September 20, 2024, 08:32:32 PM

Author Topic: Missing Cleveland  (Read 32917 times)

Vaporized

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Cleveland
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
Quote from: "loungefly611"
I was reading an article about the Cornell/Timbaland collaboration. I know all the grungers are gonna be crying foul and be upset about it. That's a given. I am skeptical myself, but I'll give it a shot. It's a matter of perspective if you feel he's doing this for money reasons or artistic reasons. Just because he's got Timbaland on the project doesn't mean it's gonna sell millions. He's a producer. People do not buy albums just because so and so is producing it. People buy the album for the music. So I will wait and see, then judge when I hear it.

I think though it will definitely be a love/hate album.

I heard Cornell's new solo shit and I like it better than Weiland's.
Take it.

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2008, 05:26:58 AM »
Quote from: "Divider"
...he didn't try to sound more commercial or "up-to-date" such as other musicians or bands who really disappointed me (see Chris Cornell, working with Timbaland..WTF??)...

What are your thoughts on Weiland & Pharell Williams colab on the Happy track?

MedicBarbie

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2008, 07:19:59 AM »
Quote from: "Rocketboy"
Just write the down words "junkie," "druggie," "smack," ect.
and then write down the sound when you hear my fist bustin' someones nose.... :P

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2008, 09:01:22 AM »
So I just realized, as I checked Scott's myspace, that "Missing Cleveland" has grown on me.  While I expected something closer to 12 Bar Blues (especially considering all the solo/collaborative stuff we've heard from him like the Wondergirls, Big Blue Missile, etc.), I was surprised to hear something so raw as a first single, and so mainstream.

Anyways, as far as Cornell goes, I think it's best to give him the benefit of the doubt as far as whether it's experimentation or a cash grab.  This is the guy who easily put Soundgarden behind him, and then later put Audioslave behind him to put out small solo records.  I don't think Audioslave was a cash grab, and that was the best possible opportunity for him to stay relevant or make money.  Chris Cornell circa 2001 + RATM is a no brainer for money.  Chris Cornell circa 2008 + Timbaland is not.

Also, of the songs I have heard from THAT record, I like Long Gone, Ground Zero, and Part of me so far...

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »
Alt Nation has started to play Missing Cleveland.. there is a god and its called satellite radio:)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:00:40 AM by Ivy »
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2008, 10:02:17 PM »
I used to have sirius and loved alt-nation.  Also liked Lithium a lot (the 90s rock/alternative station).

Had to drop sirius though, because i just am not in my car as much anymore.  Good to hear Weiland is on the radio though.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
I'm addicted to Sirius.. I like Alt nation, Lithium and pretty much am always listening to Left of Center.  I'll be checking Alt nation more now that the man is on it :) Good B-day present for me, i mean him. lol
"I\'ve been suicidal since God I don\'t know when, so get down on your knees say a prayer say amen.

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
That's cool, have no idea what sirius radio is though, lol.

do you guys think the video will be played on VH1 or something?
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2008, 01:00:08 AM »
Look Sirius up on the web... music music music-the stuff the "regular" radio, vh1, mtv etc NEVER would play.. It's great.. I don't have faith that the video will be on vh1.. but hopefully

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2008, 01:03:37 AM »
Sirius is satellite radio, there's also XM.  I love lithium, they play tons of STP.  I'll definitely check alt nation.  It's pretty good too.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
Sirius is satellite radio, there's also XM.  I love lithium, they play tons of STP.  I'll definitely check alt nation.  It's pretty good too.
YES they do play tons of STP.. makes the work day muchhhh nicer.  It's great :)Alt Nation is good- alot of "emo-ish" stuff if you're up for it.  Left of center takes it for me though.  I was hoping to hear Scotty on it but I guess Alt Nation it is.  Atleast they are playing it.   Kudos!

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2008, 01:14:46 AM »
True, true!!  My favorite though is Lucy on XM.  We play it at work all day and play it LOUD (in a Dr's office no less)  The doc says it's so his other patients can't hear him discuss other cases. Um, ok.  I'm happy with that.

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2008, 02:43:09 AM »
I've heard Lucy and like it also, that's what my friends have. Sweet about your work situation! I work at a drs office also.. we get crap to listen to :(  But I'm in my cave listening to STP, Scott and Sirius. :)

Cucho

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/voxfantome
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
Just heard 'Missing Cleveland' on Sirius 21 Alt Nation - Tuesday 28, 2008 @ 10:46 am

Album 2 Track 5

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
Quote from: "Cucho"
Just heard 'Missing Cleveland' on Sirius 21 Alt Nation - Tuesday 28, 2008 @ 10:46 am
To funny.. me to :)