September 20, 2024, 07:38:45 AM

Author Topic: 2008-12-13 - Universal City, CA - KROQ Acoustic Xmas  (Read 23385 times)

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-12-13 - Universal City, CA - KROQ Acoustic Xmas
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2008, 07:17:42 AM »
I wish I could hear most of what he was mumbling
The main stuff I remember was him talking about Obama
I was happy to see them appearing under Softdrive
But I know there's tons more of legal things they have to go through to leave Atlantic

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2008, 07:20:20 AM »
The Obama shit was lame.  Who does he think he is, Eddie Vedder?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2008, 07:21:27 AM »
This is going to sound strange maybe...but it seems like Scott uses different "voices" for whichever band he's singing with.

For instance, it took him several STP shows this summer to get out of his "VR" voice (especially on BBB)...

Now its like he's using his "SWB" voice...he just didn't have that STP Scott voice tonite.

BE...whaddya think???
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

Matthew

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:01 AM »
Quote from: "STPCreep"
But I know there's tons more of legal things they have to go through to leave Atlantic

The whole Softdrive thing, was that something he said? Or the Djs or did it come across the screen? I must have missed that.
STP: A bunch.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:40 AM »
it's over, no christmas song but we got an amazing free concert!!!! that was awesome!!!

Even I couldn't see a shit, the audio screwed before Plush and then anything was normal again, sometimes I lost the stereo, then it came back... then silence.. that was when I almost throw the pc out the window...but it came back just in time  ;D

Now I go to sleep, I don't know you guys, but here it's 4.20 a.m.

PS: I cried too, jaja! really... when they came up and during "Big bang baby it's a crash crash crash!" sorry, I had to, those moments were very very identical to the show they played here...
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2008, 07:29:07 AM »
I think I liked the interview with Rob and Eric more so than the actual concert. I don't know, this concert kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. Like something was missing...

Don't get me wrong, seeing STP live is an incredible thing all it's own, but I felt they just didn't deliver/play to their full potential. Oh well, it's not the NYE show yet, so I'm optimistic they'll destroy the stage that night.
Back for another one

JohnnyWuFei

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:57 AM »
I wish that they played Sour Girl. I'd love to have a quality recording of the way that they've been playing it.

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2008, 07:35:48 AM »
Quote from: "JohnnyWuFei"
I wish that they played Sour Girl. I'd love to have a quality recording of the way that they've been playing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WtGGJ56NYk
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.visualmediatrade.com
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2008, 07:39:01 AM »
I'm happy with the performance overall... but the sound was horrible... the levels crashed halfway thru the show and then everything went to hell following the intro of "Dead & Bloated" thru the 2nd verse in "Trippin'"... other than that, my rip of the show is phenomenal... I think what I'll do to resolve the issue is export the audio, lower the levels during the static and import the digital soundboards from the 2008 Pepsi Music show to create a matrix recording and then import the audio back in... should make for a nice dvd after the audio issue is resolved and the files are converted to mpeg2s then to vobs...

I often wonder what KROQ is thinking when they arrange the bands... why was "Rise Against" playing after Staind and AFI... they suck... and more importantly, who gives a f$#@ about The Offspring... they're a f$#@ing joke... so what, their debut album is the biggest selling indie album of all-time... SW & STP are legends, hall of famers, and more importantly my favorite band of all-time... and even worse, as I sit here watching their set to complete my rip of the show... their sound is much better then STP's... how can this happen... all that we want is a high quality proshot show of STP that contains an entire set... I guess Santa couldn't deliver this year... maybe transportation cost prevented him from getting out this way...

regards,

aH.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:51:12 AM by andrewivanhayes »

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:17 AM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"
This is going to sound strange maybe...but it seems like Scott uses different "voices" for whichever band he's singing with.

For instance, it took him several STP shows this summer to get out of his "VR" voice (especially on BBB)...

Now its like he's using his "SWB" voice...he just didn't have that STP Scott voice tonite.

BE...whaddya think???

DEFF!! ^^^ I think this was the 1st STP show since hes been on his solo tour so hes got to get used to singing back with his STP voice. Well, for free, I ain't bitching. i thought it was awesome.

JohnnyWuFei

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WtGGJ56NYk

Thank you for that.

Quote from: "andrewivanhayes"
I'm happy with the performance overall... but the sound was horrible... the levels crashed halfway thru the show and then everything went to hell following the intro of "Dead & Bloated" thru the 2nd verse in "Trippin'"... other than that, my rip of the show is phenomenal... I think what I'll do to resolve the issue is export the audio, lower the levels during the static and import the digital soundboards from the 2008 Pepsi Music show to create a matrix recording and then import the audio back in... should make for a nice dvd after the audio issue is resolved and the files are converted to mpeg2s then to vobs...

I often wonder what KROQ is thinking when they arrange the bands... why was "Rise Against" playing after Staind and AFI... they suck... and more importantly, who gives a f$#@ about The Offspring... they're a f$#@ing joke... so what, their debut album is the biggest selling indie album of all-time... SW & STP are legends, hall of famers, and more importantly my favorite band of all-time... and even worse, as I sit here watching their set to complete my rip of the show... their sound is much better then STP's... how can this happen... all that we want is a high quality proshot show of STP that contains an entire set... I guess Santa couldn't deliver this year... maybe transportation cost prevented him from getting out this way...

regards,

aH.

Sweet... really looking forward to that.

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2008, 07:57:05 AM »
Quote from: "Matthew"
Quote from: "STPCreep"

The whole Softdrive thing, was that something he said? Or the Djs or did it come across the screen? I must have missed that.

It came across the screen
It sucks that you couldn't see the video for a while but you got the most of it, right?

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2008, 07:59:50 AM »

the improv of "Sour Girl" from the recent tour was nice... he inserted lyrical potions of David Bowie's song "TVC 15" into the bridge of the song... it was nice...

"Oh my T V C one five, oh oh, T V C one five..."

regards,

aH.

andrewivanhayes

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
FYI - when the sound crashed, KROQ cut from the close-ups and shot distant footage from the front of the house... as a result, the soundboard from the 2008 Pepsi Music show can be imported during this period of technical difficulties that occured following the intro to "Dead & Bloated" and ended with the 2nd chorus of "Trippin'". Once Scott says "I am, I am..." the sound came back in and the close-up shots immediately followed. I actually have a soundboard recording from the 2008 Pepsi Music Festival and just played those 2 songs to the KROQ video footage and the timing of both performances is spot on. So in addition to not having to deal with the A/V sync issues that close-up footage can cause when importing an alternate  audio source, the performance timing is very similar, which will make the show appear normal from a home audience perspective.

regards,

aH.

Let me know if you're interested in trading STP video... I'm always looking for something that i do not have.

Here's the link to my trade list:    http://db.etree.org/andrewivanhayes

bcledfoot

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2008, 04:26:50 PM »
The set list is expected (to me anyway) with the line up.