October 02, 2024, 01:36:09 PM

Author Topic: Revolver Magazine - Ask Scott  (Read 10157 times)

STPCreep

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: STPgurls dreams come true!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 08:09:49 AM »
Quote from: "drynaski"
re-recording only dying? nice... but maybe they should just use the one they recorded for the crow, or at least the vocals from it

I absolutely agree.
I just think Scott's rough voice was perfect for that song.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 08:16:05 AM »
Awwww crap man I was JUST AT the bookstore today getting Q mag & I didn;t LOOK for Revolver because we had all been waiting... CRAP!!! Now I gotta go BACK to the bookstore for the 3rd time in 6 days... HAHAHAHA!! My own fault. I should have looked here before I left my house... Dammmmit Jim!!!

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
Quote from: "Stp74"
The ask Scott a question article for Revolver mag is in the new issue.  Just got mine in the mail today.  A couple tidbits from it.  Its a three page article.  One regular size pic of Scott & serveral smaller ones.  There will be a new STP album.  The deal with Atlantic is the obstacle wich we all knew.  He is working on his biography but really only gets a chance on downtime from the tours so it's taking longer.  They actually have thought about re-recording "only dying".  He thinks it would be a great song.  And now for the grand finale.....stpgurls question got answered!!!!!  As for the question, Boxers or Briefs, Scotts answer is......................NOTHING!!!!!!!  On a tight schedule right now.  Not sure if this would be posted on relolvers site or not.
We need a scan!  It'd be great to hear a new Only Dying, it would be a radio hit if released as one of the singles on the next album..

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
Someone please scan it... I need to read that  ;D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
Just release the version from The Crow soundtrack. His voice now just won't do it any justice.
Back for another one

HeavenandHotrods87

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
I agree, just use the vocals from The Crow soundtrack. Scott is a great singer but he couldn't pull this song off vocally now.

UnclePeppi

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
I don't know, I feel like his voice on Headspace from Contraband is very similar to the Only Dying/Wicked Garden voice. He might be able to pull it off. Or better yet, improve it.

drynaski

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 08:56:17 PM »
Yeah... true, but if he has a shot at nailing it like we all want him to then he's gotta take a break, a long break... in fact although a part of me wants a STP album as soon as possible, I'd prefer Scott to take some huge rest and let his chops recover after touring straight through from October 2007 until now. (VR -> STP -> Solo)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
That's funny as hell.  Somebody should post scans.  Haha.

Even funnier?  It's a question I've asked - and had answered - before.  lol.  About ten years ago in an online chat.  Actually, I remember Mr. Sean Conrad being not very happy with me about it - telling me that people had "serious" questions they wanted to ask.  

This just proves, as I always suspected, that Scott likes talking to people about how he doesn't wear underpants.   :)   I'm fine with that.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 01:40:44 AM »
Ok.... this JUST came out a week or so ago?? What month does it say on the cover, or whos on it? I just went to the bookstore today & I didn't see Scott in it at all. Im glad I looked through it all the way, I would have been pissed to get home & nothing was in it....
How could it already be a new issue? It said March on the ones I found on the shelf.

ANYONE got scans of this so we can at least read it if not have it in our hot little hands??

weilandfan

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 02:40:46 AM »
Never mind.

I found the right issue today. I am less cranky now.

GO JESSIE!!! You & your question!! Too cool!! I couldn't wait to text you & tell you I found it!!!

xoxoxoxox

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 04:00:41 AM »
Quote from: "weilandfan"
Ok.... this JUST came out a week or so ago?? What month does it say on the cover, or whos on it? I just went to the bookstore today & I didn't see Scott in it at all. Im glad I looked through it all the way, I would have been pissed to get home & nothing was in it....
How could it already be a new issue? It said March on the ones I found on the shelf.

ANYONE got scans of this so we can at least read it if not have it in our hot little hands??

I got a subscription to the mag so I probably get the new issue a few days before it hits newstands.  Anyways, I was going to post scans & such but my damn computer crashed & havent been online for awhile.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
I still need the scans...  :)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »
So..who is on the cover??
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
Mel said last night that Lamb of God is on the cover.

I'm going to swing by Borders tonight and see if I can't hunt down a copy.  If I do, I'll post scans sometime tomorrow.   :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!