September 20, 2024, 08:37:05 PM

Author Topic: Missing Cleveland  (Read 32918 times)

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
Re: Missing Cleveland
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
I love "Missing Cleveland."  Love it, love it, love it.  It totally sounds like a 12BB outtake.  Very catchy, and I love Weiland's vocals.  This is the first song I've heard from "Happy" - and I've been waiting more than 10 years - so I think it kind of holds a special place in my heart because of that.  Honestly, I never thought we'd see Weiland flying solo again.  

I wish he would have made a video for this one rather than Paralysis.  Maybe then we wouldn't have had to see *shudder* a half-neked (s)Paz.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2008, 08:51:30 PM »
^^^Yeah, I know.  I listened all afternoon and they kept teasing about it but never played it.  I even emailed them a request.   I finally had to turn it off because I couldn't stand what they were playing.  They kept repeating all the same songs.  I like Lithium WAY better.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »
Yup I did the same thing.. hopefully we are not the only ones requesting it!  ???
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:49 AM »
The song is catchy but I just don't think its anything special.

CagedTiger

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
Good song and definately VERY catchy, that chorus gets stuck in my head! Sure there are better songs on the album but this was definately a good choice for first single.
Nothing matters again, I didn\'t think we\'d last that long

Cuatro01

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2008, 11:47:05 PM »
I like Missing Cleveland.  In addition to liking the song for what it is, I also like that it is the closest thing to a rock song on the album (from what I've heard so far, having not heard the 2nd disc).  I don't expect anything on a Weiland solo album that sounds like Down or Sex Type Thing.  But although I like plenty of songs on 12BB and HIG, my biggest frustration is that almost ALL of both albums are experimental/artsy sounding.  There is nothing wrong with a good song that is more traditional sounding.  With some of the people on this message board, it almost feels like they automatically like the most soft, artsy songs the most and automatically dislike the more mainstream sounding songs.

I like Barbarella, Lady Your Roof..., Adhesive, Bi-Polar Bear, etc.  I just don't want a whole album of nothing but songs that sound like that.  So that's one more reason why I enjoy Missing Cleveland.

Junior

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2008, 03:19:45 AM »

Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2008, 04:09:38 AM »
Good, so we'll also be getting a video for Missing Cleveland.
We like the cars...the cars that go BOOM!

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:38 PM »
Awesome, can't wait to see the video.
Which VR video did he direct? Slither?
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
Ack!  I hope he comes home to shoot this one - he can do that famous "Weiland Wiggle" in front of the Rock Hall - snow and all.   :)

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »
Quote from: "STPGurl"
Ack!  I hope he comes home to shoot this one - he can do that famous "Weiland Wiggle" in front of the Rock Hall - snow and all.   :)
First of all you no they are shooting at least some of it here and you no we will find out when and were . We are soooo there.
 ;) he can't hide in our home town.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

CREEP2

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
Quote from: "CREEP2"
Quote from: "STPGurl"
First of all you no they are shooting at least some of it here and you no we will find out when and were . We are soooo there.
 ;) he can't hide in our home town.I only made one post and do not no why all the others are there so this is me saying sorry.
"I\'d suck dick for fashion and there was a time when I\'d suck dick for a crack hit,

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
Quote from: "NakedFountain"
Awesome, can't wait to see the video.
Which VR video did he direct? Slither?

Slither and Fall to Pieces...
I really like this guy! we gonna have a good video!
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

SoftVinyl

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2008, 09:55:39 PM »
<<With some of the people on this message board, it almost feels like they automatically like the most soft, artsy songs the most and automatically dislike the more mainstream sounding songs.>>

I think that it is because in the other bands we get the 'balls-to-the-wall rocker' Scott. His more 'artsy' material just sounds sooo differant than your F.M. Weiland. I welcome this kind of experiemental sound.
\'I\'m not paranoid...everyone is just out to get me!\'

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »
Quote from: "Cuatro01"
With some of the people on this message board, it almost feels like they automatically like the most soft, artsy songs the most and automatically dislike the more mainstream sounding songs.

First of all - are you the same oldschool Cuatro that used to post here?   :)

I think the reason for that, though, is because like SoftVinyl said, we've have a chance to see "mainstream Scott" in STP and VR.  This solo disc allows Weiland to really cut loose and just be himself.  He's been quoted as saying that the "commercial aspect" of his career has been accomplished, and that his upcoming CD is more about him just having the chance to express himself.  Here, we get to hear what was left behind on the cutting room floor - the things that were too "experimental" for STP, the things that never fit into VR, and the things that, frankly, wouldn't ever make it on radio.

While there are tons of "casual fans" that post here - many of the regular posters are pretty hard-core fans.  Whenever you're talking about someone that's fanatical, you're obviously going to be dealing with more obscure material.   :)

I still haven't picked my favorites just yet.  "Big Black Monster," "Killing me Sweetly," and "Tangle with your Mind" really seem to stick out after the first few listens, though.   ;D   Obscure or main-stream - I don't give a shit.  I'm just happy to have anything Weiland.   8)