September 20, 2024, 06:29:11 PM

Author Topic: Missing Cleveland  (Read 32913 times)

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Cleveland
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2008, 02:19:13 PM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Does the leak of this mean the full album is out there somewhere?

Not that I know of, it just came from myspace
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2008, 05:38:54 PM »
A pat on the back for whoever made the better quality version of "missing clevland" up ..

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
I've decided that "Missing Cleveland" could've been a Magnificent Bastards song.

That's a good call.....although Mockingbird Girl is still a better song than Missing Cleveland.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
Quote from: "lovemachine97"
It's just such a ridiculous comment.  I mean, is he NOT being artistic in STP or VR?  Was he NOT artistic on 12 Bar Blues?  Is Happy in Galoshes going to turn off any STP fans that 12 Bar Blues didn't?

Besides, while "independant" artists use myspace to get their name out, for established artists it's really just free advertising*cough*commerce*cough* tool for established artists.  That's not even mention that Spin*cough*commerce*cough* is streaming a song, or that his fame and fortune*cough*commerce*cough* enabled him to make this record, or that the fans who pay to see him play*cough*commerce*cough* are the very fans he doesn't care about.  Nice.

Thats exactly my point.  I just dont see why he needed to say that.  Lots of people who bought his last solo effort, and VR albums were in fact STP fans.  Most of us on here have followed Scott to one place or another.  I just think its a little lofty of him to issue a blanket statement saying a lot of STP fans might not get it.  Granted, the casual STP listener might not, but those of us that are really STP fans (i.e. pretty much everyone here) will probably come to love "Happy...".  I understand he was trying to say that it wont sell well in other words, but it came off as a little jaded and lofty, IMO. 

Like I said, I'm going to be there on Nov 25, and at at least one or two of his solo shows because I love Scott the artist and Scott the human-being.  The past few months I just have not been liking the Scott that is talking to press.   

Also on another note, my "slagging" of his cover art has nothing to do with the music.  He could put out an album with a picture of poop on the cover, and while I wouldnt like that, that doesnt mean I might love the record. 

bigemptysg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2008, 09:04:27 PM »
I could be completely wrong on this but here is what I'm hearing on the chorus of Paralysis

Pack my bags, walk in rain
Hear those voices inside my head
Drinkin' that booze and takin' down names of places I've seen and places I've been
Call my name, shout my name
Trying to find a suit for the place that I lay  (not sure about this line)
Driving down the freeway passing up cars
Scratched my car
Gotta get out of here...

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
crashed my car --instead of scratch i know for sure
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2008, 12:27:15 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Thats exactly my point.  I just dont see why he needed to say that.  Lots of people who bought his last solo effort, and VR albums were in fact STP fans.  Most of us on here have followed Scott to one place or another.  I just think its a little lofty of him to issue a blanket statement saying a lot of STP fans might not get it.  Granted, the casual STP listener might not, but those of us that are really STP fans (i.e. pretty much everyone here) will probably come to love "Happy...".  I understand he was trying to say that it wont sell well in other words, but it came off as a little jaded and lofty, IMO. 

Like I said, I'm going to be there on Nov 25, and at at least one or two of his solo shows because I love Scott the artist and Scott the human-being.  The past few months I just have not been liking the Scott that is talking to press.   

Also on another note, my "slagging" of his cover art has nothing to do with the music.  He could put out an album with a picture of poop on the cover, and while I wouldnt like that, that doesnt mean I might love the record. 

I agree with his "blanket statement" 100%.   The people on the forums probably account for 2% of "STP fans".  Whenever I'm at a concert I'm surrounded by drunken douchebags who just want to hear the singles (Plush), and jump around like retards who don't know any of the lyrics.  I wish I kept a record of the things overheard from so called "fans" at some of these shows.  It's fucken sad. There are fans who can appreciate Scott's artistic endevors, and then there are fans that just want to go to see a show. 

Don't get me wrong... as much as I hate the typical concert douchebags that overpopulate most shows, they're all still contributing to the bands/atrists that I love and have followed for the past 14+ years, so I can deal.   But IMO Scott hit it on the head 100%.
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

Rocketboy

• Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2008, 05:29:11 AM »
Quote from: "STEAK"
I wish I kept a record of the things overheard from so called "fans" at some of these shows.  It's fucken sad.
Just write the down words "junkie," "druggie," "smack," ect.

STEAK

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Just write the down words "junkie," "druggie," "smack," ect.

That bugs me too... but it's more than that.  People who can't pronounce Weiland (WEEland... WTF?), and people who just don't know shit about the music.  Which is why I love it how whenever STP plays a rare song, it shuts 99% of the crowd up since they don't know the song.

Back to that 99%...  I know Scott was generalizing, but it's unfortunatly like that with most other bands as well.   Everyone is a "fan" but the fans that know the songs/lyrics, and follow the band through the years are usually outnumbered 10:1.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:11:28 AM by STEAK »
"Hey there... how's your steak?"

CMCracker

• **Bad Girl**
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
Most of his true fans will like the cd because HE made it even if it sucks!
♪♫Give you all those diamonds, Give you more and more, Shattered all those lies, I bought You from the record store ♪♫

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »
Quote from: "STEAK"

Back to that 99%...  I know Scott was generalizing, but it's unfortunatly like that with most other bands as well.   Everyone is a "fan" but the fans that know the songs/lyrics, and follow the band through the years are usually outnumbered 10:1.
Yeah maybe I am being too sensitive, I just consider us more of the fanbase than I do the average person that has seen STP once or twice in his life. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:55:02 PM by Aaron »

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
Quote from: "King"
Ripping the full quality version of Missing Cleveland off Myspace was fun. ;) Found something interesting too, looks like the album is going to be a double album as per the ID3 tags have the following in the Album area... Happy in Galoshes (Disk One) MP3

Also, apparently the song is 1 from 10 songs on the first disc. :)

P.S. And no, before anyone asks, I am not going to share the full quality version of the song. If you want it, figure out how to rip it too. :P

We should frame this cool guys post. King of what??? Yourself. I spend my entire time on the net sharing my experiences and findings with people that love the same thing. Nice avatar by the way?  Ahhh fuck you probably downloaded cgg 's rip. LOL
 Thanks all !!!
HawkOUT!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »
Its like when Roc said years ago that the STP fans didnt dig songs like "and so i know" ..

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2008, 05:29:58 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Yeah maybe I am being too sensitive, I just consider us more of the fanbase than I do the average person that has seen STP once or twice in his life. 

I see your point, A.  But people like me and you and Josh, etc.  We're freaks.  lol.  We aren't the "average" STP fan.  Shit - I tattooed the damn logo from SLDD to myself.  The average "I-only-know-the-chorus" concert goers make up a much larger part of their fanbase than freaks like us.  I'd consider us "extreme fans."

Like another poster said, when the band plays something like "TCQ" or even "Coma" - I've found that I'm usually the only one standing there singing my ass off and dancing like a maniac, while everyone else is watching with blank stares.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

loungefly611

• The Other Scott
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • Scott 'The Madness' Stessl
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2008, 05:53:44 PM »
Quote from: "Divider"
he didn't try to sound more commercial or "up-to-date" such as other musicians or bands who really disappointed me (see Chris Cornell, working with Timbaland..WTF??)

I was reading an article about the Cornell/Timbaland collaboration. I know all the grungers are gonna be crying foul and be upset about it. That's a given. I am skeptical myself, but I'll give it a shot. It's a matter of perspective if you feel he's doing this for money reasons or artistic reasons. Just because he's got Timbaland on the project doesn't mean it's gonna sell millions. He's a producer. People do not buy albums just because so and so is producing it. People buy the album for the music. So I will wait and see, then judge when I hear it.

I think though it will definitely be a love/hate album.
Dedicated. Disgusting. Disturbing.

I'm just sittin' on this merry-go-round, and the music is too loud..