September 20, 2024, 03:47:19 AM

Author Topic: How can I meet Scott?  (Read 19473 times)

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Don't try and wait to meett scott after the show
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
Also most musicians after their shows are completely spent after busting out every ounce of energy on stage. Their first priority unless they made plans is get the hell back to the hotel to chill and wind down.
 Don't be devastated for him blowing by you guys outside in sub-zero weather in downtown Detroit at night. That's probably one of the worst places for anybody to be meeting and talking to strangers.
 Better odds would be to try and bump into him before the show or like a radio station and places where theyre doing these little acoustic pre-shows.
  Hawk.

ZhaoShu

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/zhao_shu
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
hmmm... some things are better in your mind that in real life...
if you wait for hours and hours... you will likely feel let down that performers are just regualr guys... and really tired after shows... ready to get on the bus and chill out... groups of people yelling for their attention get really old really fast... annoying even.
we all are blessed to be able to hear the gifts of the performers we like... why cant that be enough? why do people feel entitled to a personal exchange???

... my two cents.

p.s. in my own experience... Scott has been very kind, humble and engaging with his fans when I have been present to witness it first hand.

born2boogie

• *Happy Dancer*
  • Contributors
  • Pilot
  • Keep Smiling ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Weiland Fans Online
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2009, 07:18:41 PM »
I've waited last time when VR was over and it was my 1st and only time I'll ever wait around to meet Scott, Never Again! it was march and bloody cold in Scotland I'd been on my feet standing from 1.00pm until I think about 12.30am I couldn't feel my hands or feet but that being said it was nice to meet the other band members.. who did have the time of day of fans

Scott did sign some stuff on the bus that a few fans gived the security guy
but when he came out he didn't stop and onces on the bus wouldn't take anymore..  :'(  I missed out coz I wasn't chatting with the security guy

I think it also come down to how well the security do there job of keeping arists/bands and fans happy.. on this night there was about 25+ fans and ONE RAIL  :o so that ment fans where pushing it was so stupied.. no wounder he didn't stop  ::)

I've met other bands and it was very well done, no pushing in line and quick happy exprence

but as someone says above try in the summer time when its nice and warm and look at it as a bounes if you get to meet your idol but its not the end of the world if you don't.. more so when its Scott that is your idol  :D  coz we all know he is shy and not always up for it and he has been in this game for years so I guess it must get like... seen it... done it... got the t-shirt

who know?  :-

p,s to say they don't owe us anything more than the show.. yes this is true but I thought all this fan stuff comes part with the job,
when you want to sing or play in a band part of the enjoyment is seeing your fans

gug.... I'm done  ::)
Why surrender this way I feel so raped just like an open book that no one wants to read. Don't turn away.. :'(

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
Well I went to the SF show last night and was considering seeing if Scott would come out afterwards and I don't think he did but one of his guitarists walked by and Doug Green came out in front of the entrance about 20 mins after the show as over and not many were around at that time. I had the chance to approach  and share a few kinds words with him. He was nice. That was a cool moment.   8)

ZhaoShu

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/zhao_shu
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
yeah :) Doug is AWESOME!

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »
Douglas IS awesome!! ;)  Hes so kind & he's a funny guy. Glad so many of you have got to meet him on this tour & see it for yourself. He RULES!!  ;D

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: How can I meet Scott?
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N03FhvCZuZ8

Does this count?
Every little thing counts, plus he looked at your camera ;)
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
Well, I took it on my cell phone and when I posted it to YouTube, the audio sounded like a robot jerking off.

The only thing Scott said when I "met" him was, "Does anyone know where uhhhhhh..." and someone replied, "Where what is?!" He was swaying back and forth pretty bad.

And yeah, he was scanning the group of 8-10 people that were there and then held his glance at me and I freaked out and put the phone down..... ahhh.... I wish I could relive that.  8)
Stone Temple Pilots: 5.20.08, 8.22.10, 7.19.11, 8.10.11, 9.7.11

Purple

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2011, 04:28:13 AM »
When i met scott starting dead and bloated he was very fluent and was completely there.  He was totally sober.  Sorry if this doesnt make too much sense.  Kinda drunk :)

May 17th 2008
July 8th 2009
August 25th 2010
July 19th 2011
September 13th 2011(cancelled day of)

Sad Daisy Girl

• Danielle
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »