September 17, 2024, 07:33:23 PM

Author Topic: 2008-12-06 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata  (Read 13388 times)

sbennett

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/12/06 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: "peronim"
What's the closest seats anyone got?  I called and ordered right at 10 and the closest I got was Row M Section 200....I mean the place is small and there's pretty much not a bad seat in the house but still...

I guess I was LUCKY...I went on right at 10:00 and the first seats that came up were sec 100 row E seats 101-102...prob the worst seats in the place....I tried again right away and sec 300 row H seats 305-306, which are pretty damn good seats...I purchased them...For the hell of it I went back on at 10:40 and tried again...This time SECTION 200 ROW E-- SEATS 208 and 209 came up...YES!!  FIFTH ROW CENTER.... I freaked out..My hands were shaking so bad trying to put my info in that I tought I might lose them...But I didn't...I still can't believe those seats came up out of NOWHERE. Just for the hell of it I kept trying on and off for like an hour and a half but the same shitty seats kept coming up. It's almost as if they blocked out the whole 200 (center) section. It just goes to show you that anything can happen when it comes to buying these tix...I have to say tho, this has NEVER happened to me before...5th row center for $32.00 a ticket ?...Needless, I'm friggin happy !! Anyone that's holding out for good seats, just go on a couple times a day and give it a shot....Good Luck !!

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:29:44 AM »
Ya I wonder where all the first 5 rows went.

I went on and kept trying, eventually I got the back row, K, of the 300s. Whatever, I'll be there having fun regardless of my seat.
adhesive love

sbennett

• Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 08:11:42 AM »
Quote from: "Casper"
Ya I wonder where all the first 5 rows went.

I went on and kept trying, eventually I got the back row, K, of the 300s. Whatever, I'll be there having fun regardless of my seat.

Like it was said already, there isn't a bad seat in the house. Anywhere you sit is gonna be a great seat..

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2008-12-06 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »
The tour is about to start and this show is around the corner. Who is confirmed to be there?
adhesive love

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
2 Extra Tickets to Atlantic City Show (12/06)
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 10:57:52 PM »
I have two extra tickets to the Scott Weiland Atlantic City Borgata Show...Section 200 Row M...I'm selling them for $75 for both or $40 for each (27.50 face value plus 5.00 livenation charge plus shipping to you)  Paypal would greatly be appreciated, I'll give you details if you email me..I'm not trying to make any money on these, I'm just trying to recover the money I shelled out plus the cost of shipping to you...two friends that I got tix for bailed out so if anyone is interested let me know   my email is Peronim@live.com

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 10:17:49 PM »
Just scored section 100 Front Row tickets!!  I still have those two extra tix^^^^ if anyones interested.

peronim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 04:28:19 PM »
TONIGHTTT WOOHOOOO

Casper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »
Nice snag! I will be there with my homie. Back row of the front right section. Pretty sure our STP/GnR/VR hybrid buddy Dave will be there on the other side of the front section.
adhesive love

bedshaped

• Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:03 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first post, however, I've been an STP fan since '95 and have been a frequent visitor to this site for years.  I just got back from the show and I'm so excited that I had to post a quick review to let you all know how great the show was.  

Scott and the band came on at around 9:45 and played the following set, not entirely sure if the order is correct and I could have made some mistakes...

Reel around the Fountain
Killing me Sweetly
Paralysis
Mockingbird Girl
Waiting for Superman
Big Black Monster
Blind Confusion
Interstate Love Song
Blister On My Soul
Beautiful Day
ENCORE
Barbarella
Missing Cleveland

Scott and the band sounded extremely tight tonight.  I saw STP 3 times this year (Camden, Holmdel, AC) and Scott sounded the best tonight by far. The acoustics were incredible and his voice was much louder and on key.  He seemed to be in a very good mood.  He even joked about his voice cracking after 'Reel Around the Fountain' saying when something like that happens atleast you know you're not listening to Britney Spears, Christina Augilera, etc.  Also, they made a mistake during 'Blister On My Soul' (I think) but did a very good job covering it up.  After the song Scott joked that they came up with that on the spot and atleast the band didn't stop mid-song like some bands but said he wouldn't go any further into that (not sure who this was a shot at, maybe VR?).  He also confirmed that there would be another STP Album in the future.  He did say that he didn't want the constraints of being in a band and having band members relying on him however. So definitely some mixed signals from Scott.  He also talked about 'Happy in Galoshes' being released on an independent label and said he would like to do the same with the STP album.  Scott also had a very witty comeback after someone in the crowd yelled "STP!" by just replying "good band" and everyone laughed.

As far as the crowd, everyone seemed very into it.  There were several idiots that would yell out for STP or an STP song but they weren't bad for the most part.  The weird thing was that it was a seated show and everyone was in an awkward position as to sit or stand.  Scott told everyone to get off their asses early in the show but very few listened.  I actually did sit for most of the show because everyone around me was sitting and I didn't want to be "that guy".

The highlight for me was probably the Scott sitting down and telling a story at the end of the show.  During "Missing Cleveland" he sat on the teleprompter and danced back and forth on it, making it obvious that the lyrics were being scrolled on it.  After the song he told everyone about seeing his idol, Frank Sinatra, in NY and noticing a teleprompter with the lyrics.  He said at that point he realized that Sinatra had over 50 albums and how difficult it would be to remember all the words.  He said after being in several bands and having a solo career along with being in his 40's that he now needs one too.  He said anyone that creates a band will learn this too.

At the end Scott stayed on stage for a little while and shook a lot of hands.  Unfortunately, he was too far to my right for me to get over there.  I took plenty of pictures that I will upload tomorrow and post but I have a terrible camera so I'm sure they're not that good.  I'm sorry if this sounds like a bunch of gibberish but it's late and I had a long drive home!  If I remember any additional details I will post them in the morning.

Silvergun Picture Show

• They Call Me Phil.
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Buy a minute, spend an hour burnin' burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 09:15:41 AM »
Thanks for registering and letting us know how it went =)
STP: 08/22/10 - Cleveland, OH.
        08/28/10 - Pittsburgh, PA.

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye could see."
-Thoman Jefferson

christie1991

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
Yeah, thanks for your post!!  The pics are really good.  I'm even more excited for Chicago and Detroit!!

Peebs

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Ghetto Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »
Also...
I got a text last night from Casper who was at the show that read "Weiland said STP will do another album and without Atlantic. He also said it would be STP's last album because he's done with bands".

I'm sure when our friendly resident ghost wakes up he'll come on and elaborate and give more details!
If you don't like STP, then you're pretty much not American (from a MO message board)

Volant9353

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
Scott Weiland Says there will be a new STP record at concert
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »
See article link, scott says new STP

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/113/ ... 38990.html
“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.” - David Bowie

Me(hdi)

• Contributors
  • Flight Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Weiland Says there will be a new STP record at concert
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
I would have thought he would have played about 18 to 20 songs and make the set about 1 hour 40 minutes-ish.  This is a bit of a downer and puts me on the fence about seeing him in SF.  Hopefully these are just warm-up gigs, ha.