September 20, 2024, 04:32:31 PM

Author Topic: Missing Cleveland  (Read 32911 times)

cgg

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Cleveland
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »
Everybody's welcome, don't mind a bit.....I've downloaded enough things from here in the few months I've been around that I'm glad to give back whenever I can
STP 2008 - Las Vegas 6/14  Baltimore 8/10

STP 2011 - Belleville 7/22

BrianLev

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
I cant wait for this album, and I understand what Scott meant here, but it sounds very back handed.  Without STP there would be no "Happy in Galoshes".  He's trying to say he expects it to sell sub-par to an STP album (which would be an accomplishment considering SLDDs sales), because STP fans might not get it.  It comes off as spiteful and insulting to his fan base though. 

The 4 stp boys need to learn what not to discuss in interviews (i.e., this above comment, how much money they are making on the reunion tour, etc).  Scott keeps going back to this "commerce" thing, but it was he just a few months ago was talking about how STP needed a better bookend.  I love Scott and STP.  12BB is my favorite disc of anything with SW on it, but still Scott needs to learn when to shut his mouth and let the music speak for itself.  He's getting so condescending towards his fans. 

I also echo the other sentiment here: what is up with that artwork!  Yeesh...

I mean no disrespect saying this but: look what you just said. Scott needs to be kinder to his fans.... you finish that off by slagging his choice of cover art. Scott's telling fans to expect things they wouldn't normally expect from him given Velvet Revolver's and STP's musical stylings. He's not insulting us fans, he's defending himself.

dada402

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »
Quote from: "Peebs"
I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me who Anthony was writing about:
"scare tissue that I wish you saw, a sarcastic Mr. Know-it-all"

:-p

Who was it about?

EustaciaWildeve

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »
Shush you...it's Andrew's dollar.

LOL!!  Okay, okay.  Shushing.  ;)
They sell their words but it\'s all a lie . . .

[url=http://www.fan2band.com/dl/re/scottweiland/1708

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/megmeixner
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »
Quote from: "cgg"
Well aren't you fuckin' cool?

Although it only took about 2 minutes of googling to figure it out, I'll still post it here for everybody else, instead of being an ass about it :D (160 kb/s, not quite as good as Paralysis, but it sounds way better than the original rip)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GI41NPAU

Thanks...glad you see your not an ass like the other person. I thought that this board was all about sharing but I guess some people just get off by being a tool ;D Again thank you...your climbing up the ladder as one of my favorite fellow BE family members ;)
What is What and What Makes You Feel Good?

King

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »
Reason I didn't post it is because of the legalities involved (remember what happened to that guy who posted mastered versions of songs from the G'NR album?). Personally, I don't want Scott knocking at my door yelling at me and threatening me for leaking a good quality version of his song. :P Besides, I knew somebody else would rip it and post it... just enjoy those FBI guys when Scott sicks them on you... kidding of course!

But then again, he shouldn't post it on Myspace, now should he? ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:52:37 PM by King »

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 07:53:31 PM »
Quote from: "King"
Reason I didn't post it is because of the legalities involved (that, and out of respect for Scott). Personally, I don't want Scott knocking at my door yelling at me and threatening me for leaking a good quality version of his song. :P Besides, I knew somebody else would rip it and post it.

But then again, he shouldn't post it on Myspace, now should he? ;)
Respect for Scott? I don't get that because obviously Scott wanted to share that tune or he wouldn't have posted it. It's not leaking when it's posted on his myspace. yeah I could see him taking the time to knock at your door to say "why did you share/post a song that I had already shared with my fans on my myspace?" LOL

King

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
Nope.

If he wanted to share it, he would of enabled downloads of the song on Myspace. Instead, I think he just wanted people to listen to it there. It's leaking when you obtain the full quality version off Myspace (when you're not supposed to unless the artists has allowed downloads of songs) and links are posted publicly. It's illegal and against the Myspace Terms Of Service.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:57:20 PM by King »

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »
Nope.

If he wanted to share it, he would of enabled downloads of the song on Myspace. Instead, I think he just wanted people to listen to it there. It's leaking when you obtain the full quality version off Myspace (when you're not supposed to unless the artists has allowed downloads of songs) and links are posted publicly. It's illegal and against the Myspace Terms Of Service.
then you're in trouble because you admitted that you did it...uh oh...you're going in the slammer LOL

King

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 08:00:17 PM »
Only for my own personal use. :) I didn't post links publicly. I suggest reading the Myspace TOS, as it's a pretty interesting read. ;)

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 08:01:34 PM »
Only for my own personal use. :) I didn't post links publicly. I suggest reading the Myspace TOS, as it's a pretty interesting read. ;)
no thanks that sounds boring

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »
Quote from: "dada402"

Who was it about?

Uh uh...we have to wait for Andrew to see if he wants a crisp new dollar!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:08 PM »
Uh uh...we have to wait for Andrew to see if he wants a crisp new dollar!

A certain guitar player who was married to an "electric" woman.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Ripping the full quality version of Missing Cleveland off Myspace was fun. ;)

P.S. And no, before anyone asks, I am not going to share the full quality version of the song. If you want it, figure out how to rip it too. :P

The question still remains, if you were that concerned, why post at all?  Or at least explain your position in this initial post, as you must admit you came across very sarcastically.

Also, if you were concerned about the legalities, couldn't "8.19    circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the MySpace Services" be interpreted to include what you did by "circumventing" the security involved of not allowing a download of Scott's song?

Quote from: "Aaron"
I cant wait for this album, and I understand what Scott meant here, but it sounds very back handed.  Without STP there would be no "Happy in Galoshes".  He's trying to say he expects it to sell sub-par to an STP album (which would be an accomplishment considering SLDDs sales), because STP fans might not get it.  It comes off as spiteful and insulting to his fan base though. 

The 4 stp boys need to learn what not to discuss in interviews (i.e., this above comment, how much money they are making on the reunion tour, etc).  Scott keeps going back to this "commerce" thing, but it was he just a few months ago was talking about how STP needed a better bookend.  I love Scott and STP.  12BB is my favorite disc of anything with SW on it, but still Scott needs to learn when to shut his mouth and let the music speak for itself.  He's getting so condescending towards his fans. 

I also echo the other sentiment here: what is up with that artwork!  Yeesh...

It's just such a ridiculous comment.  I mean, is he NOT being artistic in STP or VR?  Was he NOT artistic on 12 Bar Blues?  Is Happy in Galoshes going to turn off any STP fans that 12 Bar Blues didn't?

Besides, while "independant" artists use myspace to get their name out, for established artists it's really just free advertising*cough*commerce*cough* tool for established artists.  That's not even mention that Spin*cough*commerce*cough* is streaming a song, or that his fame and fortune*cough*commerce*cough* enabled him to make this record, or that the fans who pay to see him play*cough*commerce*cough* are the very fans he doesn't care about.  Nice.

STmotherfuckinP

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »
LOL..sorry I couldn't help but notice that you are coming down with something...can I give you a cough drop ROFLMAO