September 09, 2024, 10:14:02 PM

Author Topic: 2008-12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance  (Read 20624 times)

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 -12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »
Rik...feel free to put these where u want

♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »
Me(CMCRACKER) Jessie(stpgurl) Tony(creep2) Scott(Loungefly611) Christie(chrisie1991)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

VegasCrackerman

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "so much depends on the weather"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »
Cool pics!  I really dig the BBM bubble FX, and the blue xmas lights are pretty sweet too...

Did you toss SW a BG shirt?
2016 Concerts:
6/3 Vanilla Ice
6/8 The Cure
6/25 Public Enemy

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »
Yay pictures! I'll have to look at these when I get home!

I forgot to post the other reason I went to the show last night. Eagles of Death Metal. They ROCKED. Fun, live, and energetic set. Here is what they played from what I remember:

I Only Want You
Speaking in Tongues
So Easy
Bad Dream Mama
Whorehoppin' (Shit, Goddamn)
Who'll Kiss the Devil
Don't Speak (I Came to Make a Bang!)
I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)
Cherry Cola
Wannabe in L.A.
Secret Plans
Now I'm a Fool
Heart On

Not in that order.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »
Quote from: "VegasCrackerman"
Cool pics!  I really dig the BBM bubble FX, and the blue xmas lights are pretty sweet too...

Did you toss SW a BG shirt?
We totally tossed him a shirt and it was on the stage for like 50% of the show..he picked it up at the end like it was a rat and tossed it back into the audience...christie has it though

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
Hey everybody, new to the board, but I've been visiting this site for years. I was at the Chicago show last night, and I must say I was a little disappointed. I've seen STP and Velvet Revolver a handful of times, and I must say, if it wasn't for Doug Green, the whole show would have fallen apart. Seems to me that he kind of rangles the rest of them so that things don't get out of control. I don't know about everyone else, but it really makes me sad to see Scott slowly falling apart...the incoherent ranting and the 2 minute pauses have got to stop. He may not be on drugs anymore, but I kind of look at it as the Ozzy  effect...just because you've stopped your substance abuse, doesn't me you haven't fried some circuits. There were really good parts in the show. The cover of The Flaming lips was great as was Big Black Monster and mockingbird girl...but the wow factors were few and far between. I was just watching an old vidoe on youtube, "The making of the Sour Girl video." It's like night and day watching him now. I'm just saying my peace, but I've been a fan since Core, and it just sucks seeing your favorite musician on a bad path.

stpchris

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »
P.S. My friend was the guy who grabbed your shirt at the end of the show, but gave it back...he didn't realize you made it for Scott. Sorry about that!

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »
Sweet Unglued.
adhesive love

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 02:52:03 AM »
I agree with Loungefly(Scott) and Cori's review.  It was such a blast, we were right on the rail in front of Doug.  First of all, Scott looked the best I've seen him all year.  Cori, Jessie and I could barely contain ourselves (especially when he unbuttoned his shirt).  I thought performance wise he sounded really good.  LOVED Unglued, that was such an awesome surprise!!  Though I was definitely worried about him, he was not sober.  Like Cori said, he climbed up on some speakers towards the end of the show hanging on one of the banners.  I think all of us girls were holding our breath hoping he wouldn't fall.  He did grab my hand and I am never gonna wash it again (j/k).  Doug leaned in with his guitar and let me and a few other people "play" it.  At end of the set before he came out for his encore Scott looked pissed off about something and threw the mic down.  Does anyone know what was up with that?  He took the shirt we made him and threw it back out in the crowd.  Oh well.  (No problem about the shirt stpChris :D  )

It was really fun to meet up with everyone from the board.  Hopefully it won't be the last time.  The pictures turned out really good!!

I loved Eagle of Death Metal.  I really didn't know anything about them before last night.  They were not only entertaining, they rocked hard!!  What album should I get Scott?

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2008, 07:33:09 AM »
Alright - I just wrote a huge review and it got deleted.  So, quickly:

Scott dry humped a speaker.  I got to play Doug's guitar.  UNGLUED!!  He looked at our shirt like it was a bomb, then barely touched it and flung it back.  We were crushed.  To the sweetie that returned it - *smooootch*

Show was awesome.  It was killer finally meeting everyone.  Without Cori's gum, I probably wouldn't be here today:  that fart seriously almost killed me.  That guy should have been shot right then and there.

We have pictures, and will post them tomorrow.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

down

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »
Whoa! Unglued!
I am keeping my fingers crossed for Cool Kiss. and Where's the Man. But fuck, UNGLUED. I can't wait to see him in concert.
All that first class jet-set brings me down, down down,
All that first class drug shit brings me down...

kilter

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008, 07:46:31 AM »
unglued!! amazing. I am going to go troll youtube and see if there's anything from this show.

Too bad about the shirt!! Didn't he see what was on it??

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
he paused as we held it up and read it before we threw it up there

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
JESSIE-you're killing me, LMAO!!  How could I have forgotten about Scott dry humping the speaker (actually I might have gotten a picture of it)?  and the fart, haha.  I thought you were going to kick that guy's ass!!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Without Cori's gum, I probably wouldn't be here today:  that fart seriously almost killed me.

What amused me more is how LOUD you were when you screamed out, 'So who shit their pants? I know somebody SHIT THERE PANTS!' I think most of the crowd heard you because A LOT of people were laughing. I made me realize that you are just as much as a smart ass in person as you are on the boards  :D

What about his friend though? Thanks to her, I got a free lap dance for most of the night  ;D
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..