September 20, 2024, 07:31:13 AM

Author Topic: Weiland Backs Obama  (Read 26865 times)

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
Re: Weiland Backs Obama
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:15 AM »
Quote from: "StoneTempleBrett"
I'm shocked there are other Republicans here, I thought this thread would be me vs. everybody lol.  Political talk always gets heated.

I was raised by my extremely conservative grandma, and my mom and my dad are both Republicans, so I lean more towards the right, but right now I'd say it's a bad time to be in either party.

Both of the candidates (along with their running mates) are completely pathetic and neither of them will do a good job as president.

What the fuck is up with Joe Biden? I don't trust that guy at all. Every interview, press conference, etc, I'm like "why the hell would anyone vote for that guy?" He's so fuckin' shady.

At least Palin is milfalious.
Bleeda blooda

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »
Relative to how much this can coexist with a politician, I actually think Biden is smart, is passionate, and means well.

However, the reason John McCain has been "muzzled" by his campaign team is because of Biden's inability sometimes not to think before he deviates from the script (*edit* I mean that McCain has a tendency to go off script and make off-hand remarks.  He shares this with Biden, and that is why he is being muzzled).

That also shows how Politicians make just make things up sometimes.  Biden's comment, that "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened,'" was just completely made up.

Also, I don't want to confuse conservatism with being a Republican.  I am a conservative, but belong to no party, especially not the Republican or Democtratic parties.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 03:43:00 AM by lovemachine97 »

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:15 AM »
"Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

There's a lovely quote from Joe Biden. I think he'd be a lot better off just keeping his mouth shut.

And there's no way I'm going to vote for a guy who says that.
Bleeda blooda

Lazy Divey

• Pink love fuzz
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »
Quote from: "andrew"
"Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

There's a lovely quote from Joe Biden. I think he'd be a lot better off just keeping his mouth shut.

But you are going to vote for a woman that made women pay for their own rape kits?  Not to mention wants to take away a woman's right to choose altogether.  You are going to vote for a man that was investigated for corruption in the late 80s?   Classy

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2008, 03:58:50 AM »

Believe me, I understand you perfectly.

I don't think Biden made this up, however.  Candidates get foreign affairs briefings, and Obama had just gotten his.  It is likely that there is intelligence stating that there might be some sort of attack, terrorist or otherwise, generated specifically towards Barack's administration.  Biden went on to say, "I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," so I think this theory holds water.

However, it could be argued that gabbing about classified potential threats involving a hypothetical scenario (Obama's election) is a giant blunder.

CNN wouldn't even play that part of the speech initially.  They only played the part where Biden said Barack had steel in his spine.  However, Fox News played the whole speech.  This is where I have a problem with people blanketing Fox with bias.  Fox is biased because it plays the whole speech, not in part, and the whole speech contains material that may concern not just Replubicans, but most Americans?  And THAT's a problem? 

Honestly, my biggest problem with Biden is his backtracking, saying that he meant both candidates would be tested.  If you read the transcript, there is no way he could have meant that.  He has said all kinds of things that the left just wants to ignore.  That Obama isn't ready.  That the world can't afford on the job training (in the form of an Obama Presidency).  The country would be better off if McCain were President.

While I don't question his intelligence, or his passion, I am mindful that he is a politician.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:01:03 AM by lovemachine97 »

lovemachine97

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2008, 04:00:28 AM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"
But you are going to vote for a woman that made women pay for their own rape kits?  Not to mention wants to take away a woman's right to choose altogether.  You are going to vote for a man that was investigated for corruption in the late 80s?   Classy

I don't mean this to be devisive, but I have a question I have been asking many people lately, mostly in real life though lol...

Do you agree with Joe Biden that the election of Sarah Palin to the Vice Presidency would be a "backwards step for women"?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:03:23 AM by lovemachine97 »

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »
Quote from: "everylilwhore"
Ah, how there once was a day that I would waste my time trying to get involved in this and trying to change someone's mind.

Ahhhh... the good ole' days!  :D
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

rymo84

• Contributors
  • Co-Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
Both these candidates are terrible. One is an old bumbling fool, the other is as fit to be President as I am. Is that really the best 2 out of 300 million people?

All I know is that I want it over with already. Living in Ohio, you see/read/hear 500 election ads per day. I'm ready to throw my TV off a balcony.

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2008, 09:12:28 PM »
Quote from: "Lazy Divey"

Nope, I'm not going to vote for either. When both of the candidates have a high probability of fucking this country over, I'm just going to not mark that tiny little square with my number 2 pencil, and then when 2010 rolls around and the country is even more in the shitter, I'm just going to tell people "I told you so."
Bleeda blooda

STPGurl

• Original Bad Girl
  • Cardinal
  • Sky Captain
  • Sucker for SRW
    • View Profile
    • SWBGC
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »
I'm just going to tell people "I told you so."

How can you say "told you so" when you aren't even exercising your OWN right to vote?   ???  Doesn't really make much sense.
How could they not notice it?! Because it's a little mint.  It's a Junior Mint!

wayne gretzky

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
I think they should get rid of the law that states presidents can be in power no more that 2 terms, bring back Clinton .. yes?

Aaron

• Global Moderator
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
Nope, I'm not going to vote for either.

Hopefully you'll still go and vote.  There are other elections besides the presidental election that are important. 

I'm just going to not mark that tiny little square with my number 2 pencil, and then when 2010 rolls around and the country is even more in the shitter, I'm just going to tell people "I told you so."

Seriously, i dont think anyone is using #2 pencils to vote.  I am getting ready to vote in my third state now, and have never seen a scan-tron voting application like you are describing.  Then again it says you are 20, so maybe you've never been before and dont know this.  Go vote, let your voice be heard or you have no right to "I'm just going to tell people "I told you so."", IMO.  If you dont like either candidate (like me) you can vote for who you think is the best man for the job that is on the ballot or write in a name.  You really need to be voting for your congressional leaders though.  That is even more important than the presidental election. 

Chris Pepper

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2008, 11:28:07 PM »
Obama is refreshing.  He seems to have the capacity to understand what is going on and have an appropriate opinion.  Republicans do not seems to be able to do this.  All they seem to care about is gay marriage, guns, and if Uncle Sam is going to take a few $$$ away from them and give it to people who may need some assistance.  He has two little girls and I like to think he considers there well being and the country they'll be left with when this is all over.  Obama is the right choice.........

Slim Jim

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2008, 03:58:33 AM »
Quote from: "Aaron"
Hopefully you'll still go and vote.  There are other elections besides the presidental election that are important. 

Seriously, i dont think anyone is using #2 pencils to vote.  I am getting ready to vote in my third state now, and have never seen a scan-tron voting application like you are describing.  Then again it says you are 20, so maybe you've never been before and dont know this.  Go vote, let your voice be heard or you have no right to "I'm just going to tell people "I told you so."", IMO.  If you dont like either candidate (like me) you can vote for who you think is the best man for the job that is on the ballot or write in a name.  You really need to be voting for your congressional leaders though.  That is even more important than the presidental election. 

I agree everyone that can, should vote. If you don't want to vote, go anyway and vote for one of the other third party candidates. They probably won't win, but then you could say "told you so" when either of these two fuck everything up even more than it already is.

Anyway, in my district in CT, they've been using the scan-tron machines since the last time I voted about two years ago. I preferred the old way, with a curtain that closes behind you and the whole machine made that metal clanging noise when you open and close the big lever. With this new one I feel like I'm taking a test in school.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." - George W. Bush

crackerdude

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2008, 01:06:27 AM »
Its been a long time since I heard anyone diss Weiland. Whether it's his political choice or not. Nice to see who cares