September 17, 2024, 06:56:12 AM

Author Topic: 2008-12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance  (Read 20920 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: 2008 -12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »
Haha.  Tony and I aren't big drinkers - at all.  I can't even tell you the last time I had a sip of anything alcoholic.

The last concert I got drunk at, was Better Than Ezra about five or six years ago.  It was at something called Wings on the West Bank - which was a lot like a rib burnoff, but with chicken wings.  Delicious.  Anyway, you had to buy tickets for food and drinks, etc.  Obviously, I was under the impression that I'd be able to eat about 1000 wings, because even after I was full, I had more tickets than I knew what to do with.  So... I started buying shots of tequila and drinking (*gag* Mikes Hard Lemonade).  It was a disasterous night - I told anyone (and everyone) that would listen that I was "one" with the music (LMAO), responded to anything anyone said with "I'm my own person," then lit a joint in the parking lot on the way to the car.  I passed out on the ride home and woke up in bed with my shoes on.   :-[

Booze + Weiland = Certain arrest.  It really isn't a good idea.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
LMAO!!  "At one with the music," that sounds like something I would say when I'm drunk!!

I really have a weird feeling that something special is going to happen that night, hopefully it's not one of us going to jail!! :D   Dennis and I don't drink much anymore either.  I really only drink when I go out which isn't much.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I really have a weird feeling that something special is going to happen that night.

Oh, it's going to happen.  And it's not going to be us going to jail (well... maybe Cori) - that feeling is because we ARE getting our hands on Weiland that night.  And he's GOING to like it.

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
I really have a weird feeling that something special is going to happen that night.

Oh, it's going to happen.  And it's not going to be us going to jail (well... maybe Cori) - that feeling is because we ARE getting our hands on Weiland that night.  And he's GOING to like it.
can't wait what do you think he will open with?
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
I'm thinking Missing Cleveland?

I just called HOB and they said GA does line up outside.  If you purchase their "special package" you get reserved seating at the venue.  $50 you get a barstool, $75 guaranteed 50ft away from the stage, $100 overlooks the stage.  The $ goes towards the cost of dinner.  I don't mind eating there but I'd rather take my chances outside in line I think.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 09:04:21 PM »

I just called HOB and they said GA does line up outside.  If you purchase their "special package" you get reserved seating at the venue.  $50 you get a barstool, $75 guaranteed 50ft away from the stage, $100 overlooks the stage.  The $ goes towards the cost of dinner.  I don't mind eating there but I'd rather take my chances outside in line I think.

Hmmm.... what will he open with?  Give me seven days to come up with an answer to that one.  I'm going to have to hear the whole album before I make some kind of guess about that.  But... if we're going with what we've got so far..."Blind Confusion" or "Big Black Monster" would be a great way to get the party started.

I'm with you, Christie.  I'm totally down for food, but don't really care where that comes from.  I'm going to freeze my little ass off in that line outside.  Because NO ONE is getting in front of me this time, dammit.   :P

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »
Hmmm.... what will he open with?  Give me seven days to come up with an answer to that one.  I'm going to have to hear the whole album before I make some kind of guess about that.  But... if we're going with what we've got so far..."Blind Confusion" or "Big Black Monster" would be a great way to get the party started.

Those would be cool openers!  I'm willing to bet he'll not pick the obvious choices.  I bet he opens this tour with Missing Cleveland, or one of the slower tempo songs (a la the Big Empty opener).  Still It'd be cool to be proven wrong.

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I thought maybe he would come out rocking with Big Black Monster but I am sure it will be a slower song like Missing Cleveland.

Those would be cool openers!  I'm willing to bet he'll not pick the obvious choices.  I bet he opens this tour with Missing Cleveland, or one of the slower tempo songs (a la the Big Empty opener).  Still It'd be cool to be proven wrong.
Agreed
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:11:59 PM »

General Admission for all shows line up outside. If you buy a meal BEFORE the show, they let you move to the front.

I always wondered how those people bought those stools. I usually sit on them before they kick me off. Usually the people are nice and let me sit there after awhile. The bar area can get crowded. Good view of the stage though.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 10:13:17 PM »
I don't drink much at concerts for the same reason.  I'm older and wiser now. ;D

Oh boo hoo! One drink during the show won't kill you!  >:D

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 10:26:08 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I don't drink much at concerts for the same reason.  I'm older and wiser now. ;D

Oh boo hoo! One drink during the show won't kill you!  >:D

Dammit - we're all doing a shot and that's the end of that.  I'm 99.9% sure what Scott meant by "one drink won't kill you" is "I'm buying."   ;D

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 10:31:19 PM »
I didn't say I WOULDN'T drink, just not a lot like the old days during the show.  ;D  Hell Scott, if you're buying, I'll do some shots!!  

Now after the concert, I'll be ready for drinking!!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 11:31:15 PM »
LOL i didn'in lt say no alcohol i said not to the point where i am contemplating pissing my pants vs waiting in line for the bathroom
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:13 AM »
^^^exactly what she said!!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 10:19:22 PM »
I didn't say I WOULDN'T drink, just not a lot like the old days during the show.  ;D  Hell Scott, if you're buying, I'll do some shots!!  

Now after the concert, I'll be ready for drinking!!

Some of us have to work the next day  >:(

Dammit. I should just call off for Friday.