September 19, 2024, 11:38:38 PM

Author Topic: Scott Weiland Tour Dates 2009 Discussion/Updates  (Read 31346 times)

Dr. Clinton Wheat

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/clintnewland
Re: Scott Weiland Tour Dates 2009 Discussion/Updates
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »
Yey, come to the UK. i'd love to see the solo show, i saw VR four times and have never been lucky enough to see STP so would love to see Scott in a different vibe than VR. Excellent, hope there's some dates announced soon.

weilandfan

• My username says it all
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2009, 05:15:45 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
Quote from: "weilandfan"
I say he should go to the UK!! Fans are dying to see him & its such a great tour, you'll never hear these songs he does ever unless he does another solo tour. He should go properly show the fans overseas some love. I'd be salavating if I lived over there & couldn't make it here for a solo show!!! Its so special!!!

Go Scotty!! Go go go!!
But like I said in the other thread, from a business perspective, is it profitable for Scott to tour solo over there?  I highly doubt it.  I just don't see why he should do it when he's been on tour for 2 years straight.

I think it would be... seems how the real SW fans missed out on the STP tour, if it were ME, and I missed STP & he came solo, I'd be in heaven!!! And if he DIDN'T come for solo shows, I'd be heartbroken.

If they are considering it, they they must be thinking it IS profitable for them to go.

You gotta lay off the STP Brett. Just a bit. Ley him promote his solo stuff properly. He didn't get to do that with 12BB, and I think THIS cd is going over much better then that one did, just from the internet & fans knowing about it more easlily this time around.

STP will be doing their music, dont worry. But let Scott enjoy his solo touring. HE seems in a good space right now. Everyone should be able to have a chance to see this tour.

tiny_weiland

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »
i think EVERY weiland fan should have the opportunity to see him! doesnt matter where..
for example im from argentina and i have seen him once with stp but i would love to see him playing his solo stuff...
he should do a world tour! but is obvious that he cant.. cause if he did he would have done that already---

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2009, 05:01:25 PM »
I don't think Scott's main priority with HIG is making a profit.  I think it's more about making the kind of music HE wants and touring when and where HE wants.  I say let him go to Europe.  If he doesn't go and he wanted to, then he make get frustrated with the constraints a "band" puts on him and then we'll never get another STP record.  Let him be happy and do what he wants.  I personally hope he comes back to the midwest doing his solo thing.  I loved both shows I went to.  That's just my opinion.

marie

• Ground Personnel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2009, 10:20:20 PM »
That is a good point christie.

I am praying with everything for him to come to the UK x

Rust

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
Would love him to play the UK!

NakedFountain

• And I think I think too much
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »
I can't afford that :( he needs to come to germany or denmark
"I wanna drink from your naked fountain
I can drown your sorrow"

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:13 AM »
Quote from: "christie1991"
I don't think Scott's main priority with HIG is making a profit.  I think it's more about making the kind of music HE wants and touring when and where HE wants.  I say let him go to Europe.  If he doesn't go and he wanted to, then he make get frustrated with the constraints a "band" puts on him and then we'll never get another STP record.  Let him be happy and do what he wants.  I personally hope he comes back to the midwest doing his solo thing.  I loved both shows I went to.  That's just my opinion.

No his priority was to cover production and distribution costs at the least plus to put some money in his and his band members pockets to say the least. That kind of income can only be generated by touring.  The expenses of a solo band travelling to Europe are unheard of especially when they would be playing small venues.  The VR and STP overseas shows are ginormous capacity venues that is the only reason they go.  Depressing as it sounds.
 Record sales and single releases are a thing of the past.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:34 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
the expenses of a solo band travelling to Europe are unheard of especially when they would be playing small venues.  The VR and STP overseas shows are ginormous capacity venues that is the only reason they go.
This is the exact reason that I doubt it will happen, if STP didn't bother to play some dates there in 2008 why would Scott Weiland solo?  I highly doubt a European tour will happen, the best hope European fans have to see Scott is with STP in 2010.  The most Scott could really get over there would maybe be a festival gig, but festival runners over there would probably rather have STP than Scott solo.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

hawk900

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »
Yep it definately isn't gonna happen!!!!!!!!
Hawk.

StoneTempleBrett

• AlternativeNation.net & STPfans.com
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Pooper Scooper
    • View Profile
    • AlternativeNation.net
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »
Quote from: "hawk900"
Yep it definately isn't gonna happen!!!!!!!!
Hawk.
Well we don't know this for sure, but I see it as being unlikely, maybe a few shows at the most.

STP Shows: 5/1/08, 6/24/08, 12/31/08, 7/1/09, 5/25/10, 6/5/10, 10/29/10, 9/22/12, 5/30/13, 9/1/13
Velvet Revolver Shows: 7/22/06, 9/15/07
Scott Weiland Shows: 12/14/08, 12/8/11

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »
If he does play London he should do it like the day after Michael Jackson, that way I can see them both. Then I'll definetly go.
I can drown your sorrow"

STP

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
Ok, so Scott has a fan who says that the one reason to go and watch him is playing the day after the freak of M.Jackson.

Poor Scott!
Whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not!

Shangri

• Bad Girl-La Dee Da
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • "It's like playing in front of 40 000 drummers"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:50 PM »
Well according to Brett and Hawk. if STP bothered to come to Argentina so Scott could do it  too ;D  

Don't reply, don't make me feel worse :'(
"We grew with the speed of light but crashed in the night"

NakedFountain

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Bi Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2009, 11:30:30 PM »
Quote from: "STP"
Ok, so Scott has a fan who says that the one reason to go and watch him is playing the day after the freak of M.Jackson.

Poor Scott!

What's your problem? It would be a perfect way for me to see them both. What's wrong with that?
I can drown your sorrow"