October 02, 2024, 01:35:44 AM

Author Topic: HIDDEN LYRICS/SOUNDS in STP songs.  (Read 10681 times)

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
HIDDEN LYRICS/SOUNDS in STP songs.
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO STP FOR AS LONG AS I'VE HAD...

1)  Listen to "Interstate Love Song".  During the second verse, just after Scott sings
"breathing", listen close to what appears to be a voice speaking.  Turn up the volume
way loud, and you might hear it.  The only words I can make out sound like
someone saying "water", or "in the water" at around 2:07-:2:10.

2)  What the hell is being said during the chorus of "No Way Out"?  At the end of
Scott singing "Give it away now muther-fucker, now give---", listen closely.
Play this on something with an E.Q., like WINDOWS media player.  Turn
your midrange almost all the way up, and drop your treble almost all the way down.
You'll hear something that sounds like "yourself go WACKO".  There's a couple of words
just ahead of this possible phrase that I hear, but can't make out.  Check it out at 1:29.

3)  Once again, mess with your E.Q. --- and you can hear Scott screaming one hell-of-a
scream the beat before Dean's guitar solo in "Coma".  It's deep in the mix, but can
be heard at 2:55.

4)  I'm sure the die-hard fans know this one.  During "Army Ants" guitar solo, you can hear what appears to be Scott's voice played backwards.  Listen for "Owwwwww" -- only
heard in the right channel in your speakers, at 3:02.

5)  On "Wet My Bed", what is being whispered?  Check it at 1:31.

More to come.  Drop a post if you can find, or have heard these.  Share any other findings
you might have.  

-Brando
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: HIDDEN LYRICS/SOUNDS in STP songs.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »
You have an excellent hearing.

6) The weird (and scary ;D ) whistle on Plush. Check it out at 3.23
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:26:32 AM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO STP FOR AS LONG AS I'VE HAD...

1)  Listen to "Interstate Love Song".  During the second verse, just after Scott sings
"breathing", listen close to what appears to be a voice speaking.  Turn up the volume
way loud, and you might hear it.  The only words I can make out sound like
someone saying "water", or "in the water" at around 2:07-:2:10.

2)  What the hell is being said during the chorus of "No Way Out"?  At the end of
Scott singing "Give it away now muther-fucker, now give---", listen closely.
Play this on something with an E.Q., like WINDOWS media player.  Turn
your midrange almost all the way up, and drop your treble almost all the way down.
You'll hear something that sounds like "yourself go WACKO".  There's a couple of words
just ahead of this possible phrase that I hear, but can't make out.  Check it out at 1:29.

3)  Once again, mess with your E.Q. --- and you can hear Scott screaming one hell-of-a
scream the beat before Dean's guitar solo in "Coma".  It's deep in the mix, but can
be heard at 2:55.

4)  I'm sure the die-hard fans know this one.  During "Army Ants" guitar solo, you can hear what appears to be Scott's voice played backwards.  Listen for "Owwwwww" -- only
heard in the right channel in your speakers, at 3:02.

5)  On "Wet My Bed", what is being whispered?  Check it at 1:31.

More to come.  Drop a post if you can find, or have heard these.  Share any other findings
you might have.  

-Brando
I couldn't hear what you were talking about at all in Interstate or No Way Out. However I have noticed the scream in Coma before and also the "Owww" in Army Ants but I always thought that was just part of the guitar solo. And I've never been able to figure out what's being whispered in Wet My Bed...

Also, to Tyrant...I've noticed that "whistle" in Plush many times but I never really thought of it as a whistle, I just thought it was feedback or something like that from the guitar. Who knows?

Has anyone else noticed the "voice" in And So I Know? Near the end when you hear "camp fire girls make me feel alright" you can hear some other voice in the background. It's right around 3:32. It almost sounds like it's saying "hello"
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

BrandoKommando

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 03:02:35 AM »
To wickedgarden 23:  The best way to hear the voice on " No Way Out" is to play it on
Windows media player, or any other computer program that has an equalizer.  With Windows media player, there are 10 sliders to adjust bass, mids, and treble.  Take the first 6 sliders (from left to right) and slide them all the way down.  Now take the 7th slider and move it about 75% UP from the bottom.  Take the 8th E.Q. position and move it to
about 50% (in the middle on the range).  The 9th slider, move it all the way up to
the top.  The 10th one, put that in the middle as well.  After playing with this tonight, the voice actually starts at 1:30. Listen for Scott, and after he says "give it away" (1:30), you'll hear, in my opinion, "go wacko".  Listen at different volumes, and you might hear it better
at a lower volume, or really loud.  This voice repeats itself in the "give it away now mutherfucker" CHORUS.  

In "Interstate Love Song", I'll correct myself. At 2:08-2:09, it sounds like someone saying
"the water".  But it's only in the RIGHT channel.  There's some other stuff in there too,
but I can't make it out.  This can be hear pretty much at any E.Q. setting, but play with the
levels and try lowering the volume too.  Move your BALANCE to the RIGHT a bit, and let me
know if that helps.  It seems like a "bleed over" on the track.  Like something was recorded, then re-recorded over the same section of tape.  

I've never noticed the whistle in "Plush".  Where is it in the song?

On another note, I read somewhere that the "synth" sound at the beginning of "Coma"
was actually Scott's voice.  They used an effect to distort it, and decided to use it in the song.  And if you you listen at 2:52-2:53, you'll hear Scott yelling "yeh" on the off-count of
the drums and guitars.  (dunt-dunt ((YEH!)) dunt-dunt ((YEH!)) dunt-dunt ((YEH!)) dunt-dunt ((YEH!)) ---then the solo starts.  

I know what you're thinkin'..  What the hell's a DUNT.

For the record, "And So I Know" is one of STP'S most under-rated songs.  I've never heard the sounds in there before.  

-Brando
"I was a SUPERMAN, but looks are deceiving."  - Scott Weiland

Tyrant

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »
Quote from: "BrandoKommando"
I've never noticed the whistle in "Plush".  Where is it in the song?

Quote from: "Tyrant"
6) The weird (and scary ;D ) whistle on Plush. Check it out at 3.23

:-
Can we really find
A lovely magic place we dream of?

"Well hell, sometimes it is difficult to take a shower with a broken heart" - Scott Weiland

SurfLoveMusic

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
ahhh, yes! hidden sounds in STP songs!!!
i've heard the whistle too, creepy idk hahha!
I Love You, So Much You Must Kill Me Now

netocr1

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:43:32 AM »
Love this thread!! ;D

In Only Dying (Mighty Joe Young) there's a lot of whispers from 4:43 - 5:25, I've always wonder what is it ???  ???
Anybody?
\"You want a STP? I\'ll give you your motherfuckin STP. I need a little bit from that motor oil, so

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
This isn't an STP song...but has anyone noticed that weird noise in Scott's cover of "Fame"? It almost sounds like someone laughing or like a dove or pigeon or something. It happens multiple times and you can hear it pretty clearly at 0:56 and 1:01.
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

fishy

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 03:48:31 AM »
Scott singing "Give it away now muther-fucker, now give---",

I always thought he was repeating "give it away"

Marsbars

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 07:31:38 AM »
Who yells out i broke a string on MC5
cause the world is colorblind

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »
Quote from: "netocr1"
Love this thread!! ;D

In Only Dying (Mighty Joe Young) there's a lot of whispers from 4:43 - 5:25, I've always wonder what is it ???  ???
Anybody?

I hear the whispering, and then it sounds like a priest yelling something about "JESUS IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR OF YOUR HEART TODAY" or something. I don't know!
Bleeda blooda

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 07:40:11 AM »
Quote from: "fishy"
Scott singing "Give it away now muther-fucker, now give---",

I always thought he was repeating "give it away"

Give it away is correct.
Bleeda blooda

JugeSTP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
there's also a pretty audible whistle on Meatplow

T-Bone

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
If you play the vinyl version of Tiny Music backwards it continually says, "Scott is Dead."  I'm guessing that this is from their heavy Beatles influence.  Just kidding by the way.  I couldn't resist!

NoMemory_Sin

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
Quote from: "netocr1"
Love this thread!! ;D

Anybody?

I hear the whispering, and then it sounds like a priest yelling something about "JESUS IS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR OF YOUR HEART TODAY" or something. I don't know!

I agree  8)

Quote from: "T-Bone"
If you play the vinyl version of Tiny Music backwards it continually says, "Scott is Dead."  I'm guessing that this is from their heavy Beatles influence.  Just kidding by the way.  I couldn't resist!

hahaha  :D
CORPORATE MEDIA STILL SUCK