August 06, 2024, 08:31:17 PM

Author Topic: 2008-12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance  (Read 19333 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 -12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
i thought she was your girl or something till jessie explained she wasn't with you. HA HA
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »
I'll post my pictures and videos in a couple days.

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »

One more, notice our shirt laying on the stage, ha, ha ;D .

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2008, 07:41:59 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
i thought she was your girl or something till jessie explained she wasn't with you. HA HA

Tony said I should have smacked her on the ass. Apparently, she was inviting me.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

lazydivey

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
stp chris--

you're probably preaching to the wrong crowd--this is a fan-atic site!  but i agree with your review of the show.  as a performance, it sucked.  weiland's "incoherent ranting" really sucked the life out of the show--and made the set seem a lot longer than it was.  i mean, they played for like an hour, but it felt like an eternity.  i really had no issue with the performance of the songs--but those in between moments really make or break the performance aspect of a show, at least for me.  and weiland failed miserably.  it's like he wants to annoy people.  even his band members just put their heads down when he starts!  at the end of the show, i felt like he totally dissed chicago with his "especially in THIS city" rant.  what a dick!  even i felt like boo-ing at that point.  i don't ever remember paying to see a musician who then turns on his crowd--and from the sounds of the St. Louis show, it appears this isn't an isolated case.  
but on a good note, i'm happy i got to see him solo.  and actually, i did get something out of one of those rants--which i'll probably repeat for the rest of my life:  "Fuck art.  Let's fart."  Now if he was saying shit like that all night--I would have paid just to hear the rants!!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"

One more, notice our shirt laying on the stage, ha, ha ;D .

:o
keep trying!!! keep trying!!!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2008, 03:05:49 PM »
After reading some reviews from writers and some fans that know who Scott is and what he's about and NOT just people like us that post regularly and are FANatics, I'm glad I didn't go out into the blizzard for this show. I saw the two TV appearances and read reviews of shows and it seems like I'd walk away pissed off if I saw him again...

It still shows that most people here are blinded by whatever Mr. Weiland used to be and still feel like he can't do any wrong. A good friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of all of Weiland's work went to the HOB for this show and he walked away disappointed, sad and a little angry. He also said that many people were angry and let down by what was going on on stage. Outside of what you read here on this board, it seems many have the same viewpoint of Scott. I have a feeling this will be Scott's last tour and I can't help but feel like he should just concentrate on being a Daddy.
Take it.

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »
Quote from: "Vaporized"
It still shows that most people here are blinded by whatever Mr. Weiland used to be and still feel like he can't do any wrong. A good friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of all of Weiland's work went to the HOB for this show and he walked away disappointed, sad and a little angry. He also said that many people were angry and let down by what was going on on stage. Outside of what you read here on this board, it seems many have the same viewpoint of Scott. I have a feeling this will be Scott's last tour and I can't help but feel like he should just concentrate on being a Daddy.

I was satisfied with his solo effort. I was dissapointed in the STP tour because of Scott's performance. This time around, I FELT he did a much better job. He still rambled between songs and whatnot, but that didn't take away from the performance for me. He looked healthier then he did in May. That was my first concern. I was happy to see him moving around stage like the old Weiland. Was it still the same Scott Weiland performance from the prime years in STP? No. I never said it was. If anyone tried to measure up those performances to today, then they probably will be disappointed. It's all about perception.

I remember your little situation in May when you wanted to give up your tickets because of the one television performance. That's fine, and your entitled to do that. But to say that all of us are 'blinded' by Scott and his antics is a bunch of hogwash. I am not blinded by anything he does. He's pissed me off plenty of time. But, I just don't write him off and stop listening to his music or watch him perform. I just don't take it real personal. I got plenty of other bullshit to worry about. You may not feel that he is what he used to be, and that's fine. You are entitled to that.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
[YouTube] Scott Weiland - Q101 Radio Interview
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBo85JGgdw

that was cruel you cant put a camera on his face and put him on the spot like that when you know he cant talk well!! lol
If you only knew..

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2008, 11:52:58 PM »
Amen brother!!

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland on stp :we wanna make records
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2008, 04:19:02 AM »
nice.

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2008, 05:15:35 AM »
Not the best quality but some are not bad.

"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 05:27:32 AM »
I'm still mad at you and Jessie for not calling me and putting the cell up to so I can hear, like Jessie said you would.

HMPH!

(Nice pics though!)

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2008, 05:57:22 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I'm still mad at you and Jessie for not calling me and putting the cell up to so I can hear, like Jessie said you would.

HMPH!

(Nice pics though!)
OMG my dude I swear we did you and Mel no reception in that place at all. When we left our phones were blowing up from backed up txts and missed calls.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,