.  He had a little eminem flavor.  When he had the red hair, it just reminds me of how unhealthy he was.
"I can sit there and feel a deep hatred for Dean and Robert, but when I hear them play guitar, I'm deeply moved." - Scott Weiland '94

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »

Sorry to say, but I think the healthy Scott is the best Scott.  And that was in the Core Era and now the Stone Temple Pilot Era.  He looks much better now than he did in the last decade.  Looking at photos of him before the reunion, shows me that he was probably close to death, health-wise.  I liked him when he had the blonde hair in the STT music video.  He had a little eminem flavor.  When he had the red hair, it just reminds me of how unhealthy he was.

When I think of his red hair, I picture him in the Core era where he was healthy. During the Plush video perhaps.

Blue

• Your Friend
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »

How do you define "Healthy"? In the early Core era, Scott did a lot of cocaine. And then, in summer of 93, he started on heroin. So Core being his healthy era would be kind of like saying it's healthy to drink rat poison, it's just unhealthy for it to reach your stomach.

Scott's healthiest era was the No. 4 era, I beleive. I'm pretty sure he was stone sober from 1999 into early 2001. NO coke. NO heroin. NO booze.
Grab the hate and drown it out...