September 19, 2024, 11:42:09 PM

Author Topic: Tangle with Your Mind  (Read 27062 times)

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
Re: "Tangle With Your Mind" Video Coming Soon
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »
That's awesome! We could use another video. I had hoped for another song though
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
.  You seem to think Scott only likes Softdrive and his solo career, he likes doing that AND STP, he has even said in interviews he loves being able to do both.  It's got to be incredibly creatively fulfilling.

Of course he is going to say that!  I believe that as much as I would love for them to be their old selves, i think too much has happened, and the tours and the new album are being done just for the money....
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Slither

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »
Quote from: "JugeSTP"
it makes no sense to me that they never played Tangle live. What's up with that? Ditto Man I didn't I know.

i feel like i remember scott or doug or someone in SWB saying something to the effect of "some songs just don't translate well live" with respect to that song, so maybe that's it
When STP had a cookout after filming the video for the Core single "Plush," Weiland made jerk chicken that was "spectacular," Dean raves.

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »
YES!! I love tangle with your mind!! although I was already too into my idea of a HFFC video coming soon  :D
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
Quote from: "CMCracker"
.  You seem to think Scott only likes Softdrive and his solo career, he likes doing that AND STP, he has even said in interviews he loves being able to do both.  It's got to be incredibly creatively fulfilling.

Of course he is going to say that!  I believe that as much as I would love for them to be their old selves, i think too much has happened, and the tours and the new album are being done just for the money....
I disagree, if this were all purely cash grab there would be no new album.  Also Scott mentioned over a year before STP reunited that he wanted to continue their legacy and that the story wasn't finished, and this was before big money offers came in.  I think the money made the reunion happen a year earlier than it would have, but they were always bound to reunite.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »
money was the reason they got back together and toured..I have heard that from several different band members, VR interviews(i know what your thinking lol)
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »
money was the reason they got back together and toured..I have heard that from several different band members, VR interviews(i know what your thinking lol)
Money got them back together, but it's not the ONLY reason.  And tbh money is always a huge part in the music business, I mean do you think VR did that second record and toured because they were all buddies?

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2009, 04:49:20 AM »
Money got them back together, but it's not the ONLY reason.  And tbh money is always a huge part in the music business, I mean do you think VR did that second record and toured because they were all buddies?

That's precisely why they made that album and toured.
Bleeda blooda

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2009, 05:25:52 AM »
Back on topic:

Im interested if TWYM IS going to be a single... then they MUST have plans to play it live. Maybe they'll play it on one of the new shows the have coming up. I like it (I like them all) and would love to hear it live myself.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »
it makes no sense to me that they never played Tangle live. What's up with that? Ditto Man I didn't I know.
I never got that either, the best songs on the album never got played live when they toured the record.

Quote from: "andrew"
;)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2009, 12:10:08 AM »
I never got that either, the best songs on the album never got played live when they toured the record.

;)

Doug said that some songs don't sound as good as they should live. Which is understandable, because Scott doesn't really sing like Bob Dylan very often.

I think they don't play TMIDK because there are all sorts of different instruments that his band members don't play. Like the steel drums and lap steel geetar. The live version from 2005 or whenever is pretty great, I was actually a little disappointed with the studio version after hearing the live version first.
Bleeda blooda

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2009, 01:50:02 AM »
Doug said that some songs don't sound as good as they should live. Which is understandable, because Scott doesn't really sing like Bob Dylan very often.

I think they don't play TMIDK because there are all sorts of different instruments that his band members don't play. Like the steel drums and lap steel geetar. The live version from 2005 or whenever is pretty great, I was actually a little disappointed with the studio version after hearing the live version first.

I had the same feeling when I first heard it, but didn't take so long growing on me
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

Stp74

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=74181814
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »

I disagree, if this were all purely cash grab there would be no new album.  Also Scott mentioned over a year before STP reunited that he wanted to continue their legacy and that the story wasn't finished, and this was before big money offers came in.  I think the money made the reunion happen a year earlier than it would have, but they were always bound to reunite.

As much as I would love to here STP release multi-more albums....here mearly said that there should be bookend on the STP albums.  Take it how you want it, BUT, imo when this STP album gets released.......it's their last as a band.  He seems like he's way more way into his solo stuff right now & this would be the "coda" to STP.

StoneTempleBrett

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
Scott used the bookend quote over 2 years ago before they had reunited.  Just a couple of weeks ago he said they're in the middle of their careers and he has talked about a seventh album.  Obviously things change but it doesn't look like they intend on this being the final album.

VelvetLounngeFly

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2009, 04:35:26 AM »
THIS WILL BE THE LAST ALBUM FOR A WHILE!
depends on what happens i've made my predictions on how everything was gonna pan out not to be a nostradamus but i've been right on most of em and i fought with you about happy and the STP album plenty Brett and it's not about being negative.
i don't really care what they do even if we don't get an album which im sure we are i'm glad they're together because if they were to break up i'd love their quote to be "people expect and want too much from us and don't wanna give us the time needed" let this guys breathe! and besides what the fuck does this have to do with TWYM??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

as far as playing this live is have no idea why...Scott the vocals sound like Scott's recent vocals and maybe cuz they don't wanna have a banjo on stage?!?! who the fuck knows lol
If you only knew..