September 09, 2024, 10:18:13 PM

Author Topic: 2008-12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance  (Read 20627 times)

Ivy

• Administrator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
2008-12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
Discuss about this show here.
Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: 2008 -12-18 - Chicago, IL - Q101 Radio Appearance
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »
34 More Days!!
Weiland one week before Christmas!   ;D   ;D   ;D

Tony and I are going to be making the drive from Cleveland on Wednesday after work.  We invited ourselves to stay with my best girlfriend, who just moved to the windy city.  I bought her ticket, since she's being kind enough to let us stay - and the three of us are stoked about the show!

I'll be there, wearing my pink Scott Weiland Bad Girls Club T-shirt.  I'll be the crazy bitch in the front row hopping around like an asshole and screaming.  I am so very much looking forward to meeting some of you guys (Cori, Scott, Christie, and ?Deniece? !!) - we're going to have an awesome fucking time!

How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
It shall be a fabulous time. Scottie and the Eagles of Death Metal. Kick ass! Glad you and Tony are making the trip out.

So who's bringing the camera so we can post our pretty faces all over the website?
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
It shall be a fabulous time. Scottie and the Eagles of Death Metal. Kick ass! Glad you and Tony are making the trip out.

So who's bringing the camera so we can post our pretty faces all over the website?

:'(  My camera has been broken for more than six months.  It's still under warrenty, but it's been a total mental block with me - I keep forgetting to send it in!!

I guess we aren't supposed to bring cameras in - "no photography" - but I plan on crotching a disposable camera, anyway.  What's the worst thing that can happen - they'll take away my $10 throw-away?  Boo-hoo.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:19:29 PM »
I am bringing a camera too...this trip needs to be documented lol
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:20:20 PM »
I can't wait!!!  We'll probably be there (in Chicago) around 2:00ish on Thursday.  Try to check into the hotel, eat and get to the HOB by 4.  Unless you guys think we should get there earlier.  I want to be front row baby!!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I can't wait!!!  We'll probably be there (in Chicago) around 2:00ish on Thursday.  Try to check into the hotel, eat and get to the HOB by 4.  Unless you guys think we should get there earlier.  I want to be front row baby!!
I heard if u make reservations and eat there u can stay in there....maybe we should ALL eat together or something
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:41 AM »
That would be perfect!!  I wasn't looking forward to waiting in a line outside for hours!!  Maybe I'll try to call this week and check out what the deal is.  I still need to make my hotel reservations.  Anyone know anything about the Allerton?  I think that was the name.  It was only $98/night and looked nice online.

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 04:49:32 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
I heard if u make reservations and eat there u can stay in there....maybe we should ALL eat together or something

I am totally down for that!  We'll definately be getting there early (this will be my fouth dose of Weiland this year, and if I'm not front row at least once, I'll fucking DIE) - but I was going to suggest that all us nut-jobs meet up and grab some food before the show.  Duh - everyone knows you can't have Weiland on a empty stomach.

I've never eaten at the HOB before, though I've been told they have a pretty decent menu and that their Sunday brunces are awesome.  Whatever.  Keep me updated - this sounds like a good plan.   ;D

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »
Silly girl,  I'll take care of my BG's.  This will be my 5th dose of Weiland this year and have been front row every time!!

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 08:58:43 PM »
Silly girl,  I'll take care of my BG's.  This will be my 5th dose of Weiland this year and have been front row every time!!

Haha, that's funny because Tony and I were joking around the other night about getting there late.  I said "Oh, that won't be a big deal.  I'll just be like CHRISTIE!  CORI!  SCOTT!" and then I'll push everyone out of my way and stand by you nuts.   ;D

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"

Yes, that is true. I ate one time before I went to see Alter Bridge. You don't necessarily have to make reservations. You eat before the show. Show the security dude your receipt, and they will push you to the front of the line.

I like the idea about meeting up beforehand because I tend to hang around the bar during the show. I like to drink a little  ;D
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 11:34:52 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"

Haha, that's funny because Tony and I were joking around the other night about getting there late.  I said "Oh, that won't be a big deal.  I'll just be like CHRISTIE!  CORI!  SCOTT!" and then I'll push everyone out of my way and stand by you nuts.   ;D
If it is general admission like I think it is there will be no problem getting in the front with the BelowEmpty Crew.
 >:D can't wait it is going to be so much fun and we all should go out to eat Jessie will pay. Lol :D
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »
We get there early and eat go out in chi town and play..show up together and get right in cuz we have a dinner reciept and protect each other front row center....

I never drink much at concerts because then u have to pee and miss stuff...plus if we r close enough i will be thinking about nothing but our boy on stage =)

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »
I don't drink much at concerts for the same reason.  I'm older and wiser now. ;D   I have to tell you that I saw STP in 2000 but unfortunately I was so wasted all I remember is that Scott was awesome and they blew away the RHCP.  Unfortunately that's the extent of the details.  I did remember the other night I threw up in the limo on the way home.  Nice huh.  It kills me now, that I missed Scotty in his prime.

I am however looking forward to going to the bars AFTER the show!!

I'm getting more and more EXCITED!!!