September 30, 2024, 10:30:12 AM

Author Topic: naked sunday  (Read 8899 times)

lunacy

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lunacy__
naked sunday
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »
i'm not sure where exactly where to put this (dumbass)
but something caught my interest.

the other day ago i tried searching the lyrics for naked sunday,
but every single site has incomplete lyrics.
the last verse is always missing. (an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth etc)

i don't really know what i want to say with this though, just something that i wanted to share lol.
but yeah, what's the deal with this?

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
Re: naked sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:47:48 PM »
Many, many, many songs are incomplete...and it's a complication to me  :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

STP92

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Don't let the living die yet!
    • View Profile
Re: naked sunday
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 04:21:58 AM »
They're probably not there because it's just Weiland yelling them, not really singing them.

wickedgarden23

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Naked Sunday Lyrics
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 04:53:18 AM »
I was just listening to Naked Sunday and remembered a couple questions I've always wanted to know the answers to ever since I first started listening to Core. My questions are:

In the booklet, it says the lyrics are "and when all is over and we return to dust" which makes sense, but to me it doesn't sound anything like "return to dust." I always thought it sounded more like "with a hand of just."

Also, in the booklet it just says "angst" for the parts where Scott is singing "ahh woahh" and stuff...does it say "angst" in the booklet because the "ahh woahh" is supposed to "represent" the feeling of angst?

I know those questions are pretty pointless and picky, but I've always been curious to know if I'm the only one who's ever wondered those things before.

I also don't think what Scott says at the ending of Crackerman is what people tend to say it is but I'll save that discussion for another day...
My STP shows: 8/10/2008, 7/19/2009, 10/10/2009, 5/22/2010, 4/26/2011, 4/24/2015   Weiland solo: 1/29/2009, 11/29/2012, 3/13/2015    VR: 8/5/2007

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Naked Sunday Lyrics
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:25 AM »
::)  >_<

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:50:32 AM »
i've always found mistakes in cd booklets in everything from incubus cds to linkin park cds (yea i was into them way back when i thought they were cool), i've just chalked it up to either just a flat out misprint, or that the lyric book was printed before the final recordings, and the lyrics were altered in the time between
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »
The lyrics are:

When all is over and we return to dust/
Who will be my judge and which one do I trust?

While it MAY sound like "hand of just" - there's no such thing as a "hand of just."  That's just a case of misheard lyrics (like when my sister thought the line was "Wheeeeen the dogs DIVIDE her").

Scott has always written his lyrics as poetry, IMO.  The "Angst" that appears in the CD insert, I believe, is just that.  I don't believe it's a misprint of mistake by any stretch of the mind.

Quote from: "wickedgarden23"
I also don't think what Scott says at the ending of Crackerman is what people tend to say it is but I'll save that discussion for another day...

Cori (and a few others) will still agrue with me, but:
Sun cracks/Mud flaps/Dust blowin' in my eyes/I'm a roamin...    :)
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QEWLpELM9M

SMOKE TRACKS!!!!!  ha ha listen at like 3:39!!!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

smoke tracks makes a lot more sense in context...
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 03:55:43 AM »
If you read the liner notes for Purple, he says "throw a tak" and wtf is a tak? He just spelled it wrong.

Aaaaaaaaaand in the Happy In Galoshes liner notes, I noticed they did a your instead of a you're. Which is my biggest pet peeve. I hate hate hate it when people don't know whether to use your or you're. It's not rocket science....
Bleeda blooda

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 04:58:49 AM »
Quote from: "Slither"
Quote from: "CMCracker"

smoke tracks makes a lot more sense in context...

I always thought it was smoke tracks.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"
If you read the liner notes for Purple, he says "throw a tak" and wtf is a tak? He just spelled it wrong.

Aaaaaaaaaand in the Happy In Galoshes liner notes, I noticed they did a your instead of a you're. Which is my biggest pet peeve. I hate hate hate it when people don't know whether to use your or you're. It's not rocket science....

Out of curiosity - is the misspelled "you're" also handwritten?  Obviously, all of the liner notes from Purple are in Scotty's own handwriting - there are also places in HIG  where his writing appears.  Just wondering if someone missed the misspelling in editing, or if Scott's just a bad speller.   :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
Quote from: "andrew"

Out of curiosity - is the misspelled "you're" also handwritten?  Obviously, all of the liner notes from Purple are in Scotty's own handwriting - there are also places in HIG  where his writing appears.  Just wondering if someone missed the misspelling in editing, or if Scott's just a bad speller.   :D

It's typed like someone didn't edit that good. I'm not sure where the liner notes are right now, but I think it's on Arch Angel. When he's like "now I find out your a super hero reborn."

And I'm not sure if it's just the deluxe edition or if it's on the single disc edition too.
Bleeda blooda

Suffer_Long

• Super Magic Robot
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »
I forgot about that Angst thing, I always thought that was cool.  I haven't looked at the booklet in a long time.  I agree with STPGurl- Scott just found it more appropriate to write down the emotion instead of AAaaaaAAAaaa OOOOooooOOOO.

Side note:  I've decided to refrain from all debates on the Crackerman thing.  ;D
Sin make me strong.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »
Quote from: "Suffer_Long"
Side note:  I've decided to refrain from all debates on the Crackerman thing.  ;D

You might be better off =)  Did u listen to the clip though?  It was plain as day!! Smoke tracks
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫