September 20, 2024, 01:42:32 AM

Author Topic: Dave Coutts(Talk Show vocalist)  (Read 28220 times)

NakedSundayCrackerman

• Sky Captain
  • Official Batman of Below Empty forums
    • View Profile
Re: Dave Coutts(Talk Show vocalist)
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2013, 01:53:18 AM »
It isn't the real Dave Coutts.
I just thought together we'd stand, but now I'm looking for your hand...where are you? 'Cause all four walls are comin' down tonight...

August 19th 2012

Cave Doutts

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2014, 05:12:20 AM »
Robert used to live in San Pedro, moved, to New York upstate, now he's back. I introduced him to his wife at a show in San Diego. Dean lived or still lives in Malibu. He used to call his then girlfriend "shorts" I don't know why. Eric had a house in San Francisco and a little flat in downtown LA. Saturday was written on the road way after we recorded the album. Sorry it took two years to reply, forgot my password!
Dean had a sick little black Harley, Robert drove very down to earth ford explorers. I burned his seat with a cigarette. Sorry Robert! Eric had a black Mercedes, let me borrow It once and it got towed away from a parking lot in L B. Cause I forgot to pay.
What else do you need? Robert loves to surf as I do too. He has two boys. I have 2 girls and a boy that also loves to surf. I am still with the girl I was married to before Talk Show even had a name. Tracey still gets pissed at me for taking off my wedding ring for the one and only video. I did it because I thought I was too old! Ha! I was the new guy, the only married one, the only one with no Money in the bank!

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2014, 05:17:35 AM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:28:36 PM by Flyingmerpa »

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 05:45:39 AM »
Did Eric talk to you guys more than he does in interviews?

Cave Doutts

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »
Midlife? Way past that bro. Why?
Eric was very quiet. Gave me a book at the end of our road trip with Aerosmith about a guy who searched all over the world for his fortune; found it in his backyard. I think he was trying to tell me something but could not do it with his mouth.

sonofthecastle

• Pilot
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2014, 07:48:24 AM »
as an upstate ny resident I'm curious, where did Robert live exactly?

Long Way Home

• Contributors
  • Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 10:29:57 AM »
Talk Show was a big part of freshman year in college music-wise. The album still gets a few listens per year from me. Great album. My three year old daughter likes it over anything STP.

If this is truly Dave: you should absolutely do an interview for Brett's site "Alternative Nation". They do a nice job over there -- they are big fans and ask insightful questions. The fans here would love it. Thank you for considering it.

Sounds like life is treating you well. That is great to hear.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:57:13 AM by Long Way Home »

Five Star Edge

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
I've always been curious about this.........was there any talk/discussions of making another album after the tour ended for the s/t album?  Thanks for answering our questions  :)
I’m here to bleed for all the lust and lonely nights.

JBattista

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Favorite Flavor: Watermelon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
Thanks Dave! Sounds like Kretzel is an interesting guy...

TaylorCJ

• Co-Pilot
  • We told her that you loved her
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2014, 06:21:51 PM »

If this is truly Dave: you should absolutely do an interview for Brett's site "Alternative Nation". They do a nice job over there -- they are big fans and ask insightful questions. The fans here would love it. Thank you for considering it.

+1. Brett/Alternative Nation does some fantastic interviews. Lots of fans of the Talk Show record around here, it would be so cool to get some insight!

NickLorenza

• Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
Gave me a book at the end of our road trip with Aerosmith about a guy who searched all over the world for his fortune; found it in his backyard. I think he was trying to tell me something but could not do it with his mouth.

Sounds like someone else has read "The Alchemist".   Dave I have to say that in 1997 I was 14 when the record was released and I just didn't get it.  In 2013 I put it on again as a 30 year old and this time the experience was different in a very positive way.  It was like a whole new world from my past opened up to me that I could now fully appreciate for what it is.

You guys really had some gems on there.  I felt you did a fantastic job with "Hello, Hello" and "Everybody Loves My Car"; but it's songs like "Morning Girl", "Ring Twice", "Fill The Fields", and especially "John" that put that album over the top.  Thank you for being a part of that and giving me something new to really discover even if it took me 16 years to be able to "get it".

Would love to see you guys make a second album at some point.

Flyingmerpa

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:28:24 PM by Flyingmerpa »

The Action Girls

• The ORIGINAL Melody Man
  • Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • Is she fighting for air?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »
I believe it's him. Dave replied to a post I made waaaay back in 2007 on the OLD Atlantic Records STP site. The ONLY comment he made there at that time. If he really is Dave Coutts, he'll know this:

Mr. Coutts (And I do mean Mr. Coutts), I made a comment in late 2007 about buying you something for your troubles. What was said item, and if you remember, what did you say you would do with said item?

Nevermind... thinking about it now, it probably wasn't even Dave who commented to me 7 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:43:32 AM by The Action Girls »
Back for another one

Cave Doutts

• Ground Personnel
  • Arrivals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2014, 06:06:33 AM »
Shit everything I just typed was erased.
Yes The Alchemist! To the guy who sill doubts, why would I waste my time making shit up? Dude with 3 year old who prefers Talk Show .. There is nothing wrong with your beautiful daughter and thanks. Don't feel bad about not getting it, I still don't. Trees grow from the silence of the earth..

andrew

• Contributors
  • Sky Captain
  • I'm the milk man
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »
Shit everything I just typed was erased.
Yes The Alchemist! To the guy who sill doubts, why would I waste my time making shit up? Dude with 3 year old who prefers Talk Show .. There is nothing wrong with your beautiful daughter and thanks. Don't feel bad about not getting it, I still don't. Trees grow from the silence of the earth..

It's not that Dave Coutts would waste his time making shit up, but there's a fuckton of no life losers on the internet who have nothing better to do than try to get a rise out of other random people on the internet.....

If it's the real Coutts, I'd like you to know that the music you made with the DeLeo brothers & Kretz is some of the best non-Weiland music those guys have released since 1992 and the  Talk Show album holds a very special place in my heart.  Such great chords & words & melodies.
Bleeda blooda