September 19, 2024, 06:45:38 PM

Author Topic: Fame  (Read 12257 times)

happygirl

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Fame
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 04:06:56 AM »
I like this song! It's a different side of Scott. And I'll take any side, we can get!  :)
So one and one and one make three
                                  And it changed

STPaul

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 02:11:01 AM »
I'd buy a cd of Scott reading a phone book...but this song does not float my boat.  Eek.

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 03:59:05 AM »
When I heard the 30 second clip on amazon I thought this was going to be the most skipped track, but I LOVE IT!!  Not a bowie fan at all but I like this song(definitely more than the original)  PLUS It's funny to hear my 22 month old singing FFAAAAMMMEEE from the back seat HA HA
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:19 PM »
1) Fame reminds me a bit of Scott and DJ Hurricane's cover of "We Will Rock You."  It has that vibe.  Maybe it should have been on the bonus disc.

2) I am glad Scott did not cover "The Man Who Sold The World" because he does not need anymore "rip-off" tags thrown at him - which he would no doubt get because Nirvana already covered.  Also, the song is perfect and should not be covered because no one can top it... kind of like "Paint It Black."

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »
CM Cracker - where did you get your icon pic from?  I was hoping for a regular sized JPEG...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »
the whole booklet is here =)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3932&hilit=scanned
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STPfan2300

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 02:43:05 AM »
This is by far the most irrelevant song on the album. I think Scott would have NAILED Man Who Sold the World and done it way better than Cobain.  And I second the fact that tat whole Nirvana Unplugged show was like a public funeral.  It is a great performance but people immortalize it because Cobain died soon after.  If Cobain did a decent job covering Man Who Sold the World, Scott would've blown it out of the water.
12/5- Scott Weiland @ The Fillmore
1/24- Scott Weiland @ Starland
1/25- The Killers @ MSG

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 08:19:02 PM »
Anyone heard Duran Duran's version?  It's not bad.  Yes, I just mentioned Duran Duran on an STP board.

guitarbutt

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
hate the original but i LOVE this one.  very cool beat

stpnj2008

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2008, 02:52:00 AM »
I was a bit skeptical before I heard it, but I gotta say that its one of the biggest surprises for me on the album. Great vocals & beat.

Vasoline*Val

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/valvixin
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »
Quote from: "Album 2 Track 5"
I love it.. doesn't even sound like him though

funny that you say that.. my friend called me up one night all excited with the relization... he was like ' omg Val i JUST now relized that its scott singing fame!.. it does not even sound like him .. " i was like yea its amazing isn't ? he goes " yea totally sounds like BOwie its inncrediable" lol
If you should die before me ask if you could bring a friend, pick a flower hold your breath and drif

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »
Quote from: "Vasoline*Val"
Quote from: "Album 2 Track 5"
I love it.. doesn't even sound like him though

funny that you say that.. my friend called me up one night all excited with the relization... he was like ' omg Val i JUST now relized that its scott singing fame!.. it does not even sound like him .. " i was like yea its amazing isn't ? he goes " yea totally sounds like BOwie its inncrediable" lol

Sorry to bring up a way old post, but had to share this....my buddy came over that I havent seen forever and I was jamming to fame.  He thought it was Bowie the whole time.  He even asked if Bowie remade it with a different beat etc.  I  told him hell no it's Weiland.  He didnt believe me til I showed him the cd. (he doesnt really keep up with music these days, so he didnt know he had another solo cd out).

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »
not a bad cover but it just doesnt fit the album
If you only knew..

Virgojams

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2009, 08:35:51 PM »
Well anyone who is a long time STP/Scott Weiland fan knows that if you hear a song by Scott and it doesn't even sound like him....shouldn't be too surprised. I remember how blown away I was the first day Purple came out in 94. When I popped in that CD and was expecting to hear a Core like voice only to be blown out of the water how different his voice was, I was simply amazed! Till this day he's still making songs and having his voice sound like nothing we have heard before! How awesome is that!

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gBWMo0XEi3M

some of fame live in milwaukee